Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HOW do you manage to get 125-130gms of Protein in daily??? I am nowhere near surgery, but was trying to visualize 80gms yesterday and its a pretty stunning amount for a teeny tummy.

I just do it. I'm very active so every couple of hours I make sure I get something with lots of Protein in. The bulk of my diet is protein. Plus, I'm stubborn. I refuse to participate in the hair loss game.

My Protein and supplements have been very high since surgery (80 grams of protein on average) took Botin from day one, and still I experienced Hair loss starting at 4 months out. However, I certainly didn't go bald and my hair is growing back quickly. Don't freak out about it, it's temporary and will grow back.

Hi

My hair loss started exactly 4 months out and I am still losing more than normal,but less than before.

Nothing has made a difference.

I am blond,with fine hair.But no blad spots and no one can notice it but me.There is already some regrowth as I now have a lot of body in my hair that I havent had,ever!

It feels terrible when you see it.(I gathered all the hair every night from the bath or shower..eeeew) but it isnt always as much as we think,well,I still have a tinish ponytail and you dont see my scalp.

Just hang in there.It will pass.

I am at 14 Weeks and just now starting to experience hair loss! Is there something I can take? Any info would be appreciated.

Yes me too! I am 14 weeks out and have been loosing hair like crazy. In chunks actually! Just bought Nioxin however makes my hair so dry and hard to detangle. I have curly hair. It's so frustrating. My scalp shows and I have thin spots. I just bought Xfusion to cover it up. Hope it grows back :(

I just do it. I'm very active so every couple of hours I make sure I get something with lots of Protein in. The bulk of my diet is Protein. Plus' date=' I'm stubborn. I refuse to participate in the hair loss game.[/quote']

Please tell me what your average day of eating looks like to get that in? How many calories are you consuming?

Please tell me what your average day of eating looks like to get that in? How many calories are you consuming?

Just saw this. I eat about 850 calories per day; sometimes 900. I wish I could work my way up to 200g of protein/day but that would require me to pretty much do a full on PSMF-style diet and I'm trying to keep my fat up to avoid gallstones.

Let's see....today (Monday) I had a total of about 6 oz. of chicken breast (skinless) (about 53 grams protein), a string cheese (8g), 1 serving of chili made with soy meat, onions and peppers (about 13g), a serving of Borden protein-enriched milk (the one with the pink label) (10g), 3oz of sauteed shrimp (no oil, no butter) (21g) and about 2oz. of lean, broiled sirloin steak (about 17g).

That is about 800 calories and 122 grams of Protein

The downside is that I still can't do raw vegetables. I tried and it didn't turn out well for me. I thought by now I would be able to so I have to work hard on my regularity with so much Protein.< /p>

Anyway, I'm at 13 weeks now and only about 12 pounds to my weight goal.

This link explains a lot. I don't want to lose my hair either, but at least it's temporary.

http://www.slhn.org/docs/pdf/bariatric_surgery_and_hair_loss.designed.pdf

pretty, do you exercise at all and how much that's great you can get that much in!!!

pretty, do you exercise at all and how much that's great you can get that much in!!!

I exercise 8-9 hours each week.

This link explains a lot. I don't want to lose my hair either, but at least it's temporary.

http://www.slhn.org/docs/pdf/bariatric_surgery_and_hair_loss.designed.pdf

Really liked the info from Dorothy McFadden. Thanks for posting. Didn't know Iron had something to do with Hair loss too. Interesting!

Google telogen effluvium.

Cliff Notes:

It's temporary

Literature says zinc (up to 200mg/day helps)

Personal experience:

I'm 12 weeks out and great with the hair but I eat about 125-130g Protein each day and am diligent about my Vitamins.

Could you please advise me on how to get that much Protein in, I'm really wanted to reach those bight numbers. What is your daily meal consisting of?

I just do it. I'm very active so every couple of hours I make sure I get something with lots of Protein in. The bulk of my diet is Protein. Plus' date=' I'm stubborn. I refuse to participate in the hair loss game.[/quote']

Ignore my previous questions... I should of read earlier thread. I'm definately losing my brain function... Haha

Hey guys,

My doc has me on Biotin and hair/nails/skin pills .

In addition you may want to take a Iron pill along with Vitamin c for better absorption.

Honestly I have been taking Biotin since day one a still experiencing hair loss.. I think it will happen to everyone..or at least majority of us!!!

Good luck!'

B

The Hair loss is a result of why your body did moments and days after your surgery. Nutrients were taken away from the hair to help heal your wounds. Those hairs effected then are falling out now3-6 months post op. Really best thing to do is the get the Protein in those first 2 days....which is nearly impossible. So next focus on making and encouraging the new hair to be the. Est it can be. Biotin, zinc, Iron all help but are not miracles. I take a hair skin and nails formula and pee most of it out anyway. No brushing or special treatments will help..if the hair is in the resting phase, it will fall out whether you where a scrunchy or use Nioxin. I also add silica through bamboo supplements and a product called Biosil. I said bye-bye to the estimated 1/3 of my hair that I was prepared to lose...but I kept up with HIGH QUALITY protein and the supplements ans am happy to say that the new growth is about 3 inches. I can totally tell these new hairs as my hair pattern has changed..

I went to Paul Mitchell the School and I can tell you, nothing will stop your hair from falling out. The reason most of use lose so much is the increased estrogen in our systems that gets released from stored fat. All you can do is maintain the hair you have until the loss stops. It should grow back :)

1. Biotin will help keep your surviving hair stay strong

2. Do NOT Shampoo everyday, always use conditioner, and use a detangling comb instead of a brush; as a brush causes more tension and results in breakage.

3. Keep up your Protein and Iron.

4. Avoid heated styling tools. Irons, dryers (I dry on the cool setting) and ALWAYS use a thermal protectant!

5. Styling products are harsh, never sleep with heavy hair spray/gel on, it can snap your healthy hair like a twig.

6. Daily scalp massages keep the follicles stimulated, 5 minutes can relax you AND benefit your future and current hair ;)

7. You want to put nutrients directly back into your scalp. I had pink hair for months, bleaching biweekly, and I used Clear hair and scalp therapy from Walmart with much success!

8. If you don't use salon quality products, go cheap. Herbal Essence, TreSeme, Garnier, etc are full of beeswax and animal placenta and put stress on the follicle stunting growth and sometimes stopping it completely, if you're gonna go cheap, go suave! It's basic and does the job :)

9. Tight styles, ponytails, braids, headbands, etc cause breakage and excess shedding.

10. Find a style that masks your loss (shorter styles usually look good)

And don't fret! It should come back with time. In the mean time just own it and if anyone asks chalk it up to hormones :)