Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Total Calories

I just started entering my meals into MyFitnessPal -I was losing track of protein-very scatter-brained since surgery last week, and I can't find anything from my nut. regarding daily caloric limit. I'm sure it's less than 1,000-more like 700-800, I'm guessing. Anyone have info. on calories?

Mine never gave me a number of calories, just what I was allowed during specific weeks. I've been doing myfitnesspal for a few weeks now and I've been as low as 300 and as high is 800. 500 is my average.

I also use my fitness pal and am 4 1/2 weeks out. I was only getting about 500 calories in, but plenty of Protein and liquids in and was in a stall. This week I upped my calories a bit to 700 and am having to work at really getting that in, but have lost 1.5 in 2 days after being in a stall!

My nutritionist said max about 700 calories, but make sure you get the 50-60g of Protein in.

It's so weird not having counting calories be a major part of my life! I rather focus on what I can have over what I can't any day! Thanks for feedback!

I was told that calories intake should be no more then 700 as well. My usual daily intake 500-600 and I always short on Protein only 45-50g

Make sure that you are getting in at least 60 grams of Protein. It is very important for body function.

I never counted the calories. I aimed as high daily for protien avoiding carbs for about 2-3 months, somewhere(ish/sort of) in there I egan to get back into veggies some more - but always limited carbs/no transfat/no refined sugar and always focused on protien. The last few months has found more of the same, with more veggies and fruit and nuts, etc.

I have been with myfitnesspal on and off, so that is counting calories, I guess. It helps me focus, but I do not always like what I see. I have noticed a trend that as work is getting more hectic, my protien is way down.

Consider a myfitness pal.com

I'm looking for more friends on myfitnesspal. I'm willing to accept any sleevers as friends. I use the same user name there as here if anyone would like to add me.

My doctor told me not to worry about calories...only Protein...at least until I'm in maintenance, so I don't use it for calories. But I do like that my fitness pal keeps track of Protein as well as Water intake, so I keep using it. I've used it now for about six months. I like that it also connects with my Fitbit.

I hope to see some of you on myfitnesspal! kdedeo

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

My NUT has me building on each day:

1st day after surgery: 100 cals/10 grams Protein

2nd day: 200 cals/20 grams

3rd day: 300/30

4th day: 400/40

& so on, until reaching 800 calories & 75-90 grams of Protein. That will remain until maintenance when I'll move to about 1100-1200 calories & 75-90 grams of protein.

My limit while I was losing was no more than 800 per day. Now that I am on maintenance it is 1200 per day which is very hard for me. I can barely still get in 900 or so. I will have an rtd Protein Drink to add to my calories each day, and will probaly up that to 2 per day just to make sure I get closer to my calorie intake so I won't keep losing.

I shoot for 800 calories and as much Protein as I can get

My MFP is set at an 800 kcal/day goal. Darned if I get to 500 though.

My NUT has me building on each day:

1st day after surgery: 100 cals/10 grams Protein

2nd day: 200 cals/20 grams

3rd day: 300/30

4th day: 400/40

& so on, until reaching 800 calories & 75-90 grams of Protein. That will remain until maintenance when I'll move to about 1100-1200 calories & 75-90 grams of protein.

Did your NUT tell you how long it would take to hit that goal of 800 cal/75-90 g protein? I am almost a month out and can't make it to those numbers. Even with a Protein shake made with skim milk and PB2 (which ends up being a total of 36 g) I only hit approx. 67-69 g of protein.

But I'm finding that if I want to get min. of 55 oz of Water than I can't get the protein number anywhere near that. I wasn't too worried because I figure my insides are still swollen since I still have scabs and bruises. See my doc next Tuesday if Frankenstorm allows it.

Did your NUT tell you how long it would take to hit that goal of 800 cal/75-90 g Protein? I am almost a month out and can't make it to those numbers. Even with a Protein shake made with skim milk and PB2 (which ends up being a total of 36 g) I only hit approx. 67-69 g of protein.

But I'm finding that if I want to get min. of 55 oz of Water than I can't get the protein number anywhere near that. I wasn't too worried because I figure my insides are still swollen since I still have scabs and bruises. See my doc next Tuesday if Frankenstorm allows it.

Some of those numbers are so much higher than mine. I am to get 60 G protein, keep fats and sugars low and not worry about the rest. I end up making it to 60 with a glass of oveltine many nights. I also add half a scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to yogurt, Soup, etc, to get there as I don't enjoy the Protein drinks. My goal is basically 60 now and goes down to 50 g at maintenance. I shoot for around 600 cals, but don't worry if I'm just a bit more.