Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I posted in Post Op, ( How Bad was it? ) before I saw this section. I have a band and considering switching to the sleeve. We all know about the sliming, tightness, hiccups, vomiting etc that comes with the band. What is life like with the sleeve? Any of the same problems as with the band?

no sliming or vomiting... some people to vomit in the first little bit as they are learning how much is too much. I hear from people who have revised to Sleeve that its much easier... still another different way of eating to learn. My heart goes out to you that you are facing this again. Tough stuff. Best Wishes

I was a band to sleeve revision and my personal experience has been 180 from the band.

I basically experienced with the band that I was hungry, but would experience pain from eating too much or eating the "wrong thing". Overtime, that definately encourages you toward slider foods. I did have vomiting problems, but I just learned to avoid foods that triggered it so it wasn't too bad over time. Main thing was once the band slipped, I had to have the Fluid taken out and I regained everything PLUS more weight.

The sleeve has reduced my hunger (although that has been returning) and capacity for food. I no longer have that I am still hungry but have food stuck/pain. It feels pretty normal, just get full on small amounts. I have vomited maybe 2-3 times in 10 months -each time caused by eating too fast so I didn't realize in time that I had enough. this is actually a pretty easy problem to avoid with the sleeve and in my opinion when you read about it on these boards it is probably people eating too fast or having too big of servings.

I still eat with appetizer utinsils and on a small tea plate, not a dinner plate. Portion Control is the KEY to success with the sleeve.

The sleeve has turned out to be what I thought that band would be and never was. I am only 10 months out, so only time will tell, but so far it has been a great decision for me.

My coordinator has scheduled my dtr's revision from band to sleeve with a Dr Juan Arellano. We are having issues trying to find/get info on this surgeon. We would feel much better if we had info that would allow us to make a more informed decision.We would greatly appreciate anything any of you could tell us. This is too serious not to go into the surgery informed. Thank you so much. A concerned/nervous mom & dtr.

So, is it info on the surgeon or info on the procedure?

I have never heard of this doc, but I would try googling him. Go to healthgrades.com and look him up. Do searches for his name in this forum but also at obesity help and the gastricsleeve forum (google them for the link).

Is he one of the Mexican surgeons or is he in the USA? There is a whole forum dedicated to surgery in Mexico - poke around there to see what you can find out. this is just me, but I would surely pick Dr Aceves if I went to Mexico - that guy has done alot of sleeves, alot of revisions and seems to have a great reputation. Not to say there aren't others that are good too!

Good luck!