Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegan Or Vegetarian?

I have an odd question....

Has anyone become vegan or vegetarian after the sleeve but was a carnivore pre-op?

.....strange, I know.

I call my self the part time vegetarian as I only eat meat once or twice a week. I eat a lot of fish, though. I found that when I was fully vegetarian I felt really crappy but after I incorporated a little meat back into my diet I steadied back out. I still like meat, but nowhere like I used to crave it. I actually prefer fruits, veggies, and fish more than anything now!

I was vegan for a few months. It was pretty easy. In order to get all the protien needed I am not sure you could be vegan, but vegetarians eat eggs, dairy and fish so I think that would be ok.

I'm not what catagory I would be put in but (or if there is one) I don't eat meat (beef, pork, veal, lamb etc.). I do eat chicken (thighs or wings), turkey (deli sliced or packaged), fish (talapia, wai, cod, haddoc), egg whites.

I do feel a difference since starting this particular diet about 7 months ago. And getting in the Protein hasn't been a problem...so far B). I had to find a way to incorporate protein from foods since I just can not tolerate most Protein Drinks - except for musle milk, I find I can drink that one. I usually drink it when I'm at work as a lunch sub about 2x a week.

I'm not what catagory I would be put in but (or if there is one) I don't eat meat (beef' date=' pork, veal, lamb etc.). I do eat chicken (thighs or wings), turkey (deli sliced or packaged), fish (talapia, wai, cod, haddoc), egg whites.

I do feel a difference since starting this particular diet about 7 months ago. And getting in the Protein hasn't been a problem...so far B). I had to find a way to incorporate Protein from foods since I just can not tolerate most protein drinks - except for musle milk, I find I can drink that one. I usually drink it when I'm at work as a lunch sub about 2x a week.[/quote']

You would be considered a pollo-pescitarian, or possibly a Flexitarian if you really had to put a label on it.

And just for informational purposes. Vegitarians do not eat fish, foul, eggs, or milk products. There is virtually no difference dietairily between a vegitarian and a vegan. Vegitarians are essentially people that adhere to a vegan diet, but don't necessarily subscribe to the rest of the lifestyle.

You would be considered a pollo-pescitarian, or possibly a Flexitarian if you really had to put a label on it.

And just for informational purposes. Vegitarians do not eat fish, foul, eggs, or milk products. There is virtually no difference dietairily between a vegitarian and a vegan. Vegitarians are essentially people that adhere to a vegan diet, but don't necessarily subscribe to the rest of the lifestyle.

Appreciate the clarification. I figured there was a name (since there's a name for just about everything) but couldn't come up with it....I don't put myself in a catagory (cuz that's how I roll ;) ). I am .... ME :ph34r: :P^_^

Here's an add-on to this.....I was sleeved on September 20th. That's all of 19 days. I'm on full liquids. I know my sleeve is ready for the pureed stage. Here's the kicker....

I'm scared to death to eat meat. I 'think' the fear is the POSSIBLE pain I will have after eating it. I have had not one complication from surgery. Not a lick of nausea. I have had no issues whatsoever eating after being sleeved.

I'm not sure where this irrational fear of eating meat is coming from. Has anyone encountered this?