Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been very much on the cold side in the last couple weeks, much more so the ever before. Sitting inside our thermostat is at 63 ( not that cold). My fingers and toes feel almost frozen, but the rest of my body is very cool also. I am wearing a sweatshirt and wole socks. This is so strange because I used to be the one always roasting ( figuratively speaking). Drinking very hot apple cider helps for the day, but then I am frozen again later on. Does this happen to others and do you have some suggestions?

...........and i thought i was the only one!!!! Yes, I am always freezing.......like you, more now than ever before. I normally drink hot tea and keep a blanket and socks nearby. At work, i purchased a personal heater. I don't know why the change. However, I am looking for answers, as well.

I might not be getting enough Iron. After fed up with BA multi tabs, I switched to Celebrate capsules. You are supposed to take 3 daily. I have to take these at separate meal times or I dry heave. I am good about taking at Breakfast, but usually forget to take at lunch and dinner. Not always, but most of the time. I also have been feeling light headed and almost fainting. I have been eating a ton of Protein ( about 125 gram daily) and drinking 100 + oz Water a day. My sleep for last couple weeks has been bad because of work deadlines. Usually getting about 3-6 hours a night. Last 2 nights has been 3 hours.

My blood work is fine also and I'm cold. My husband said that I'm burning up the house because I turned the heat up to 76 degrees instead of the normal 74. I used to sleep with only a thin sheet over me and the fan blowing on me. NOW I sleep buried under the comforter and snuggled up against my husband so that he can keep me warm. I used to always be hot and sweaty but not now. I'm so happy not to be sweaty like I used to be.

Glad I am not alone on this issue. I guess paying more for electricity is a cost of this surgery. :)

Happened to me too. I am two months out and freezing all the time when I used to be sweating like a pig. Maybe because I was.

Yup!

Someone started this same thread about a month ago, and later reported, after asking their Dr. that it's a side effect of the surgery. She also said that it wears off over time. I am the same way, and was hot natured before. So we all seem to be having the same reaction. Nothing to worry about though.

Oh yes, I bought lots of sweaters and scarves recentely. I hated wearing jackets and coats before. Now I have grown to like them because I am always freezing. My hubby said I no longer have that layer of fat to keep me warm lots of skin and bones now.

It's a side effect from losing weight regardless how it is done. Fat is an insulator it will help you retain body heat. As you lose weight it's like removing insulation.

Have you ever noticed that you tend to be hungrier & crave "comfort" foods in the fall & winter? This is the bodies natural reaction to falling temperatures, it is trying to thicken the fat layer.

And yes, you will adjust to having less fat on your body.

I usually get cold when my T3 and T4 thyroid levels are off. I used to FREEZE before starting meds. Not too bad after surgery. We live in AZ and keep the air on 75.