Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Pancakes

I found another recipe! Cant wait to try it.

INGREDIENTS:

1 scoop vanilla flavoured soy Protein powder

1/4 cup egg whites

1 tbs psyllium husk

1 tbs ground flax seedabout (or Chia seeds)

1/4 cup or a little more of unsweetened almond milk

DIRECTIONS:

Mix all together and grease pan lightly with coconut oil. EVOO is ok too.

Make pancakes as you would regular ones! Flip after about 30 sec on medium to low heat.

For syrup: SF Syrup, SF strawberry jam with a bit of Water and drizzled! You could also use agave nectar, Peanut Butter, or just top with fruit!

Anyone know what you can subsitute Physillium with?

I've done a recipe that is made up of oatmeal, vanilla, egg whites and a bit of low fat yogurt mixed together and made like pancakes, topped with yogurt and fruit.< /p>

I found another recipe! Cant wait to try it.

INGREDIENTS:

1 scoop vanilla flavoured soy Protein powder

1/4 cup egg whites

1 tbs psyllium husk

1 tbs ground flax seedabout (or Chia seeds)

1/4 cup or a little more of unsweetened almond milk

DIRECTIONS:

Mix all together and grease pan lightly with coconut oil. EVOO is ok too.

Make pancakes as you would regular ones! Flip after about 30 sec on medium to low heat.

For syrup: SF Syrup, SF strawberry jam with a bit of Water and drizzled! You could also use agave nectar, Peanut Butter, or just top with fruit!

How many to a serving? 1, 2? 3?

I've done a recipe that is made up of oatmeal' date=' vanilla, egg whites and a bit of low fat yogurt mixed together and made like pancakes, topped with yogurt and fruit.[/quote']

Do u hv recipe? Sounds good

Sorry thought I added this.

NUTRITION FACTS for the total recipe or 1 serving without topping: 151 cals, 5g fat, 10g carbs, 20g Protein.

If anyone has some more recipes on Protein pancakes would love for you to share.

Here is another recipe

INGREDIENTS:

- 1 tbs psyllium husk

- 1 scoop vanilla Protein powder (met rx is the best!)

- 1 whole egg

- 1/4-1/3 cup Water (or almond, soy, or regular milk – I used water)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Mix all in a bowl

2. Spray pan lightly with PAM. Make sure it’s on medium heat.

3. Flip when no longer runny (wait about 30-40 sec)

That’s it! Full of Protein, Fiber, and overall deliciousness. So far it’s my best version the original Tone it Up protein pancake. Way less carbs!

NUTRITION INFO:

195 calories, 6g fat, 8g carbs, 29g protein

Do u hv recipe? Sounds good

I really don't use a recipe, though I had one at some point in the past. I made these a lot when I was a gym rat mannny years ago.

I'll estimate somewhat with 1/2 C of oatmeal, 2 egg whites, a few drops of vanilla, 1/2 single serving container low fat or fat free yogurt to mix in and save the rest for the topping. Mix the ingredients and pour into no stick frying pan. If the pancake falls apart, use fewer dry ingredients or use more wet ingredients. This makes 2 servings.

I really don't use a recipe' date=' though I had one at some point in the past. I made these a lot when I was a gym rat mannny years ago.

I'll estimate somewhat with 1/2 C of oatmeal, 2 egg whites, a few drops of vanilla, 1/2 single serving container low fat or fat free yogurt to mix in and save the rest for the topping. Mix the ingredients and pour into no stick frying pan. If the pancake falls apart, use fewer dry ingredients or use more wet ingredients. This makes 2 servings.[/quote']

Thank you, sounds good.

Here is another recipe

INGREDIENTS:

- 1 tbs psyllium husk

- 1 scoop vanilla Protein powder (met rx is the best!)

- 1 whole egg

- 1/4-1/3 cup Water (or almond, soy, or regular milk – I used water)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Mix all in a bowl

2. Spray pan lightly with PAM. Make sure it’s on medium heat.

3. Flip when no longer runny (wait about 30-40 sec)

That’s it! Full of Protein, Fiber, and overall deliciousness. So far it’s my best version the original Tone it Up protein pancake. Way less carbs!

NUTRITION INFO:

195 calories, 6g fat, 8g carbs, 29g protein

OK...I read this and had to try it immediately. I used chia seeds and added 1/4 tsp baking powder for a little umph. I also used 1/4 cup 2% milk which will change the nutrition info slightly. YUM!!

Using the chia seeds and letting it rest for about 10 minutes tightened up the batter a little, and I definitely had to cook it a little longer than 30-40 seconds before I could flip it. That being said, AWESOME!!!

I am 18 months post-op and am able to eat more than I could at first although I still have good restriction. But...my sleeve would only tolerate about 1/3 of this at first sitting. What a delicious and filling meal. My daughter really misses pancakes since her sleeve as she gets hypoglycemic after eating some carbs. I think she will like this, and hopefully I will be able to sneak this my by great grandson. He loves waffles for Breakfast when he spends this night with me and I will try the waffle Iron next time too. I will probably get able to get 2 or 3 waffles out of this batter.

Thanks, Ljp

OK...I read this and had to try it immediately. I used chia seeds and added 1/4 tsp baking powder for a little umph. I also used 1/4 cup 2% milk which will change the nutrition info slightly. YUM!!

Using the chia seeds and letting it rest for about 10 minutes tightened up the batter a little' date=' and I definitely had to cook it a little longer than 30-40 seconds before I could flip it. That being said, AWESOME!!!

I am 18 months post-op and am able to eat more than I could at first although I still have good restriction. But...my sleeve would only tolerate about 1/3 of this at first sitting. What a delicious and filling meal. My daughter really misses pancakes since her sleeve as she gets hypoglycemic after eating some carbs. I think she will like this, and hopefully I will be able to sneak this my by great grandson. He loves waffles for Breakfast when he spends this night with me and I will try the waffle Iron next time too. I will probably get able to get 2 or 3 waffles out of this batter.

Thanks, Ljp[/quote']

Awe your welcome. Thanks for the tips. I believe I will make them like you did.

Using the chia seeds and letting it rest for about 10 minutes tightened up the batter a little, and I definitely had to cook it a little longer than 30-40 seconds before I could flip it. That being said, AWESOME!!!

Thanks, Ljp

@Ljp - I tried the waffle idea for my great grandson this morning because he always asks for waffles when he spends the night. It turned out great. He scarfed the first one down before the second one was even ready. And again they were very filling. They are a little more delicate to get out of the waffle Iron, but they tasted so good and they are crispy on both sides. You have to try this. I put real Syrup on his and sugar-free on mine. I can't thank you enough for this recipe. Kathe

@Ljp - I tried the waffle idea for my great grandson this morning because he always asks for waffles when he spends the night. It turned out great. He scarfed the first one down before the second one was even ready. And again they were very filling. They are a little more delicate to get out of the waffle iron' date=' but they tasted so good and they are crispy on both sides. You have to try this. I put real Syrup on his and sugar-free on mine. I can't thank you enough for this recipe. Kathe[/quote']

I knw when i go get groceries Im for sure trying this! Im so tired of same o thing. Im kind of a weird one (well my sleeve is lol) its very picky. I do best w meats & getting tired of same meats. I eat other stuff but usually just a few bites. So im always hunting diff recipes.

The first version of this wasn't good at all to me