Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dominican Republic Plastic Surgery

i also think it depends on procedure. some drs will actually sit there and do butt shots which can def kill!

i think things can go wrong anywhere.

the place really has not much to do with it.

if youre a licensed dr, u learn all the same crap

and do all the same crap!

i think drs in other countries probably perform

more surgeries than anyone else in the US!

me personally, i always hear DR when i hear plastic surgery. i guess in a way, that juust gives me more comfort. i even had a humor graphic sent to me that shows this time machine looking thing with a fat lady getting in on one side & on the other side, she comes running out with huge perfect boobies, a tiny waist & huge butt lol. it said "dominican creator" on the time machine thingy. lol.

not down playing columbia one bit but i never really hear stories from there. actually, i do knowsomeone who went there for Lipo.< /p>

also, DR is closer to me.

i just got a quote from another doctor in DR for $6000 for everything that i want.

i just have to pay for hotel room

Unfortunately I think people come to Colombia without doing the proper research. I've lived in Colombia for four years and I just had my VST in Colombia. I had care comparable probably to what I would've had in United States. I have had many coworkers and friends have plastic surgery in Colombia Bogota that is without any problems. Unfortunately, complications can happen anywhere. I don't believe in going to any other country to get any procedure done without doing your proper research. Overall Colombia and the Dominican Republic are both Third World countries; however not every city is equal. Bogota is a developed city with good medical care. And believe me I'm not pushing you to come to Colombia to have surgery. I just don't want people to think that this place is full of hack job doctors because that is not true. I was on the same floor two doors down from the President of Colombia. Believe me when I tell you that man could go anywhere for his surgery and he had it here. Edit to add: I am not saying she came here without doing her research, but I know of one incident where a girl died from going to a "DR" with the lowest price. Research research and that goes for any country, abroad and US!!!

Was butt shots can kill a typo?

I'm confused lol

Was butt shots can kill a typo?

I'm confused lol

nope! no typo.

butt shots consist of silicone & its not in anything so the silicone can travel into your blood & if it does, nothing can be done. youll die.

Oh wow! That is scary!!

:(

When it comes time for my plastics I've narrowed it down to two surgeons. Dra.Carmina Cardenas in MX and Dra. Robles in DR... both do AMAZING work! And I've read great reviews about both surgeons and thier after care.. but I beleive DR is a lot cheaper.. Well.. the plane ticket will be for sure and the travel time will be less..And that's always appealing. I traveled to MX for my sleeve and hated every minute of the journey back. So I'm thinking the DR will be a lot closer and less travel time. I can't imagine a long plane ride after all the work I'm going to be getting.

It's MX or Dr or bust! lol

i read dr robles and i read one bad story about her which kind of scared me. i was looking into her too. i spoke with a few surgeons and theres one that has even done videos and i think i want to go with him who has great reviews but might quote higher than other drs

When it comes time for my plastics I've narrowed it down to two surgeons. Dra.Carmina Cardenas in MX and Dra. Robles in DR... both do AMAZING work! And I've read great reviews about both surgeons and thier after care.. but I beleive DR is a lot cheaper.. Well.. the plane ticket will be for sure and the travel time will be less..And that's always appealing. I traveled to MX for my sleeve and hated every minute of the journey back. So I'm thinking the DR will be a lot closer and less travel time. I can't imagine a long plane ride after all the work I'm going to be getting.

It's MX or Dr or bust! lol

i read dr robles and i read one bad story about her which kind of scared me. i was looking into her too. i spoke with a few surgeons and theres one that has even done videos and i think i want to go with him who has great reviews but might quote higher than other drs

I've only heard of the one bad review from Dra. Robles, but it wasn't concerning her work ethic or performance. More so..of what she was not going to perform on a patient. The rest of the reviews that I read were pretty awesome. And I like that she has an all-inclusive package... Wait..or was that Cardenas? lol Right now I'm not sure.. but and all-inclusive package sounds really great to me. Best of luck with whomever you choose :D

the one i read was of a female who wanted Lipo but was "too fat" & robles made her do a Tummy Tuck & caught an infection.

but ive read good reviews about her!

what is the inclusive package like?

what work r u getting?

how much were u quoted?

I've only heard of the one bad review from Dra. Robles, but it wasn't concerning her work ethic or performance. More so..of what she was not going to perform on a patient. The rest of the reviews that I read were pretty awesome. And I like that she has an all-inclusive package... Wait..or was that Cardenas? lol Right now I'm not sure.. but and all-inclusive package sounds really great to me. Best of luck with whomever you choose :D

Discount surgery vs complete medical care....this is a no brainer for me. I will live in Spanx for the rest of my life if necessary before I head out of the country to save money.

Discount surgery vs complete medical care....this is a no brainer for me. I will live in Spanx for the rest of my life if necessary before I head out of the country to save money.

Heading out the country is not so bad of a thought. It's exactly what I did concerning my sleeve. I went right to Mexico. Couldn't afford it in the states, but I most certainly could there.

My belief is that America is not the only country with competent surgeons. But I understand what you're saying.

JaSleeve.....

Yes, I have heard that she will suggest a Tummy Tuck if it's too much fat around the belly. I'm sorry the woman caught an infection, but honestly that doesn't scare me enough. I caught an infection with my c-section insecion here in the states. But a botch job definitely will! And so far I haven't heard of her doing any :)

I haven't contacted her, but I've talked to many women who have been to her on www.realself.com and they've all said her pricing is reasonable...

I wont be ready for plastics for at least another year or two..

Here's the link to her website...www.drawalkirisrobles.com

lol i totally agree. if anything, u hear horror stories here too. ive seen people from the usa get work done & they look like they just got work done. ive seen girls come back from DR looking like barbie dolls! DR is known for plastic surgery which means they do it OFTEN which means more experience. if someone is well known for charging less, everyones going to go there. they only get better with experience, not worse. lol.

americans who are dominican have no fear of going there to get work done because its where they are from! people from america have no fear of getting it done here because its where we are from! my only fear is because is an infection. not where im going. lol.

im glad u made the decision to be healthy & be sleeved whether it here or not! go girl

Heading out the country is not so bad of a thought. It's exactly what I did concerning my sleeve. I went right to Mexico. Couldn't afford it in the states, but I most certainly could there.

My belief is that America is not the only country with competent surgeons. But I understand what you're saying.

you get medical care there. you just have to stay there. no difference than here. if anything, you hear more usa horror stories than DR. but to each their own. i refused to be trapped in a fat girls body so i made a change. now i refuse to be loose so ill make a change. while others are wearing Spanx to hide their insecurities, ill get mine removed & feel great in my skin.

Discount surgery vs complete medical care....this is a no brainer for me. I will live in spanx for the rest of my life if necessary before I head out of the country to save money.

with the c section infection, how was that taken care of?

the work she did on the girl was great but the girl felt tricked into it. i actually saved the girls picture. ohhhh & the other thing i heard about her is that for the fat transfer, she doesnt put a lot. THAT i dont like! i want to shape my butt out since ive never had one & id be highly disappointed if i came out with a barely noticable butt. :(

JaSleeve.....

Yes, I have heard that she will suggest a Tummy Tuck if it's too much fat around the belly. I'm sorry the woman caught an infection, but honestly that doesn't scare me enough. I caught an infection with my c-section insecion here in the states. But a botch job definitely will! And so far I haven't heard of her doing any :)

I haven't contacted her, but I've talked to many women who have been to her on www.realself.com and they've all said her pricing is reasonable...

I wont be ready for plastics for at least another year or two..

Here's the link to her website...www.drawalkirisrobles.com

Hey jasSleeve

I am also going to DR fo rmy plasitics when the time comes....

I had my sleeve done in DR becuase i didnt have insurance at the time

and the probablity of my insurance now coviering my plastics is slim

If i get denied-- i will try every possible outlet first

It it doesnt work then off to DR i go

I am from there and so far have only heard of amazing things!

I love my country for that!!!

Lets keep in touch and help each other out

What doctor have you been in touch with over there?