Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes Help Please

I am post -op by one week. Before surgery I went and found a Protein Shake and powder I liked. I chose pure Protein so I could try to get the most protein. I can't drink them now. Every time I try they make me sick at my stomach. Even making a smoothie with powder I get nausea.

Try mixing it with sf pudding

Before surgery I found a Protein shake and powder I liked. they make me sick at my stomach.

Carol

many people's taste buds change post surgery. The shake you bought earlier tasted good to you, but now...........

try another brand - some places sell on the web with a variety of flavors. find something thats appealing to you with a good flavor you like ie. chocolate/vanilla/peanut butter

it might take a couple of tries till you hit pay dirt, but keep on tryin - you'll find it

good luck

Carol,

As mentioned above a lot of things that I liked before surgery doesn't now. Remember that your sleeve is very angry right now so anything that goes down would probably make you sick. I took my nausea pills for the first two weeks and couldn't handle Protein Shakes until week 2. The Pure Protein is a good brand because it is also low in carbs as is the Atkins brand. Now, if you want a variety of flavor I buy BSN Lean Protein Dessert shake powder from Amazon. Sometimes I add a 1/4 C of vanilla greek yogurt or 1/4 C heavy whipping cream. I currently have banana Nut, chocolate Coconut, Cinnomon Bun, and Chocolate Fudge. If you have a Wal-Mart close to you they have Protein Shots. I buy the ones that have 42grams and drink half in the morning and half in the evening. I bought a post-op cookbook that has protein shakes and where I had my surgery gave us a little cookbook. If you want I can provide you with some of the recipes. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_0_8?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=bsn+lean+dessert&sprefix=bsn+lean%2Cgrocery%2C230

Thanks I would appreciate the recipes. I have tried the shot stuff also. Protein, tea, childrens liquid meds. and red Jello make me sick at stomach. They tried red jello at hospital couldnt go it either.

First things first, I see that you are 1 week post op. how are you doing on your Fluid intake(water)? There is a very good possibility that your stomach still has too much swelling to tolerate the heaviness of a Protein drink.

Also, do not waste your money on Protein Shots. They are completely useless. The Protein they contain is not useable by the human body.

right now i tolorate necter its a clear protien like Isopure but taste way better. the trick is to mix it with 12 - 16 oz Water because its so sweet to me and it to made me sick but with a lot of water i am able to get my protien in now. the site is www.baratricpantry.com or google it. hope that helps

OTR sleever. The shots I purchase is made with whey Protein which is absorbed by the body. My protein level when I had my blood work was right on. The nutritionist in with my surgeon thought they were good to use.

I started having trouble with my chosen brand, Isopure low carb chocolate, about week four. I found another brand online that I like a lot. MGN (muscle gauge nutrition) Pure Isolate. 25 grams of Protein, 1 carb, 110 calories. Lots of flavors. Good luck finding something suitable. It is a chore, I know.

OTR sleever. The shots I purchase is made with whey Protein which is absorbed by the body. My Protein level when I had my blood work was right on. The nutritionist in with my surgeon thought they were good to use.

Just curious what brand are they? I've never ever seen one made with whey protein at Walmart, but I have seen several that have the word "Whey" in the name, but they don't actually have any whey in the ingredients.

Another consideration....you might be lactose intolerant. It happened to me. You might purchase a single bottle of a lactose free Protein Drink first.. like Muscle Milk. You might try it.

OTR sleever. The shots I purchase is made with whey Protein which is absorbed by the body. My Protein level when I had my blood work was right on. The nutritionist in with my surgeon thought they were good to use.

post-49860-13838396341648_thumb.jpg

Do they look like these? Bad news, they are predominantly collagen/gelatin protein.

post-30418-1381366044299_thumb.jpg

Sure does. Has Protein isolates. Whatever the protein it works for me and I got approval to use it. I stopped getting sick after starting them and the doc was very pleased with my protein levels. That's all I can go by.

Do they look like these? Bad news' date=' they are predominantly collagen/gelatin Protein.[/quote']

OTR I so appreciate your posts they are factual and well thought out. You do a lot if research and gosh darn it your a pretty smart fella. Thanks for being in this forum. ????