Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers Where Are You? Check In Please!

8-28

Start weight: 240

Weight today: 198

What you eating and how much daily: 600-800 cals

Daily work out: 4 days a week I lift and do 1 hr cardio

How hungery are you?: moderately, sometimes I feel really Hungry but 1 bite of something and I'm normally ok

How you feel physically: great, nausea sometimes but my knees don't hurt like hell any more. Last night at a wedding I danced all night in high heals! I haven't been able to wear heals like that in a long time!

How you feel emotionally: mixed, good and bad days. I still feel fat but keep reminding my self I'm only 9 weeks out

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: very, finally feel like I'm being successful

Anything extra to say?: I am still not eating alot. Moist foods work the best. Lots of Greek yogurt and Protein shakes. Some days I just want the satisfaction of just eating a full meal. Like a burger! I'm also sick of the omg you look great and what can you eat? How do you feel? Its fine every once In a while but I swear at work every day I see someone that hasn't seem me I'm a while asking me how much I've lost. I'm over it

Date Sleeved: 8/16

Start Weight: 343

Weight Today: 259

What Do You Eat: eggs, chicken, apples, iced coffee. High Protein low carb. 400-600 cals/day

Work out: Cardio/weights 4 times a week

How hungry are you: moderate to high hunger.

How do you feel physically: Great

How do you feel emotionally: Greater

Glad you chose the sleeve: Yup

Date sleeved: 08/07

Start weight: 347

Weight today:275

What you eating and how much daily: chicken, eggs, cheese, Protein shakes, turkey meatballs, cottage cheese, canned peaches, salad, avocado... Only about 1/4 cup dense Protein, little more of things not so dense

Daily work out: try, but maybe only twice a week, gazelle, elliptical, strength

How hungry are you?: not too hungry, mostly head hunger, maybe true hunger every few hours

How you feel physically: still wear out by early evening.

How you feel emotionally: great!

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: So glad!

Anything extra to say?: I'm happily wearing clothes that are too big for me!

Surgery date-july 31

Surgery weight 330(344 per op diet)

Weight today 264

Breakfast 1bowl rice crispies lunch rice cakes w cheese or tuna snack chobani yogurt nature valley bar dinner chicken breast potatoes, eggs, tons of ices idk why I love ices now

As of now no daily workout gonna start when I hit 250

Hungry when I wake up until breakfast slightly during the day not rlly at night

Physically feel amazing never weak

Emotionally feel amazing

So happy I chose the sleeve

8/6/1

Starting 218

Current 168

Protein shake or bars and a lot of chicken. eggs. Greek yogurt out my ears. Don't count calories only Protein. I get about 60/day.

Was at gym 3-4 days week but not last two weeks.

Not hungry but "hand to mouth" is bad especially during PMS.

Physically great. Sizes go down faster than weight which is weird but so much more stamina.

Emotionally find myself reminiscing about my love affair with carbs but then remember why I broke up with him.

Just want to add that my sex life is now incredible!

8\9\12

start weight 282

current weight 227

I stopped exercising when I went on a trip about a month ago. I need to get back on track ASAP!

I eat anything and everything, Protein first, I don't eat bread, rice, patatoes, Pasta or corn.

I'm slacking on my Water. I need to get that back on track also.

I feel good and I am very glad that I chose the sleeve.

Date sleeved: 8/28/12

Start weight: 375

Weight today: 336

What you eating and how much daily: 700 calories. 60-80g Protein.< /p>

Breakfast: Fage Greek Yogurt

Lunch: Premiere Protein Shake

Dinner: Usually tuna, chicken or shrimp

Snacks: Light cheese, Turkey pepperoni, Hard boiled egg

Daily work out: Exercise is my struggle! I finally started working out with a trainer 2x a week for the last two weeks, but I haven't done much else besides that. Everyday I try to convince myself to get some cardio in, but it rarely happens other than the trainer sessions. Help! Advice?

How hungry are you?: Only when I go way too long between meals.

How you feel physically: Better, but still a long way to go.

How you feel emotionally: I moved to a new city where I know NO one just before my surgery. I'll be flying back home for Christmas and I feel anxious to see family/friends. For the few I've told, I'm nervous about their expectations on how much weight I've lost. For the ones that I haven't told, I'm

nervous about them finding out - I just feel the need to keep it private to avoid judgement.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: Yes! My only regret is not doing it years ago.

Anything extra to say?:

40 pounds in 2.5 months - do you all think this is average or am I behind the mark? I'm worried

that my lack of exercise is really putting me behind.

Start weight: May 253

Date of sleeve: 8/21

Today's weight: 209

Eating low carb (20 or less). Unlimited cal/fat. Protein 60plus.

Don't work out yet. Not cleared. Have auto-immune issues. Had gallbladder out last week' date=' 7 weeks postop.

I get hungry every 3-4 hours. I love it! All i have to do is eat something small & I'm good to go. Pre-sur I was never really hungry & would pig out at nite. This reminds me to eat!

Tired. But not because of the sleeve or lack of pro or Vit. Other health issues.

Emotionally good. I could NEVER have kept this weight off by myself. I'm a slow loser but NUT and I think we've figured out that i'm very carb sensitive.

Yes, very glad.[/quote']

I thought that this thread would be fun to revive!

Today's weight is 198. I'm a slow loser and have been in a stall for 6 weeks, but I'm totally ok w it. It'll drop when it's ready.

Still eating low carb. Between 20-40.

NUT upped my fat & calorie at 4 months. Fat is 60+, Protein 60-100, cal 1275.

I was finally cleared to exercise and I do Water aerobics 3x a week. Love it!

Still eating every 3 hours. My only issue is my laziness comes back often and it's so much easier for me to grab a Protein Bar than eat real food. I'm working on that.

My tiredness is gone. I feel great. AND my auto-immune diseases (5, primary RA TYPE 2) has gone into remission! Docs are shocked!

Even though i've 'only' lost 54 pounds, I'm happy. I feel good, I look good & I enjoy life. I fully expect to get to my goal of 140-150, just at my own pace, not by when a calendar or peer pressure tells me. :-)

Today's weight is 198. I'm a slow loser and have been in a stall for 6 weeks' date=' but I'm totally ok w it. It'll drop when it's ready.

Still eating every 3 hours. My only issue is my laziness comes back often and it's so much easier for me to grab a Protein Bar than eat real food. I'm working on that.

My tiredness is gone. I feel great. AND my auto-immune diseases (5, primary RA TYPE 2) has gone into remission! Docs are shocked!

Even though i've 'only' lost 54 pounds, I'm happy. I feel good, I look good & I enjoy life. I fully expect to get to my goal of 140-150, just at my own pace, not by when a calendar or peer pressure tells me. :-)[/quote']

What a great outlook you have, it is sad that it is so hard to find these days, too many people, including myself sometimes want that instant gratification. When I read this it really reminds me that this a life long process and I'm grateful that I have a tool that is going to help me better my life! Thanks Doxie!

Melissa

Awww,,,, <blush>...... Thanks for the compliments! Instant gratification is wonderful, but I've learned through many yo-yo diets that it might be gratifying, but it's never long lasting.

:-)

Sleeved 8-27-12

surgery weight 219

today's weight 154

calories daily 400-600

I love my sleeve!!

Today's weight is 198. I'm a slow loser and have been in a stall for 6 weeks' date=' but I'm totally ok w it. It'll drop when it's ready.

Even though i've 'only' lost 54 pounds, I'm happy. I feel good, I look good & I enjoy life. I fully expect to get to my goal of 140-150, just at my own pace, not by when a calendar or peer pressure tells me. :-)[/quote']

I'm with you Doxie! I fully believe I'll meet my goal of 145 at my own pace. I'm down 50 lbs since 8/31, super happy about that!

Date sleeved: 8/3

Start weight: 240

Weight today: 145

What you eating and how much daily: fruits n veggies everyday alot if salad with chicken. Water

Daily work out: bike ride N jogging Getting gym membership this week

How hungery are you?: not very hungry at all

How you feel physically: I'm drained from work but most if the time I feel good.

How you feel emotionally: happier than I've ever felt

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: yes!

Anything extra to say?: this was a big big change in my life and still very hard. I slip up sometimes. I lost a friend and a boyfriend But I couldn't be more happy with my decision n progress. Out with the old in with the new! :)

•Highest Weight - 240 •Surgery Weight 8/3 -230 •Weight 8/31 -203 • Weight 9/30 -186 •Current Weight 11/15 -168

Hi all my August Sleevers Family

I totally feel like I am a slow loser but I don't want to complain because I am totally loving the sleeve. I was on pre-op diet 8/13 weight was 316 sleeved on 8/27 weight was 302. Today's weight was 256. So since pre-op I have lost 60 pounds. Slowing losing or not I will take it I would have never been able to lose it on my own with out my sleeve:)