Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Loosing Fast Enough? (Got The Sleeve At 154#)

I'm not "coming down" on anyone and I resent you insinuating otherwise. I am merely shocked that any physician worth his or her salt would perform such a drastic weight loss procedure on a person needing to lose only 34 pounds.

I simply asked a question. It's quite possibly a typo.

Wow, I can't think of any reputable Dr that would do surgery on someone just for them to lose #34. But that's just me.

VSsupermodel I'm just wondering where you had your surgery? It's interesting to see such a low BMI and that you only need to lose about 34 lbs. Can to post a pic of yourself so we can see it. :)

Hello everyone! Why are you coming down so harshly on someone who only had a start weight of 154?? You do not know all of her/his stats and medical condition and it is not fair to jump to conclusions. Just because someone is not morbidly obese does not mean they are not entitled to better themselves and better their health. Lighten up and Celebrate the fact that someone is taking the steps to have a better life for themselves, regardless!!!

Hello everyone! Why are you coming down so harshly on someone who only had a start weight of 154?? You do not know all of her/his stats and medical condition and it is not fair to jump to conclusions. Just because someone is not morbidly obese does not mean they are not entitled to better themselves and better their health. Lighten up and celebrate the fact that someone is taking the steps to have a better life for themselves, regardless!!!

I think everyone is surprised because I don't believe someone who weighs 154 pounds needs to have major surgery to have 90% of their stomach permanently removed. Lap Band? Maybe. I am shocked any reputable physician would even consider surgery on someone who wants to lose 30 pounds. Now, maybe she is a "little" person, say 4 feet tall or shorter....ok, I'd get that. If however she is a size 6 and wants to be a size 0, well, that surgeon bordered on unethical. Just my two cents. Maybe there is more to the story and there is a perfectly justifiable reason to do major non-reversible surgery that removes 90% of the stomach on someone who weighs 154lbs....

I have been approved recently and I trust my doctor very much.

For some reason' date=' I am just feeling general anxiety about the whole thing.

I want to get my sleeve done asap but I must wait a couple of months till I gather all the resources because I will self pay. Before this I got the "Gastric Plication" before my Sleeve so the cost is a bit higher because they must undo the Plication first.

I guess for me it is just too good to be true. My friends say every time I am about to accomplish something big I start to doubt myself. I guess it is a bad habit of mine but I just wanted to share and see if you had any suggestions for me.[/quote']

The above is supermodels first post to this forum. It was posted on June 24th.

It took me 30 seconds of checking her profile ro find this.

Supermodel, since you are a plication to sleeve revision I must say that you are in pretty unknown territory. But we have many band to sleeve revisions. I would guess that your results would be similar. Since you were revised at 154lbs I would honestly expect your loss to be considerably slower since you were already a lower BMI.

You will get there. Keep positive, this is not a surprising scenario at all.

Hi thank you for all your comments I want to thank all of you for answering so quickly! I did not expect it. The picture is NOT me! I just couldn´t find a real one so I chose the one of who I want to look like in the FUTURE, I will upload a REAL one as soon as I am done writing this. I have a lot to say... first I want to thank all the members who supported me in my decision. It was not an easy decision and it wasn't overnight. I thought about it for years and decided to take a step towards my dreams. I understand many of you may feel surprised towards what I decided to do but a lot of things came into consideration. I would have to tell you more about me, but for now, I want to answer all the questions you might have. Yes I am 5´3 and I had it done at 154# approximately. <3 let me upload a pic

Hello everyone! Why are you coming down so harshly on someone who only had a start weight of 154?? You do not know all of her/his stats and medical condition and it is not fair to jump to conclusions. Just because someone is not morbidly obese does not mean they are not entitled to better themselves and better their health. Lighten up and Celebrate the fact that someone is taking the steps to have a better life for themselves, regardless!!!

Please don't over dramatize this... I simply asked questions about the factors that didn't add up and the inconsistencies in her profile.. in case you haven't noticed, there are scammers on these pages and as a result, you have to be careful who you are talking too... and FYI... unless she has NUMEROUS co-morbidities, a 28 BMI is still questionable finding a surgeon that would recommend, much less do something so dramatic on someone so young as she... and please note that we have gotten updated information since her original post...

VSSupermodel... if you have lost some weight and you just had the surgery in August, I would talk to your nutritionist if you have any questions about how fast you are supposed to lose.. the lower your starting number, the slower most are to lose their weight.. slower is also better simply because of elasticity issues..

Hi everyone again this is me! I just took this pic a few days back. I am sorry if my profile was not up to date but I was a little hesitant bc I was scared of criticism because of my weight. I recently just uploaded a picture of my entire body from the side. Can you let me know if you can see me? I do not have experience for uploading pics in this site. But I will continue to show you my process.

The decision I made was cosmetic. I talked to the medical staff and I explained my weight history to them. They decided to go ahead and help me. The surgery was done in Mexico (as I´m sure many of you would have guessed.) In the USA it would be nearly impossible. I am very happy with my decision and it was not and easy one at all. But I am happy now at the other end and I just hope I will loose all the weight I want to loose. :rolleyes: I want to be 115-125

I am fully supportive of you! My BMi was also borderline since I am about 5''2' and was 171lbs pre-surgery. I am down to 153lbs after about 3 weeks post surgery and looking forward to be at 130lbs ideally. So what if it is cosmetic? After all, it will have a positive effect on our health in general. BEST of luck to us, whether it be for cosmetic of medical reasons! Puerto Vallarta Mexico rocks! Self-paid also and very happy :)

vssupermodel - I'm 5'3" and have a goal of 115 lbs. Some may think that is too low. I have seen many who are a similar height have 140-160 lbs as their goal, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone is different in so many ways.

I am 5'3" as well. My goal weight is 124. I know my surgeon will to the sleeve on anyone who is BMI of 28+. I also think things might be different if it is a revision surgery. I find it a little off putting to question the ethics of a surgeon when we don't know the whole picture - there are many factors that go into this decison.

I think because you have less to lose it is slower. I was glad to read someone who posted that you will lose about 2 lbs per week until you get closer to goal. Right now I have lost 20lbs since my surgery on 9/10. I was 184 on day of surgery and today I am 164!

Good luck - it may be a little slow going but you will get there.

Yes, I agree tropical class and delta girl, We all have our reasons. Right now I am 140 and I also want to be 115-120 and wear a bikini! B)

It was been a journey for me too. I have been even heavier than when I got the sleeve. I have felt a lot of pain by being overweight. It seemed like that was the only "thing" I didn´t have. Everyone told me I had a pretty face (only) and money was never a problem, so for me it was embarrassing when some people said things like "you have such a pretty face- it is such a waste" and comments like that nature. I tried exercise and diet but my craving for food was always there. I didn´t want to wait till my youth was over I searched and searched for the magic pill until I found the sleeve. I may sound superficial to some but I just want to share my real story. I haven´t posted much around the site so there is a lot more I want to share with all of you!

Thanks for supporting me.

If insurance would have covered it for me when my LapBand was removed my doc would have gladly have done it at 160 lbs and I wish I could have!!! So preventing the weight from coming back on may be a reason.