Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I Can Just Help One Person, It Will All Be Worth It!

That made me smile. I'm back an forth. I have to participate in my insurance weight program for 12mths before surgery. I'm leaning towards having the surgery. I'm just tired of being overweight. I've been dieting since age 13. I'm ready to live my life without worrying about my weight.

XFB, your story is very inspiring. I'd like to encourage you to hang around & keep telling your story, you will help way more than 1 person.

This new life just has to be shared.

This reminds me of an old saying

"misery shared is misery halved, joy shared is joy doubled"

Let's see how many times we can double the joy.

hi there

you've done amazing in such a short time

you men - you loose at a faster rate than women - lucky ;)but.............i know you worked really hard to get to where you are now - and will continue til goal, and then for the rest of your longer, healthier, happier life :)

how awful about kidney stone, fever, surgery, waiting for a new WLS date

Finally, everything has worked out for you - and you are doing marvelous

keep up the fantasic work

congrats :)

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing that with us. It made me feel good just reading about it. I could visualize you stopping that car and having that moment of surprise and joy. You sound like you are really, really living every moment of your life!

Thank you Thank you Thank you! This post was exactly what I needed to put things back in perspective. Such a great inspiration. I am 8 weeks out and have lost 30 lbs so far as well as dropped 2 pant sizes (probably more like 3). I have been stuck there for a little over a week and have started to get a little frustrated but I know deep down that these "plateaus" happen (I just feel like I should have lost more by now...but there I go again pushing myself). Reading your post reminds me that I did this for me and my husband and my only regret was that I didn't do it sooner. Sure it hasn't been a total cake walk, but all in all it hasn't been that bad either. I can bend over without having to hold my breath now and tieing my shoes is easier than it has been in years and there is actual distance between the steering wheel and my tummy....good NSV's. I have been wearing clothes I haven't worn since 2008..woohoo!! I am slowly learning that food was not the enemy...I was my own enemy. I now feel I have control and am gaining more and more confidence every day. This was good!

Thanks for sharing. I too can't wait for these NSV moments. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for posting this. I'm scheduled for my sleeve next Thursday, October 25. I fully admit that I'm nervous. But you talked about the booth in the restaurant -- the first time I got stuck in one it was humiliating. Looking forward to sliding into the booth in a few months! You definitely helped this one person.

Mike

THANK YOU!!!! I'm teary right now after reading this. I'm waiting for the call from the dr. to go ahead and schedule surgery, and cannot wait. Sometimes I get a little nervous, and think about how people will judge me when they hear I've had the surgery, But you know what, reading this reminds me why I'm doing this, and how much my kids will benefit. I would do anything for them, and you helped put that back in perspective. Thank you.

I love it exfatboy! You're awesome! Thanks for posting. You are definitely helping more than 1 person with this thread

It is the greatest thing ever to be constantly and repeatedly savoring these victories... fitting into booths, walking at a normal pace, not getting winded, bending over, being able to clip your toenails, seeing body parts previously not seen for years, seeing your reflection unexpectedly in a window, the seat belt clicking, not hunting for the Plus/Big and Tall sections in the back of the store, washing your face and feeling bone, cleaning the bathtub, getting down on and up off of the floor... the list is endless.

Thanks for the reminder, and keep telling your story!!

When I get down and nervous about my upcoming surgery nov 6th I will look back to your post for inspiration! Congrats on your accomplishments! Look forward to feeling how you feel!

Great story, thanks for sharing! I didn't notice how much being morbidly obese affected my life because it happened a little bit at a time. Things that should be easy (like picking up something you dropped) just aren't anymore and you find yourself compensating and figuring out how to do things since your body no longer allows you to do.

But once you start shedding the extra weight, it's so amazing to free yourself and it's fun having those lightbulb moments. Wow, I can run, I can tie my shoes, fit in a booth, or do situps. Things that "normal" weight people do everyday without even thinking about it. Congrats on your journey so far and may the rest of it be just as wonderful!

I am saving this thread and every time I start freaking myself out I will re-read it. Nothing ventured nothing gained! Thanks for the inspiration!!!