Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tomorrow- So Nervous I Almost Wanna Cancel :(

So I'm scheduled for surgery at 7:30am and I'm having second thoughts...I keep thinking what if something goes wrong...I have 3 kids that need me. Am I crazy to consider backing out when I've come so far?

I am also scheduled for 730 am.... I imagine the fear is common.... Your kids will appreciate you being around to see them grow up.

Both of you ladies I know that you are anxious and nervous I was also all the way until the surgery table you will be find, I am 10weeks out don't worry:)

In the morning you both will be calm and you both will do fine.

Your journey is about to start and it will be surreal for a bit.

All i can say is this... I am 2 weeks out. I had a hysterectomy and the sleeve at the same time. Surgery on a Friday, released by noon on Sunday, walking around the grocery store on Monday, the texas state fair 8 days after surgery. Zero pain. I mean literally, ZERO PAIN. Just a little discomfort from the drain till they took it out Sunday. The only feeling with the incisions is the steri strips are at the point of causing some itching. I just need to make sure I don't lift for 6 weeks but I am not sure if that is because of the hysterectomy or the sleeve. I had/have no pain eating or drinking. My husband was scared to death and he is amazed at my recovery and so relieved. I can't say what will happen in your situation, but I can say mine has been amazing. I wish you the very best!!

OH, and if you are taking any meds, make sure you know all the info, dosage, last time you took it... The pre op room was stressful. One million questions!!!!!!

I will be sending my brightest lights to you 2 ladies tomorrow!! :)

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW)

Hi Ladies... I so totally understand the "ready to cancel" panic ! I'm just under a month out and I can tell you that I very well might have bolted off the gurney, glamorous backless gown flying in the wind, had they not given me that first "happy" shot. The "what if's" nearly drove me insane, but now I'm so glad that I didn't run screaming "don't touch me" !!! Was it easy ? No. Was it scary as hell ? Yes. Has it been a hard adjustment ? Yeah. Could I have lost almost a pound a day without this surgery ? No No No. Hang in there. All of the statistics are on your side. Have faith in your surgeon and go in thinking positive, healing, healthy thoughts ! It really does make a difference in your recovery.

You will do great! I am 11 days out and can honestly say I was right there feeling the same thing, but I trusted in the surgeon and hospital staff and I am here to tell you - I feel amazing. Down 12 pounds in 11 days! Feel great - little pain while at the hospital, but virtually nothing now. The drain was a bit annoying but nothing I couldn't deal with. My drain came out 8 days after surgery. I get out and walk everyday, go grocery shopping, etc.

It will be the best decision you have ever made for yourself!

Good luck and let us all know how it goes (after surgery, of course)

You must follow your gut (no pun intended), IMO. Most people are fine, a few aren't. That's all surgeries. Praying might help, although I didn't get a clear answer when I prayed about whether or not I should stick with the surgery (not for health, but financial doubts.)

I am a great believer in intuition; so I would never discount that.

But fear is an entirely different animal; it can't be trusted because sometimes it will STOP you from doing the right thing rather than protect you from the wrong thing.

For my part, I had no complications, only one day of intense discomfort. I feel fine now and am grateful I had an opportunity and means to have this surgery. It helps with the eating SO MUCH.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope both your outcomes are wonderful!

I'm tomorrow, too!! And also three, small children. I'm doing this FOR them and I'm sure you are, too. Could there be comications tomorrow? Yep, but I know for a fact that I will take years away from them having a mother if I DON'T go through with it.

It's completely normal to be nervous. I had a couple rough days in the hospital with gas pains and nausea but because of all my reading and research prior to surgery I knew it was a possibilty so I knew it would pass fairly quickly. I can say at seven weeks out I am so glad I went through with it. I'm feeling healthier, more energetic and looking forward to getting off all my medications. YOU are the only person who can decide if it's the right choice for you. For me....I would do it all over again! Prayers to you and everyone else being sleeved tomorrow.

I remember the night before my surgery. I wanted to do the same thing. I wanted to cancel the surgery but I knew that I had to go through with it. I was thinking the same thing. I have a daughter that needs me and what if..what if ...what if?? I'm so happy thatI didn't cancel. It was a little painful right after surgery because I had a hernia repaired but it wasn't bad and after the first few minutes that went away and I was up walking 5 hours after surgery and I came home the next day. The recovery is a little hard but everything gets easier every day that passes by and you are losing weight everyday!! You will be fine and so happy in a few months you won't believe how you look and feel! :)

So I'm scheduled for surgery at 7:30am and I'm having second thoughts...I keep thinking what if something goes wrong...I have 3 kids that need me. Am I crazy to consider backing out when I've come so far?

So is mine!! We can do it!!

Y'all are gonna do fine. :)

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.