Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight After Pregnancy

What is you're YouTube channel name

What is you're YouTube channel name

jmcbribe on YouTube.

post-12388-13838396884917_thumb.png

Sent from my iPad using VST

post-19418-1381366107809_thumb.jpg

I'm now 27 weeks pregnant and about 33 weeks post op. I have actually lost 28 pounds since discovering I was pregnant. Pre op I was 300... Down to 252 when I found out in July and at 224 now. I I'd have terrible morning sickness and still get sick occasionally, but overall, I feel pretty good. I'm a FTM expecting a baby girl in 13 sort weeks.

I got pregnant at one year after vsg and I lost 50lbs my first trimester but gained 35lbs by my ninth month, I lost all my baby weight ten days after delivery but have gained 27lbs in the last four months, I think from lack of sleep and trying to compensate food to energy, it has been difficult and scary regaining but I am working to get back on track. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to be ask.

I got pregnant at one year after vsg and I lost 50lbs my first trimester but gained 35lbs by my ninth month' date=' I lost all my baby weight ten days after delivery but have gained 27lbs in the last four months, I think from lack of sleep and trying to compensate food to energy, it has been difficult and scary regaining but I am working to get back on track. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to be ask.[/quote']

I am 4 mos out and 3 mos pregnant. I didn't plan on this pregnancy. I had an IUD in but still came up pregnant somehow. I have lost 25 lbs since I found out. Was your pregnancy morning/all day sickness any worse with being sleeved? I can't tell if this sickness is because I'm having a boy (I have two girls but no boys lol) or if its because of my sleeve. Also, I am so afraid of gaining because I am still 60 lbs away from my goal. Any advice?? Thank you so much!

Just doing a quick check in: I am now 14 weeks pregnant (3months) and my weight loss has slowed but I'm still losing. My last check in I was at 191 and I'm currently 186 ~ I consider that stable. I'm still not showing and haven't had any sickness or cravings. I STILL don't feel pregnant, but the ultrasounds definitely shows a little active one in there. I am beginning ton feel more gassy but my mom said those are little flutters that I cant distinguish yet. I found out at 12 weeks I was having a girl ~ my doc goes by the "nub theory" and has been 95% correct with his patients who choses to know early. I feel great, I mainly walk as my form of exercise now and do step aerobics once a week. My docs increased my caloric intake to 2000 which I have yet to meet unless I am totally wreckless with food choices. It ranges from 1100 to 1700 on good days when my pouch allows me to eat. I'll admit, I'm addicted to V8 splash (empty calories) ~ the diet brand is good but hard to find them in the small bottles. But so far, everything is going good. I believe if I hadn't gotten pregnant I would definitely be at goal by now (175) or surpassed it. I look forward to breast feeding but the horror stories scare me (split nipples, bleeding, etc....) Any successful breast feeders out there??

Just doing a quick check in: I am now 14 weeks pregnant (3months) and my weight loss has slowed but I'm still losing. My last check in I was at 191 and I'm currently 186 ~ I consider that stable. I'm still not showing and haven't had any sickness or cravings. I STILL don't feel pregnant' date=' but the ultrasounds definitely shows a little active one in there. I am beginning ton feel more gassy but my mom said those are little flutters that I cant distinguish yet. I found out at 12 weeks I was having a girl ~ my doc goes by the "nub theory" and has been 95% correct with his patients who choses to know early. I feel great, I mainly walk as my form of exercise now and do step aerobics once a week. My docs increased my caloric intake to 2000 which I have yet to meet unless I am totally wreckless with food choices. It ranges from 1100 to 1700 on good days when my pouch allows me to eat. I'll admit, I'm addicted to V8 splash (empty calories) ~ the diet brand is good but hard to find them in the small bottles. But so far, everything is going good. I believe if I hadn't gotten pregnant I would definitely be at goal by now (175) or surpassed it. I look forward to breast feeding but the horror stories scare me (split nipples, bleeding, etc....) Any successful breast feeders out there??[/quote']

I breastfed both of my kids til around 8 mos when they had teeth on top and bottom. If you can make it through the first two weeks you will be fine! Your nipples will toughen up in that time and kinda form a callus and the latch on wont bother you. Just DON'T give up. I had my surgery Aug 2 and I am 12 wks pregnant now. You are so very lucky for no sickness. I have been sick all day and all night. I'm only getting in 600-1000 calories a day and am lucky FOR THAT.

I breastfed both of my kids til around 8 mos when they had teeth on top and bottom. If you can make it through the first two weeks you will be fine! Your nipples will toughen up in that time and kinda form a callus and the latch on wont bother you. Just DON'T give up. I had my surgery Aug 2 and I am 12 wks pregnant now. You are so very lucky for no sickness. I have been sick all day and all night. I'm only getting in 600-1000 calories a day and am lucky FOR THAT.

I'm going to give it an honest try! I hope you feel better soon! Best wishes to you!

Vsg' date=' you are beyond lucky... I'm far better than I started out but still get sick probably about twice a week. Also, I was thinking about contacting La Leche League for help with breast feeding.[/quote']

Did your sickness get any better?? I'm 4 mos post op and 3 mos pregnant and sick all day. I take zofran every 6 hrs to help but it does no good. It's so hard to get all my Proteins and liquids in without getting sick.

My sickness is much better. I was on zofran in the beginning too. It did nothing except perpetuate my Migraines, so they had to give me something else. But now, I'm pretty good, maybe nausea twice a week. The key for me is to never allow myself to get too hungry or too full.

My sickness is much better. I was on zofran in the beginning too. It did nothing except perpetuate my migraines' date=' so they had to give me something else. But now, I'm pretty good, maybe nausea twice a week. The key for me is to never allow myself to get too hungry or too full.[/quote']

Glad you are so much better!!! I miss your videos! Take care!! Sending hugs!

Hi :) I just found out that I'm pregnant last week. I'm 8 weeks post op and 8 weeks preggers. Scary thought for me. But I'm glad to see that you all are doing well with the pregnancies. I am having very bad morning sickness :( not something new. I always have it but not this bad. Almost every time I eat I vomit. I can't get my Protein in and I'm barely getting enough Water. How long did morning sickness last for you guys and what did the dr's say? I always feel like food is stuck or gonna get stuck in my throat then I don't eat much and then vomit. :( anyone else have these feelings?

Hi :) I just found out that I'm pregnant last week. I'm 8 weeks post op and 8 weeks preggers. Scary thought for me. But I'm glad to see that you all are doing well with the pregnancies. I am having very bad morning sickness :( not something new. I always have it but not this bad. Almost every time I eat I vomit. I can't get my Protein in and I'm barely getting enough Water. How long did morning sickness last for you guys and what did the dr's say? I always feel like food is stuck or gonna get stuck in my throat then I don't eat much and then vomit. :( anyone else have these feelings?

Congrats to you!! I haven't had any morning sickness ~ I'm 18 weeks today ~ still not showing. My docs want me to eat 2000 calories a day and that's hard... But they say baby is healthy! I have the "official" anatomy scan tomorrow ~ hubby is still holding out hope for a little boy but doc is sure it's a girl! Hope the sickness gets better for you and congrats again!!

How long did morning sickness last for you guys and what did the dr's say? I always feel like food is stuck or gonna get stuck in my throat then I don't eat much and then vomit. :( anyone else have these feelings?

Whew - you're going to have a tough time but try not to stress too much. It's hard enough to eat in the beginning months post op, and to add in a pregnancy (and the worries about eating for the baby) I'm sure can't help.

Every single person and every single pregnancy is different. This time around the morning sickness was awful for me. It lasted until about four months, went away for just over a month and is back now that I'm in the third trimester. That's just me pregnant with this baby. I actually had an easier twin pregnancy than this single baby!

You probably cannot eat much at a time. If you aren't already, you really, really need to find a Protein shake that you like that doesn't cause you problems. Dairy can be an issue, so if you don't like your shakes try mixing them with something else. Because you're expecting, I wouldn't go for the lowest carb and calorie shake you can find. Something I'd normally consider a splurge, like the BSN Syntha-6 brand, would be IDEAL for you right now. The higher calories are something you need because you're growing a baby and you're not going to be eating many of your calories. I'd pair a scoop of the Syntha-6 with a scoop or two of the Syntrax unflavored for a Protein heavy shake that will help boost your caloric intake. I'd drink at least one a day, but I might try for two if you're really having trouble eating.

You need to eat slowly, chew thoroughly and try a variety of different foods. Certain things do tend to feel like they get stuck in the beginning when your new sleeve is still swollen. I'm not saying you should live on mushies but you need to pace yourself and take it easy. eggs are a huge issue for a lot of people around this time, so if you find they aren't going down well, back off of them and try them again each week until you can tolerate them.

It's the opposite of typical sleeve eating, but I found that the only thing I could really keep down with morning sickness were carbs. Small, thin slices of toast, crackers, grits, oatmeal, etc. You may find the same.

The reality is that your priority just shifted - now your goal isn't to lose weight. Your priority now should be to heal and eat enough to have a healthy baby. You WILL lose this weight afterward. There isn't a magic window with the sleeve, and you'll find that your restriction is very much still there once baby arrives. I've gone back and forth during this pregnancy with restriction. At times I'm amazed because I can eat an entire sandwich and other times I can only manage a few bites before I'm stuffed.

Oh, and watch that acid. I was off my PPI for years and now I'm back on it again. I could have sworn I was starving to death around the clock...and you'd think as a sleeve vet I'd know better ('specially since I'm always reminding people that are newly sleeved to take their PPI) but as soon as I hopped back on my omeprazole I felt so much relief. So make sure your OB knows you need a PPI and make sure you're taking one. As soon as I got on mine again the daily heartburn and around the clock stomach rumbling went away.

Good luck to you, and to all the ladies here expecting!

Oh, and since this is a thread about weight gain, I'm currently 27 weeks and I'm up 20 pounds. I'm not thrilled but I'm not worried, either. Compared to my past pregnancy gains (97 pounds for one girl, nearly 80 pounds with twins) I'm kicking butt this time around. ;)

~Cheri