Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stabbing/burning Pain

Ok so I'm 2.5 weeks out and other than this speed bump I feel great!!! One of my incision sites... On right side ( not where they removed stomach) is killing me!!! Getting up from bed/chair sends a shooting pain! It's not really superficial it's def more deep! Also happens if I move certain ways! Hard to shave legs or bend down period! As I sit here on couch writing this its just a constant burning pain! Incisions all look great especially this one! Not infected or hot! Anyone else experience this???

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Is it hot? has it begun to drain? Change color?

Mine hurt for awhile on that side, and it would come and go a bit...I think mine was from where that is the larget hole they make, it is where the stomach is removed from, and also they tacked my stitch up a bit high.

Is it hot? has it begun to drain? Change color?

Mine hurt for awhile on that side' date=' and it would come and go a bit...I think mine was from where that is the larget hole they make, it is where the stomach is removed from, and also they tacked my stitch up a bit high.[/quote']

Not hot, almost completely healed no change in color! It's not where the dr removed stomach ( I asked at my 1 week post op visit) almost feels like its gotten worse! How long did yours hurt for? I see my surgeon thurs for 3 week post op but debating whether to call her today instead of waiting! I dunno arggggg lol.

I had a similar issue back around 3 weeks post-op. I showed and told the PA that was doing the 3 week follow up and she said it was from internal scar tissue in the muscle around the incision. The incision looked great, but there was a pain on the right side near it. This is not medical advice for you; rather it it meant to be anecdotal so that you have something to discuss with your doctor. Hope you feel better.

I would call, to be safe. They will probably tell you to wait until Thursday, but better to be safe. My large incision still hurt 3 weeks out, but it was getting better everyday and Tylenol was enough to make it feel better. If it is getting worse, I would call for sure.

I'm one week out and it's my left side incision driving me crazy- if not for that i would be "livin' the dream!"

please call your doctor it could be Gall bladder or Pnuemonia... Does it hurt when you breath in????

Not my gallbladder and not when I breath in! It's site specific! When I saw my surgeon 1 wk post op she said I was healing! I called and they said she would check it out thurs! I'm def not doubled over in pain although moving wrong way it is sharp/stabbing/burning! Probably an internal stitch! Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issue!

Yes, I had this exactly at about 2 or 2.5 weeks.

It lasted for about 4-5 days while stuff healed inside. I couldn't walk or move much without a stabbing knife pain, which clearly was due to incision stuff. I was even in tears sometimes.

What helped me was Spanx and first aid tape. I taped up the painful areas so they couldn't jiggle or get stretched, then wore Spanx to hold it in. It was magic!!!

After it had a chance to heal, I was pain-free and have been for 3 weeks now.

I had a burning pain on my left side. I got a weightloss belt (the ones that are wide like a girdle and wrapped it around me putting an ice gel pack on the burning area. The belt holds the ice pace & me in place to offer support so I didn't jiggle as much. It worked.

May have to try that! I don't have anything left to jiggle lol :) I go back to work next week and worry about having to bend and maneuver in awkward positions! Maybe one of those belts or spans will help! I work in an operating room in a major trauma center!! All of my co workers know about the surgery cause I'm gonna need help ( lifting etc) hmmmm hopefully I don't have to perform CPR any time soon!!!

May have to try that! I don't have anything left to jiggle lol :) I go back to work next week and worry about having to bend and maneuver in awkward positions! Maybe one of those belts or spans will help! I work in an operating room in a major trauma center!! All of my co workers know about the surgery cause I'm gonna need help ( lifting etc) hmmmm hopefully I don't have to perform CPR any time soon!!!

Wondering what your Dr. said when you saw him/her? How long did your pain last? Did you try the Spanx with any results? I am experiencing the same pain and it's extreme at times. Thanks for your input!

Wondering what your Dr. said when you saw him/her? How long did your pain last? Did you try the Spanx with any results? I am experiencing the same pain and it's extreme at times. Thanks for your input!

It's eased up a bit but I see dr tomorrow!!! I'm thinking its totally muscular / or an inside stitch! I complained 1 week out and she said I was just healing! Will let u know for sure tomorrow!!!! Hope yours gets better as well!!! :)

I had the same thing last for about a week when I was a month post-op. Hot knife when I would bend over to tie my shoes or get up from a couch, etc. Doc said the nerves were healing and was totally normal. All good since then.