Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inner Thighs - Ick!

I have always carried alot of excess weight on my inner thighs. Years of thighs rubbing together has left the skin weird. I will probably be stuck with the pocket of fat and a bunch of excess skin there unless I do surgery and/or Lipo, but I have a question about the skin.

The skin is sorta darkened - I assume that is essentially like a callous or toughening due to the rubbing. In addition, there are quite a few blackheads on the skin there - I would say 1-2 blackheads per square inch in the worst area. They aren't like open zits, just black spots in enlarged pores. I just started using a zit scrub in the shower like you use for your face, as over time they do reduce blackheads. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to otherwise improve the skin and make it look more normal I know that the excess skin isn't likely to improve, but wondering if I can reduce the discoloring and blackheads.

I have never seen this discussed, makes me wonder if I am the only one with this issue.

I definately have loose skin, and stretch marks from a lifetime of obesity but I don't have a large panny or any skin irritation anywhere else - this is my ugliest area.

I don't have this problem but would check into a dermatologist! I'm sure you're not the only one with this problem. I have several skin tags that I would like removed. We all have our own skin issues. Good luck!!!

Sleeve Master - I've suffered from the discoloration too. I noticed that when I've dropped significant weight the coloring got better. I unfortunately do not have answers though. I just thought I'd let you know that you are not the only one.

I have the same problem, I've just always ignored it... Now I'm praying it goes away with weight loss... Keep me updated if you find something works!

My girl friends and I joke around and call it rhino rash since it looks like rhino skin! Lol.... I'm still in the process of waiting for a date for surgery but my friend who had gastric surgery swears by palmers tummy butter for pregnant bellies or even straight cocoa butter. She puts it on at night with her pj pants.... But you're not alone even when I was thinner in high school at a size six, I always had rubbing thighs with that issue. Good luck!

Ha I just posted this question before I read this! You are definitely not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

For the theigh area try a homemade mask. Make a paste with baking soda and any face wash and let it sit for awhile on the skin then wash off repeat twice a day really clears up pores. Also try mixing lotion, coffee grounds (can ised already used ones) and olive oil together to make a rub for your stretched out skin. Works wonders!

You are definitely not alone. I have it too. The smallest I've been as an adult was a size 8 and even then my thighs rubbed. I have big butt and legs. They're going to rub together when I walk. And I have the discoloration and blackheads too.

I have the same problem, I've tried retin-a but I'm not religious with it :( but please do try those home remedies and let us know how it works .... Definitely a dermatologist would be able to help but I know for a fact I'd be too emabrresed to ask that now.... But I've been thinking about this for a whole now

I have the same exact problem! I'm african american and my inner thighs look horrid! I constantly have black heads there and when I extract them I'm always left with extremely dark spots.. My inner thighs are littered with these marks and I'm so selfconcious about it.. The only thing that will work for us is to have a thigh lift so that our legs don't rub together anymore... the friction/moisture irritates the skin. And as far as the dark areas.. I use bleach cream.. Yes, I know it's controversial to do so.. but I'm at my wits end. Hopefully when I go for PS the surgeon can remove as much of the scared area as possible. So for now.. I just inspect my thighs often.. remove the black heads and use fade cream... I doubt the problem will go away..not until our thighs no longer touch.

I do not remove blackheads as that can leave scars and soreness. They don't seem to get infected or anthing, just dark dots I had thought that the facial cleanser would help with that, but I think that only works if you use it 2x a day and I am only doing it when I shower, so not sure i am making much progress. I am thinking the same thing with the home remedies, but I will give it a whirl.

So, I will post back results in a few months - and any of you that find a solution to this - please do the same and lets see if anything actually works!

Here is what is weird, I don't have this anwhere else so I guess I don't have that bad of rubbing other places.

I do not remove blackheads as that can leave scars and soreness. They don't seem to get infected or anthing, just dark dots I had thought that the facial cleanser would help with that, but I think that only works if you use it 2x a day and I am only doing it when I shower, so not sure i am making much progress. I am thinking the same thing with the home remedies, but I will give it a whirl.

So, I will post back results in a few months - and any of you that find a solution to this - please do the same and lets see if anything actually works!

Here is what is weird, I don't have this anwhere else so I guess I don't have that bad of rubbing other places.

I remove mine because If I don't they become bigger. And when I've pulled them out they've left little pits behind when they get that big. I don't want craters in my skin so that's why I remove them. I can always fade the dark spots with bleach cream but I can't fill in the hole that's its left.

The darkening, which also occurs around the neck and under the arms is called Acanthosis Nigricans and it is a prime symptom of PCOS. I have dealing with this for years. The blackheads also cone with the territory. Not sure the best treatment but I use a scrub.

I have this problem even after I'm a year and a half post surgery and lost 110 lbs. it's not as bad as it used to be but still aggravating. I am just reading up on this and gonna try something as well as maybe going to a dermatologist soon. I am still having issues with ingrown hairs and I am working on those as well. Let me know how these work if anyone has tried it. Keep up the good work y'all!