Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did this one day with some Sonic tater tots. I bought a small order and drove up to the trash can 10 feet away and through them in. Of course, I crammed 4 in my mouth before I got to the trash can. :)

But here is where we are all different. For me, simple carbs definitely are a trigger food. If you have an addiction, as I did to carbs, then partaking of them in small quantities prevents you from ever getting over the addiction. Giving them up completely (or "depriving myself"...as people here are so fond of saying) was the only thing that really decreased the craving. Having a few in moderation actually raised the craving.

It's a proven fact that if you want to increase an animal's (or person's) desire for a particular substance, you give it to them intermittently and sparingly. Ask any dog trainer and they will tell you not to give the dog a treat every single time they perform. This keeps them wanting the treat more.

Interesting point and something to seriously think about.

My doctor and NUT said no. Something about it creates too much air in the new sleeve. I wasn't going to chance it' date=' just in case.[/quote']

What does the air do to our new stomachs

GOD is Able!!!

I feel your pain. Been fighting head hunger a lot lately...just trying hard to stay focused.

I am right there with u. I started back today eating right and on my shakes. I lost focused.

GOD is Able!!!

Pop some popcorn in a tiny bit of olive oil. It will take care of the crunchy munchy cravings. Do not eat microwave popcorn.

Try zucchini or broccoli dipped in a healthy dressing.

High Protein, lower carb crackers or carrots dipped in hummus.

Some things I can do in moderation, some thing are verboten. I got some healthier cheese puffs from Trader Joes and almost ate half the bag in one sitting. I went and threw the rest out to the chickens.

today right at this moment i am having a moment. the old me wants a big bag of cheetos and just sit watch tv and eat them. i know i had the surgery and i must keep that in mind and the reason i had it was to lose weight and eat in moderation' date=' but i know they are a slidder food and will go down so easy instead of eating a few i will eat the whole back. JUST A MOMENT im having gosh lol[/quote']

couldnt you just buy a bag of those packing peanuts made of soy, paint orange and salt while wet....then indulge :P

couldnt you just buy a bag of those packing peanuts made of soy' date=' paint orange and salt while wet....then indulge :P[/quote']

Lol.. Very inventive. Someone has obviously put a lot of thought into cheeto substitutes. When is the cook book coming out. Lmao.

Lol.. Very inventive. Someone has obviously put a lot of thought into cheeto substitutes. When is the cook book coming out. Lmao.

LOL Which will only sell to serious food addicts! You should see little round beach glass pieces painted in primary colors with little M's stamped on them....Eating one will break you (or your teeth) of the habit for life LOL

ugh. I relate! I am only 2.5 weeks post op and I had to go to another town about 45 minutes away. Whenever I have to go somewhere like that in the a.m. I would stop and get a Breakfast sandwich and a big ol DR PEPPER for the road. I was literally pi$$ed off this morning because I could not have a breakfast sandwich and a dp. It is strictly habit! I have not had one of these sandwiches in probly 3 months but boy did I want one today. 2 ozs of cottage cheese and Water. boo hoo. But, me and my sleevie we will persevere!!!!!

couldnt you just buy a bag of those packing peanuts made of soy' date=' paint orange and salt while wet....then indulge :P[/quote']

Oooh gross (but hilarious) :)

I worked with a doctor (American I might add) who insisted on showing us that they were perfectly safe to eat

Had a few of those moments as well over the past couple of months. I made a decision not to deprive myself as it would only increase the craving. Hit the corner store, purchased a small bag and had 4 or 5 cheetos which satisfied the need. I threw the remaining ones away and moved on.

While there will be some that will say this was a bad idea, I still see it as a victory. Once upon a time I would have eaten a grab bag size or larger without a second thought so to have 4/5 and be good was an accomplishment for me.

I agree! This is a huge victory! Way to go! Nice job taking good care of yourself, isajck!

Had a few of those moments as well over the past couple of months. I made a decision not to deprive myself as it would only increase the craving. Hit the corner store, purchased a small bag and had 4 or 5 cheetos which satisfied the need. I threw the remaining ones away and moved on.

While there will be some that will say this was a bad idea, I still see it as a victory. Once upon a time I would have eaten a grab bag size or larger without a second thought so to have 4/5 and be good was an accomplishment for me.

I agree! This is a huge victory! Way to go! Nice job taking good care of yourself, isajck!

I have not taken anything for Hair loss. It got a little crazy 2 weeks ago when I stopped taking B12 because I ran out for a week. Once, I started taking the B12 again, the hair loss went into remission again. I could be wrong because my hair is pretty short to start out with. If I am shedding more than my dog, I know I have a problem.

Oops responded to the wrong thread.

Oooh gross (but hilarious) :)

I worked with a doctor (American I might add) who insisted on showing us that they were perfectly safe to eat

Americans will eat anything. It's a known fact :P.

Americans will eat anything. It's a known fact :P.

Over here we like to use the line "Only in America!" lol I think it diverts our attention away from ourselves ;)