Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell Off The Wagon

Holy crap first vacation after being sleeved 6 months ago. As you can tell from the title of this post, it was a little more challenging that I thought it would be. I gained 4 pounds, ate so much I am worried I stretched my sleeve. New Orleans had so many delicious foods and I had terrible will power. I was shocked, I thought my little tool would win but instead my freaking head did. Now it is going to take me a few weeks to undue what I did in 5 freaking days. Lesson learned, a "little bit" still can not be controled so it is best to just stay away from it.

Don't beat yourself up! I understand that worry that you probably have about still not being able to control what you eat! BUT....the sleeve does help to keep it all in perspective even if you do "fall off the wagon" once in awhile, like when you are on a vacation. I think that is real life. I think that people do tend to indulge a little more on a vacation and gain a few pounds and that's OK. The difference is that the sleeve will prevent you from doing that every day like you did before the surgery!I know I had no control whatsoever before the sleeve, so I LOVE that it will stop me from being 275 pounds ever again!

I noticed after I went away for the weekend and ate more of the things I shouldn't (carbs) and less of what I should (protein) that my capacity to eat increased! I could eat more suddenly this week and it scared me too!

I also had some diet soda last weekend and someone told me that drinking carbonated beverages will stretch your sleeve!!

Do you or anybody know if there is any truth to that?

I am like you and wonder if some of this is "head" related and not stomach related!

Anyway sorry you gained. That sucks.

It will probably come off pretty quickly once you get back to your routine I bet! Good luck!

How shocking! I would never fall off the wagon! I am always in perfect control of my diet and never

(This post has been aborted by the BS police, this guy has been off the wagon many times, please disregard his bologna)

Shock! Ummm honey you're kinda like a normal thin person now. Think back six months.....would you have come back, weighed yourself and then immediately started planning how to get rid of those extra pounds?

Yeah, skinny people never indulge when in N'Orleans on vacation. Wow, you almost sound like a normal person. Who would have thought that might occur with the sleeve?

Hugs chick! We love ya!

Futureskinnyperson, I have also heard soda will stretch your sleeve. That is one thing I have not even attempted since the sleeve. So I guess my head does not win all the arguments:-)

How shocking! I would never fall off the wagon! I am always in perfect control of my diet and never

(This post has been aborted by the BS police, this guy has been off the wagon many times, please disregard his bologna)

thanks for the good laugh:-) I will just get back on the freaking wagon, geez I hate the wagon;-)

If you don't want to keep getting on the wagon - just don't ever get off.

This term was adapted from a motivation poster I saw about starting over -

Gmanbat- you're hilarious :)

Love your posts

If you don't want to keep getting on the wagon - just don't ever get off.

This term was adapted from a motivation poster I saw about starting over -

Occasionally you need to jump off to go pee :P

Occasionally you need to jump off to go pee :P

Especially if you're drinking the required amount of wagon water! :rolleyes: