Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

type in the search blank above any oklahoma sleevers and you'll find a couple page thread on this....

I was sleeved yesterday morning by Dr. Broussard in OKC @ Weightwise. I cannot sing his praises enough. Comprehensive program. You are in it with them for the long haul. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else to do it. Love love love them. Good luck with your journey! Any ????-please feel free to ask!

I was sleeved yesterday morning by Dr. Broussard in OKC @ Weightwise. I cannot sing his praises enough. Comprehensive program. You are in it with them for the long haul. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else to do it. Love love love them. Good luck with your journey! Any ????-please feel free to ask!

That's my doctor! I'm getting sleeved on Nov 20th.

I've heard great things about him. Were you on a pre-op diet? I'm talking to Stephanie today about diet but need to get some parameters from her before 11.20.

I'm so nervous - are you doing well? Pain? Still at the hospital?

OMG I want to know everything ;)

Congrats! It will be here before you know it. I'm still in disbelief that its done! Dr. B & all his staff/hospital have been great. I like Steph a lot too. Your nutritionist & patient advocate are always there to answer questions etc.

My nut was Chris. She was helpful too. I had a 3 mo waiting period for my insurance & had to drop 30 lbs prior. I kept half-arse doing it & wasn't losing the weight like I needed to, so 4 wks out they put me on shakes/bars only. 2 wks out I was shakes only. It was rough but worth it!

Yesterday was my surgery & definitely the hardest time. Lots of pain from the gas they pump in u so they can see to do everything. Incisions/tummy didn't hurt that bad. More like being sore from a car wreck or putting in hard work at the gym. The hospital was great about staying on top of my pain.

This morning I was a whole new girl! Soreness in tummy but nothing major. Still some gas pain. Can finally keep liquids down. So they sent me home! The nurse told me he did 10 sleeves yesterday & only 2 people (including me) had difficulty getting in liquids etc. so everyone is different. Just know it's temporary & completely treatable!

Some background on me: 27 Female, highest weight was in march @ 329. Surgery day weight 282.

Good luck! Lemme know if you have any other questions!

I have 30 pounds to loose too before my surgery,. So far I have lost. 14 but need to loose the rest before I get an appointment with my surgeon. What kind of bars did you eat and what kind of shakes did you drink ?

I tried to find some at Walmart etc but they didn't taste great or they had sugar in it blah blah. So eventually I gave up & got the ones @ my surgeon's office. I'm glad I did. I can only think of One Bar that I wasn't crazy about. It was tolerable but not my fav. That was the chocolate almond one. And I'm not a chocolate lover so I should've known! Anyways, they have all kinds of flavored from bars to Jerky to chips and plenty of drinks, shakes, hot cocoa, Soups. Lots of options. I went to Dr. Broussard in Edmond @ Weightwise. Even if you aren't a patient there, you can get the shakes/bars from their office or even online (they'll ship) if you aren't in the area. On Thursdays, they give a discount too (we have group mtgs on Thurs). The prices are comparable to the supplements at walmart etc. you also get a better deal if you purchase in bulk.

As for how much how often....I lost about 12 lbs almost easily right off the bat. Then it started slowing down and I was running out of time before surgery & my insurance wait period was over so I needed to get it off fast. So they put me on an aggressive diet of 3 shakes, 2 bars daily. First shake within hour of waking, then alternating every 3-4 hours. Plus drinking 64 oz of Water & exercising at least 30 mins 5xs a day. I got the weight off fast then. And it really wasn't as hard as it seems. I was never hungry & only had a few mental hunger attacks! :P

Now prior to that, I was on basically zero carbs, high Protein, veggies 2x a day and then 2 shakes or bars. So shake for breakfast, bar for snack, lunch, bar, dinner, shake. I was my biggest problem because I couldn't consistently pick the right foods to eat. So taking out the options was a major help for me. It helped a lot that I was seeing my Nut, exercise person & the surgeon every month to follow me. And when we got closer, I was seeing them every 2 weeks.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, let me know! Who is your surgeon?

Thanks' date=' I need to loose 16 more pounds to see the surgeon[/quote']

Good luck! You can do it. It's hard work...but totally worth it all once you get to your surgery date!

Does your surgeon have a nutritionist you can get a customized diet plan from?

My nutritionist initially put me on 2 shakes, 2 bars and 1 meal. I had to eat within an hour of waking up and eat every 3-4 hrs after. I could have my meal at lunch or dinner.

Yes my NUT has me on 1271 calories. I m using the shakes my nephew used after his gastric bypass. She has said nothing about the shakes. I just know that I want to try to have my surgery ASAP.

Texan thanks for the advice. Dr. B is doing my sleeve on nov. 27.