Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrimp - What Else Can You Fix With It?

God is so Amazing, So Wonderful...

I hung out Sunday with a friend of mine who was getting rid of some things and donating others to good will.

I told her I needed a rug for my apt. and low & behold she had one for me that she was about to thro out. And not only that, she gave me a CROCK POT, YES! Now I can fix all those recipes I've been seeing here that called for a crock pot.

Friends like my friend (and the ones here), are a gifts from heaven above. I kept saying I was gonna buy a crock pot and the Good Lord said hold on wait a minuet....He provided me with one.

KEEP THOSE - CROCK POT - recipes COMIN' :D

like hot food?

coarse chopped celery

coarse chopped onion

coarse chopped green pepper

minced jalapeno

minced garlic clove

saute in a lil olive oil or dare I say it... butter (I like to use a touch of both)

once veggies are almost at the softness you desire toss in the shrimp and cook until shrimp are done.

Serve.

Enjoy

My mind is playing tricks on me. I thought the first line in ur entry was "like hot dogs"? Instead of like hot food! U can see how badly I have been craving a hot dog lol

My mind is playing tricks on me. I thought the first line in ur entry was "like hot dogs"? Instead of like hot food! U can see how badly I have been craving a hot dog lol

I tried a fat free hot dogs but just wasn't the same :(

Yolo

I tried a fat free hot dogs but just wasn't the same :(

Yolo

I'd kill for even a fat free one right now. I'm on full liquids until the 1st of November..only 2 weeks post op!

I'd kill for even a fat free one right now. I'm on full liquids until the 1st of November..only 2 weeks post op!

I was sleeved October 1 so i am onlytwo weeks but i only had to do full liquids a week so i have been on soft food a week now couldn't imagine being on liquids that long :( u cant even have puree?

Yolo

I was sleeved October 1 so i am onlytwo weeks but i only had to do full liquids a week so i have been on soft food a week now couldn't imagine being on liquids that long :( u cant even have puree?

Yolo

No :( my plan is very strict. I tried soft scam belled eggs today...came up faster than they went down! Oh well...I will eat again

If you like spicy - 3.7 carbs per serving and 11 grams protein! (3 poppers)

Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers

Prep Time: | Cook Time: | Servings: Serves 8 (serving size: 3 poppers) | Difficulty:

Ingredients:

12 jalapeño chiles

1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

8 ounces Leyden cheese, shredded

3 green onions, thinly sliced

1 cup cooked bay shrimp

Directions:

1. Preheat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Wearing kitchen gloves, halve chiles lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and ribs with a spoon.

2. Toast cumin seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer to a food processor, add cheeses, and whirl to blend. Put cheese mixture in a bowl and stir in onions and shrimp.

3. Spoon cheese filling into chiles. Lay a sheet of greased foil on cooking grate. Set chiles, filling side up, on greased foil, cover grill, and cook until chiles are tender and cheese is melted and starting to brown, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.

Notes: Leyden is a Dutch cheese that's like gouda with cumin seeds mixed in. If you can't find it, use regular gouda and a few more toasted cumin seeds

Nutritional Info: Calories: 217

Calories from fat: 74%

Protein: 11g

Fat: 18g

Saturated fat: 11g

Carbohydrate: 3.7g

Fiber: 0.7g

Sodium: 415mg

Cholesterol: 84mg

Source: http://www.myrecipes...50400000122700/

Not too fond of the chilies but I would fix this one, thanks for sharing :)

God is so Amazing' date=' So Wonderful...

I hung out Sunday with a friend of mine who was getting rid of some things and donating others to good will.

I told her I needed a rug for my apt. and low & behold she had one for me that she was about to thro out. And not only that, she gave me a CROCK POT, YES! Now I can fix all those recipes I've been seeing here that called for a crock pot.

Friends like my friend (and the ones here), are a gifts from heaven above. I kept saying I was gonna buy a crock pot and the Good Lord said hold on wait a minuet....He provided me with one.

KEEP THOSE - CROCK POT - recipes COMIN' :D [/quote']

He is wonderful! How awesome is that! God always provides! Im constantly searching for crockpot recipes. I will post as I find some.