Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And what's kind of depressing to me is I have a terrible support system. I told my Mom that they went ahead and put me on the schedule for March' date=' and all I heard was negative comments. My sister said she was going to laugh at my funeral because she "told me so." (she's only 12, but still) the guy I've been dating briefly said "it's your money." I never once heard "That's wonderful!" or "I'm so glad you are taking control over your health!" it really depresses me.[/quote']

Jesser, stay strong. You are doing this for YOUR health and happiness. You've explored the options and researched the info. The comments you received are from ppl who don't have the info you have. Know nothing of Medical Tourism and its benefits and safety. I know its not the same, but your VST friends will help support you. :)

It's a never ending battle with my family. They just don't understand. They just think I'm taking the easy way out and I've tried explaining its actually harder to go through with this. I have to completely change my relationship with food, and I have to exercise. They think I'm just running to Mexico, getting my stomach cut out and magically Im skinny with no effort at all. I'm beginning to get a little irritated with them all...

It's a never ending battle with my family. They just don't understand. They just think I'm taking the easy way out and I've tried explaining its actually harder to go through with this. I have to completely change my relationship with food' date=' and I have to exercise. They think I'm just running to Mexico, getting my stomach cut out and magically Im skinny with no effort at all. I'm beginning to get a little irritated with them all...[/quote']

I'm a very direct person who prefers laying it on the line. Since you're posting this here I will assume feedback is welcome.

Be direct and firm. Let them know this is the decision you've made. They aren't going to change your mind any more than you're going to change theirs. Explain that unless they are offering up support, love, and encouragement then you consider the subject closed. Then you have got to be prepared to close the subject.

Amanda Rae

Right. I guess I just want them to see it from my point of view. I told my Mom that I didn't really care what everyone else thought about it, I'm doing it for ME and to better my health. Her reply was "yeah, I hope it betters your health too, but what are you going to do if you need your stomach years down the road?" I told her I was going to have more problems being overweight than if I go through with this. Then she tells me that I'm being an influence on my 12 year old overweight sister. Ugh. She doesn't want her to think she can get however big and run to Mx for surgery. Which that little comment pissed me off!

Right. I guess I just want them to see it from my point of view. I told my Mom that I didn't really care what everyone else thought about it' date=' I'm doing it for ME and to better my health. Her reply was "yeah, I hope it betters your health too, but what are you going to do if you need your stomach years down the road?" I told her I was going to have more problems being overweight than if I go through with this. Then she tells me that I'm being an influence on my 12 year old overweight sister. Ugh. She doesn't want her to think she can get however big and run to Mx for surgery. Which that little comment pissed me off![/quote']

Ouch. Again direct and to the point. You are an adult making a decision for your adult self. It's up to your mom to parent her minor child.

Exactly, when your little sister sees you getting healthy, positive, confident, and more energetic, what more of postive influence on her to get healthy by doing what you arw doing, not surgery, but Portion Control and exercise! Make NO apologies...period regardless to who it is..yeah you may love them, but this is about loving you!!!!!

That's the way I see it too!! My Mom is just thinking of any and every little thing she can to try and get me to back out of it and I'm not going to!

That's the way I see it too!! My Mom is just thinking of any and every little thing she can to try and get me to back out of it and I'm not going to!

We are adults. We make our decisions. We live with them.

Amanda Rae

Hey i'm sorry for the late reply. I choose Dr Garcia. They have a Wells Fargo account that I deposited a money order into since the branch is 2 minutes away from me.

Hey i'm sorry for the late reply. I choose Dr Garcia. They have a Wells Fargo account that I deposited a money order into since the branch is 2 minutes away from me.

Good for you. Did you pick a day?

Amanda Rae