Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hii Everybody! Help Lol!

Hii everyone! nice to see all of those stories of success with the sleeve surgery! i myself got my Sleeve done back on May 8th 2012! i was 295 surgery morning and now i am 225! I have lost quite a bit of muscle and i am slowely trying to build it back by exercising and getting plenty of protein! However i have been loosing quite a bit of hair and its going really thin! its scareing the hell out of me because i am only 19! So really i would appriciate any advice on what to do =D

unfortunately i do not go to Support Groups. My family yells at me and wants me to go but ive been extremely busy!

I lost a lot of hair from 3-7 months...I was taking Biotin and getting my Protein religiously.. Didn't help me... Just keep taking care of your hair, taking vits, getting Protein and water... I would definitely start exercising.. I do aqua aerobics... As far as support group, I went once.. but I was fortunate to have others around me who were sleeved that I could lean on... Many ladies I met on this site have become close friends and we talk often...

Perhaps making support group an appointment that you keep will help...

Hair loss can come just from the trauma of the surgery (which was major) as well as too little calories or not enough Vitamins. Cut your hair if you have to and rest assured it will all grow back once your body has gotten through the adjustment.

Thank you 2 sooo much for the advice, and i will defenately get my butt to a support group and see what its like, and as far as the Biotin goes i was never even told about that xD so thank you both very much! =D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches