Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Lbs Needed To Lose To Drop A Pants Size?

Wednesday will be one month post op. Haven't dropped a pants size yet. I've lost 35 lbs since pre op diet.

I created a thread about just this a few weeks ago. I've lost 75lbs and I'm 4 months since surgery and I've lost about ONE pants size. I went from a loose 26 to a comfortable 24. I can still wear most of my pre-surgery pants, I just have to throw on a belt. When you hear of a 75 lb loss, you would assume that you would drop many many sizes, but that's not always the case. A bunch of people on this site told me some helpful things. 1. You may be losing more from one area of the body than another (ex: more from thighs/arms than mid-section), 2. Larger clothing sizes are further apart meaning you have to lose more weight to go from 24 to a 22 than you would need to lose to go from a 4 to a 2, 3. If you're taller, there's more body surface to lose from so it won't be as drastic immediately as if you were shorter.

These are just a few things to remember. I COMPLETELY get why you're a little bummed. I have to remind myself of all these tips daily when I'm still putting on my huge pants.

Hello,

I'm 5 weeks post-op and I've lost 30 pounds and I went from a 16 to just being more comfortable in a wide 15. -_- but eh, were getting there. aren't we!? :)

It depends on the size of pants. You have a larger range of weight variability in a size 26 than you have in a size 16, so you'll have to lose more weight to get into a 24 than you will into a 14. It took a loss of nearly 75 pounds for me to drop from a 26 to a 22. Once I got into 20's I only had to lose about 12-15 pounds to get into 18's comfortably. Don't despair!!! Keep working hard, and the results will come!!

It was 50 lbs to go from a 24 to a 22 and 75 lbs before anyone noticed I had lost weight. Im now down 122 lbs pre and post op and am in a size 16. It now only takes about 15 lbs to go down a size.

I've lost 21 lbs and still wearing the same pants, but they are looser in the waist by a bit and a lot looser in the butt, which makes me VERY happy. I also have less stomach protruding above my waistband and below my bra. I'm really short, so that probably has some impact on how many lbs it takes for me to go down a pants size.

I've lost 62lbs and down 2 pants size. Went from 24 to 20.

I've lost 62lbs and down 2 pants size. Went from 24 to 22.

I meant 24 to 20

I've lost 62lbs and down 2 pants size. Went from 24 to 20

I've lost 62lbs and down 2 pants size. Went from 24 to 22.

I meant 24 to 20

[

I've read this in the forum before.

It is said that if you start off at a bigger size, it take more to lose a pants size, which is true.

I lost 40lbs to drop a couple of sizes, but thereafter, about every 10 lbs i lose a pants size.. estimated.. lazy to do the maths..

But yea, i was wondering if it could be the body catching up (losing inches) thingy too...

Anyway.. don't worry too much about the pants size.. if you're losing the weight, looking better and healthier... then just keep doing what you;ve been doin.. you wil get there!

yay!

Besides the pounds you have to look at inches I'm the very opposite from what I'm reading here. I've lost only 40lbs post surgery was in a tight 22 now I'm comfortable in a 16. I've lost a lot of inches around my waist but not that many lbs I was sleeved 8/13 so I'm two months out