Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Afraid Of Losing Too Much Weight?

Are you concerned about losing too Mich weight or barely losing any?

If only losing too much weight could be my worry!

I am not really afraid of losing "too much" because my body is incredibly stubborn. I'm more afraid of not losing anything, or going through the agony & cost of surgery & all it has connected to it, & only dropping like 50#.

weight.png 347*294/285/143 (*347HW/294SSW)

No, I dont think I have ever worried about losing too much! I do sometimes worry though if I will ever make it to goal, sometimes I feel I will hit a certain weight and not be able to lose anymore.

No. If you look at the data, very very very few people lose too much weight. I suspect that is generally associated with bad complications like strictures etc.

I was worried about not losing enough, but I am very pleased with where I am at - even though I want to lose more.

What am I scared of? Maintenance - but, one day at a time.

I know someone who lost too much weight (went from 273lbs to 125 lbs- w/ lap band) and doesn't look like herself! But she feels good and thats all that matters. I know a girl who did the gastric bypass and was at almost 300lbs and is currently at 220lbs... but she got preggo a few months after surgery and now she can't lose the weight.

I would LOVE to lose too much weight! A girl can dream. But more important is being healthy and feeling good.

Actually, I have a really concern about losing too much weight. I have lost 94 pounds in 8 months. I am only 4'11". I have exceeded the doctors goal by 5 lbs. I am went from a size 20 to a size 0 - 00. Yes, I did type double 0. I had spoke to Nut about it. The concern I have is that they want me to eat more but I can only get in a half a cup!!! Which really messes with me because I finally got the eating right thing down to a science and now I have to add more food? !?! I am worried that I am going backwards with the eating habits, gain too much back and not be able to lose again. It really messes with your mind. Plus, I am starting to look sickly. I am still losing just slowly now...like 4 lbs a month. Don't get me wrong I am a lot healthier and extremely happier than I have been in 10 years but people at work keep making comments about my looks...it makes me uncomfortable. I have a followup in 2 weeks hopefully my Nut can rework my diet so that I can maintain where I am. At this rate, I will be 95lb by January...not so healthy.

Omg - that's a big HELL NO! I have been saying I can't even imagine my clothes being too big :(

Losing too much weight

Having too much money

My car being too fast

All problems I think I could live with.

O.T.R. - aint that the truth :lol:

hey dude, look at you - great new picture WooHoo

i actually only recognized that great smile, then i saw you behind it ;)

looking good ;)

ok, back to me being serious, yeah right :) :)

my mom hasn't seen me since i've had WLS, she lives in another state.

as i've lost weight, and tell her - she did say to me once, when will the weight stop dropping? i told her not to worry. BTW i've been in a 2 + month stall, so it has stopped dropping, but it will continue to move in its own sweet time ;)

Actually, I have a really concern about losing too much weight. I have lost 94 pounds in 8 months. I am only 4'11". I have exceeded the doctors goal by 5 lbs. I am went from a size 20 to a size 0 - 00. Yes, I did type double 0. I had spoke to Nut about it. The concern I have is that they want me to eat more but I can only get in a half a cup!!! Which really messes with me because I finally got the eating right thing down to a science and now I have to add more food?!?! I am worried that I am going backwards with the eating habits, gain too much back and not be able to lose again. It really messes with your mind. Plus, I am starting to look sickly. I am still losing just slowly now...like 4 lbs a month. Don't get me wrong I am a lot healthier and extremely happier than I have been in 10 years but people at work keep making comments about my looks...it makes me uncomfortable. I have a followup in 2 weeks hopefully my Nut can rework my diet so that I can maintain where I am. At this rate, I will be 95lb by January...not so healthy.

114lbs at 4'11" doesn't sound low for that height. On weight charts, it is actually in the "normal" range on the BMI chart and if you gained just a few lbs it puts you in the "overweight" category. However everyone is different and carry their weight differently and if you work out with weights that pretty much tosses BMI out of the window.

At 5'3" I am shooting for 115lbs.

Very worried about losing too much and fearful of not losing enough. Some days think that I am crazy. :) I have an ideal weight for myself which is not what my doctor has listed in my chart. I have no desire to be stick thin. Fear of the post weight loss lollypop look keeps me in a state of terror.

Actually' date=' I have a really concern about losing too much weight. I have lost 94 pounds in 8 months. I am only 4'11". I have exceeded the doctors goal by 5 lbs. I am went from a size 20 to a size 0 - 00. Yes, I did type double 0. I had spoke to Nut about it. The concern I have is that they want me to eat more but I can only get in a half a cup!!! Which really messes with me because I finally got the eating right thing down to a science and now I have to add more food?!?! I am worried that I am going backwards with the eating habits, gain too much back and not be able to lose again. It really messes with your mind. Plus, I am starting to look sickly. I am still losing just slowly now...like 4 lbs a month. Don't get me wrong I am a lot healthier and extremely happier than I have been in 10 years but people at work keep making comments about my looks...it makes me uncomfortable. I have a followup in 2 weeks hopefully my Nut can rework my diet so that I can maintain where I am. At this rate, I will be 95lb by January...not so healthy.[/quote']

I would think they would want you to try to increase your calories without necessarily increasing your food volume (since you can't). Eating more healthy fats like nuts (peanut butter) avocados, olives and so on. More fruits, less veggies. Full fat everything. Whole milk. Plus drinking with your meals will help you eat sooner after surgery. Maybe cut back on cardio as well.

Did they give you any other strategies? Also, have you been checked for hyper thyroid? Seems odd but it's possible.

I have lose 85lb and my wife has express that she would like for me to stay at my current weight but I'm sure I will lose another 30-40lb.