Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL:How many lbs did you loose...

How many lbs did you loose the 1st week of being banded  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many lbs did you loose the 1st week of being banded

I amazingly lost 17lbs in my first week. Never expected that.

Yes, even though the first week or two are huge Water weight loss and not so much fat, they give you a huge boost in confidence and belief that something is going to work. As long as you're sensible that there will be weeks when you pleateau out or gain as your water levels come back to balance.

I was determined not to weigh until my first fill on 8th November, but curiosity got the better of me at work today, was testing a womans urine in the bathroom and was on the scales before i knew it, 19lbs lost !!!!!, am on day 16. I was so excited, ran out into the office to tell everyone and left the poor woman in early labour wondering what the hell was going on .

Tanya x

I lost 10 lbs my first week. But I didn't have to do a pre-op diet and instead went on a major "restaurant cruise" the 2 weeks before surgery. I gained 10lbs in those 2 weeks. So the first week just got me back to where I was when I decided to do the surgery. I'm only 8 days post-op so I'll start getting excited as I start seeing the scale drop from here.

Ive only been banded for 6 days so.......I will say Im glad I found this site because I was thinking i must have a screwed up metabolism so its really nice to see what other people have experienced. The day I got home I was up 2 pounds but as of today (6 days post op) I am a total of 6.5 down.

:clap2: :clap2: I lost 10 lbs the first 5 days after my surgery, and then it tapered off. Today is my 3 rd week post surgery and I'm already almost completely up on real food. I've lost 15 lbs since my surgery andI'm loving it. I'm getting really active though too. I'm taking Water aerobics classes, I started playing raquetball, and I'm wlaking on my lunch at work 3-4 days a week.

before I left thursday, they told me to not even get on the scale for the first several weeks.

She said, i went from over-eating to a liquid diet to surgery to back to liquids. My body could go into survivial mose until everything is healed and she didn't want me to get discouraged. I lost 12 pounds preop so that felt like a nice jumpstart. I figure I'll hop on the scale maybe @ week 2.

So Just out of curiosity, how has your life changed since the band? I know that I seem to be on the go soooo much because I feel terrific! I hate sitting around (unless I'm with my best friend). I prefer to go, go, go. I'm doing Water aerobics, raquetball, walking, and I think I might take up jogging soon (don't ask). With the smaller amounts of food you would think I wouldn't have the energy, but it is the complete opposite! I have so much energy! I'm not sure what I love more, the smaller me that is starting to show, or the endless energy I seem to have!

I lost about 7lbs and loved it - at least i've kept that off but haven't lost a thing since. To remain postive i will say i probably would've gained 40 or so pounds over the last year without the band so at least its keeping me pretty stable - my weight will fluctuate between 1-7lbs EVERY DAY but it stays within a range i'm learning to live with. I still feel a sadness over not being able to eat like I used to that I think would be less if I weighed less.

I've resigned myself to staying this weight and there is a certain comfort in that. I had a yard sale this weekend and sold or donated every single piece of clothing that doesn't fit and boy is my closet smaller - i have about 5 things in it but no longer have to look at ridiculously small clothes that will never fit me again.

My fill is fine - can only eat liquids or mushies until 2 or 3 (mostly) then can eat a pretty good dinner so I'm not interested in being tighter.

I lost 9 lb in the first five days, and i have only lost 3lb more now entering the third week. something is better than nothing. :clap2: no pre-op diet here either, I started mushie today.

I have a question: If someone is on birth control and they cant lose weight while they are on it (before the lap band), will it keep you from losing weight with the lap band?