Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers Where Are You? Check In Please!

Date sleeved:

Start weight:

Weight today:

What you eating and how much daily:

Daily work out:

How hungery are you?:

How you feel physically:

How you feel emotionally:

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?:

Anything extra to say?:

Date sleeved: 8/9/12

Start weight:282

Weight today:235

What you eating and how much daily: most days 64 oz of Water. 1egg for Breakfast, snack- peanuts 2oz or a pack of 100 cal beef Jerky it has 18 grams of Protein. Lunch- I piece of tilapia 19 grams of Protein. snack 100 cal greek yogurt vanilla 13 grams of protein. dinner 4-5 oz turkey or chicken or a piece of fish.

Daily work out: not enough but usually 3 days a week. 1 hr on the tread mill at about 3mph then I work on strength training on either arms legs or stomach for about 30 minutes

How hungery are you?: not very, mostly head hunger. When I'm not busy I tend to want to reach for food

How you feel physically: better then I have in a long time.

How you feel emotionally:torn, somedays are really good and others I want to eat like I used to or I want the weight to come off faster. Its crazy.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?:I'm glad I chose the sleeve

Anything extra to say?: I often wonder if I will be one of the people that stop loosing weight after I have dropped 50 pounds and I always worry that I will be one of the people that gains my weight back.

Surgery 8/27

SW: 316

TW: 281

800 calories a day

walk 2 miles a day

Somewhat hungry

Stay active

I emotionally feel good

I am glad I had the sleeve done

Surgery was 8/6

Start weight 218

Today 172.2

Protein or slimfast shake for bkfst, greek yogurt for lnch, popsicle or fudgicle for snack, chicken for dinner or tunafish but some meat with high protein.

I want to pig out but I can't. Head hunger and sad that my coping mechanism is gone but managing.

Very glad I did it.

Feel great.

Gym 3 days a week for elyptical 30 mnts then weights for 30.

Date sleeved: 8/9

Start weight: 256

Weight today: 213

What you eating and how much daily: mostly chicken.. But I do eat some carbs. Maybe around 800 cal a day

Daily work out: none at the moment.. Have had a bad sinus infection that won't leave me alone.

How hungery are you?: not really hungry. Head hunger at times.

How you feel physically: doing alright.. Still weak from being sick

How you feel emotionally: was pretty depressed for a while but it's getting much better.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: yes I think so

Anything extra to say?: don't develop a sinus infection just after surgery, especially when you are on auto immune to me capsules ..

Surgery date: 8/31

Starting: 218 at surgery (225 before pre op diet)

Current: 196

Eating:

I get about 700 cals / day and always focus on Protein. Usually have a Protein Shake & supplements (fiber, probiotic, CoQ 10) for Breakfast. Greek yogurt or cottage cheese for snack. lunch is usually left overs from dinner or Soup. Afternoon snack is beec Jerky ir almonds. Dinner is chicken, fish, shrimp or crab. I haven't tried beef, pork, sweets or bread yet. I have not had any food upset my stomach but something's make me really full too fast.

Hubger: I have not experienced physical hunger since surgery but do get cravings for things.

Excercise: I walk 45 min daily, do free weights for arms 3x week, hike on the weekends and swim here and there. I plan to start jogging as soon as I'm cleared to do so (12 weeks).

Physical: I feel great. Never experienced any pain, nausea, committing or fatigue after surgery.

Emotional: I feel good! Haven't had any sadness or depression, just excitement about the future!

Overall I am very glad I had this done. Te most valuable aspect has been regaining control over my very disordered eating. I felt hopeless before. I can feel that the cycle has been broken, now it's up to me to create good lifelong habits that will keep me healthy.

Extra: I would like to recommend an excellent book to all of you. It called 'The Power of Habit' by Charles Duhigg. It's a fascinating read and has really helped me learn what's at the core of changing our habits. Very interesting book!

Date sleeved: 8/9

Start weight: 256

Weight today: 213

What you eating and how much daily: mostly chicken.. But I do eat some carbs. Maybe around 800 cal a day

Daily work out: none at the moment.. Have had a bad sinus infection that won't leave me alone.

How hungery are you?: not really hungry. Head hunger at times.

How you feel physically: doing alright.. Still weak from being sick

How you feel emotionally: was pretty depressed for a while but it's getting much better.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: yes I think so

Anything extra to say?: don't develop a sinus infection just after surgery' date=' especially when you are on auto immune to me capsules ..

[/quote']

Wow just retread the bottom of my post.. Thanks auto correct.

Was suppose to be "especially if you are on immunosuppressants"

Date sleeved:8/28/12

Start weight: 276.4

Weight today: 247.2

What you eating and how much daily: 400-600 cal

Daily work out: walking, not set program

How hungery are you?: not very. Sometimes in the morning I am hungry, but not too bad

How you feel physically: very exhausted daily!

How you feel emotionally: drained/ depressed! WHY!?!

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: so far I am

Anything extra to say?: battling my emotions and dealing with some stress lately has tested my sleeve and will power! So far, I have conquered!

Feeling like I am not losing bc I can't see it! Agh

Date: 8/23/12

Start: 211

Current: 186

Eat: 600 cals. Breakfast oatmeal or eggs. lunch turkey meatballs or Greek yogurt dinner chicken or fish Snacks string cheese, deli meats

Workout: elliptical at home 3/4 days a week

Very happy I did the surgery. I lost 14 lbs the first 2 weeks and since then I have lost 2 lbs a week (exactly) I keep hoping for a 3 to 4 lb week but it hasn't happened.

Emotionally good. Going to Las Vegas with some girlfriends next weekend and worried about being in a prolonged social environment. The not drinking thing is going to suck.

I was very happy to start a box of clothes that are to big last night.

I was glad to see an August update pop up. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Emotionally good. Going to Las Vegas with some girlfriends next weekend and worried about being in a prolonged social environment. The not drinking thing is going to suck.

I've already had some alcohol.. Just sip and go slow. I had about half a margarita and was fine. Have fun in your trip!!

Date sleeved: Aug 30

Start weight: Aug 25 - 385 Aug 30 - 369

Weight today: 338

What you eating and how much daily: small amounts of whatever.

Daily work out: Some walking, push ups, weights

How hungery are you?:get a little hungry every couple hours.

How you feel physically: I feel the same, no changes.

How you feel emotionally: Doing very bad. Miss food and have bneen really unhappy.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: No. if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have got it.

Anything extra to say?:

Preop diet @373 on aug 7.

Sleeved on aug 28 @341

Currently @305

I have a shake with 30 grams of Protein for Breakfast and then usually a salad with meat or half a Protein Bar for lunch. For dinner just usually 1/2 cup of whatever my wife and kids are having, with meat usually first. snack is usually cheese, Jerky, or a couple of crackers here or there.

I am always hungry and it can get pretty frustrating. I'm trying to achieve my goal in a manner that i believe can be lifelong....so i'm not really avoiding specific foods. If i want something, including a occasional drink....i have one.

I do cardio at least 3 times a week and weight training at least 3 as well. I'm pretty happy about being sleeved...i just wished it curbed my hunger even half as much as i thought it would

08/14/12

Start 279

Today- 247

Food- 500-600 calories per day. chicken, fish, cheese, egg whites, cooked veggies, Protein shakes

Exercise- Gym 3-4 x per week. Walking and exercise ball at home.

Hunger- Not very hungry but I know when I need food.

I feel good physically but get tired early.

I feel great emotionally.

I am so happy I did this!

Date sleeved: 8/31/12

Start weight: 220

Weight today: 188

What you eating and how much daily: I eat about 500 calories and 45-50 grams of Protein.< /span>

Daily work out: no way, I am completely totally exhausted ALL THE TIME.

How hungry are you?: Not at all most of the time.

How you feel physically: So very very tired.

How you feel emotionally: Okay, just want rest.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: Yes, I could never have lost 32 pounds like this without it.

Anything extra to say?: I feel like I am searching for the magic combination of things that will perk me up. I've never been this tired, as the past week. I think once I work this out it will be easier to be happier. I am searching for more energy. I am amazed that people are exercising at this stage. I walked around the block once, I picked up the lawn once. both times I was so tired I had to sit down for awhile.

I was sleeved August 31st.

Started at 194

Now am 166

I am walking now, but now that I am 6 weeks out I need to do more since I have been stuck at 166 for almost 3 weeks.

I do get hungry, but just a small amount of food satisfies me.

I feel great! I am wondering how I function on such a low calorie intake, but I have great energy.

I am so glad I did this. I went out to dinner last night and have leftovers for two days.