Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Symptoms Anybody Have Any Of These

so im 2 weeks out i cant get any pureed food down let alone Protein or Water everything smell gross even water makes my stomach turn room temperature or not my breath is awful so im always brushing and what is this spit mess it just forms in my mouth i have to spit it out it makes me gag i feel dizzy and light headed chew able Vitamins yeah right i have this twisting feeling in my stomach that i can feel in my throat the worst taste in my mouth nothing taste good no Popsicle no juice water nothing so i lay in bed when i get up im dizzy to the max i went in at 281 i finally weighed myself 250 but thats not hard work that literally starving to death the only reason i think im half way okay is my sis made me a Gatorade slushie Jesus i just want this to be over and feel like tia again when will that come im not producing much urine either :(

I am so sorry you are going through this. What are the DR's saying? Can there possibly be a leak? Again, I hope & pray that you get some answers & start to feel better very soon. Please keep us updated.

It sounds like you may be dehydrated. Please call your physician or go to the ER. This can be very dangerous.

Tia, you should probably get to the ER for some iv fluids. You sound severely dehydrated. It can wreck havoc on your body.

Go get yourself hydrated at the hospital so you can feel better.

You will be so glad you did.

Don't make yourself suffer any longer.

My prayers are with you.

Let us know how youre doing.

Ditto! Please post later telling us you went to the ER!

It's normal... Ya body is still digesting the change, it takes awhile. Be patient and follow what ya doctor and nutritionist tells u. Most of all sip sip sip!

It may be normal not to feel well, have trouble getting fluids in, or even get a little dehydrated - but it is cause for concern and your dehydration sounds like it may be past the normal stage! Please consider going in to the ER for some IV fluids - it is NOT good for you to be severely dehydrated.

Sorry, double posted!

I agree with the previous post, you seem to be going down the dehydration route and because you're not eating anything you're not producing enough saliva in your mouth. This could be where your bad taste is coming from. I had this too my first couple of days. It will all get better, just try to drink Water, if you're not able to swallow anything then you should really consider calling your surgeon asap. I was told that the stomach could somehow close at the very top and that's when food won't go down. Usually for smokers though. Hope you feel better soon!

I went in for my post op and they told me I was dehydrated and they had to give me two IV bags of Fluid because as far as I was dehydrated I would not be able to catch up on my own.... Point to ponder.

I wish they would have hooked me up. dizzy and weak for days. My doctor called me after my lab work and said to get drinking or go to er. I got drinking and still working on it.

i can get fluids and food in though.. go to er

The bad breath etc is because your body is going through Ketosis (google it for more information).

You have to make an effort to drink. Set a timer, take small sips every 10 minutes. You will start to feel better each day if you make the effort to do this.

Also as others have said, seek medical advice. If you are not getting any fluids down at all then you are probably dehydrated. This is serious and should be treated promptly

Has any one tried pedialite??? Does it help??

I didnt like pedialite but I got the Powerade zero with electrolytes and I try to drink two a week.... this week I got in three...it helps..:)