Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits October Challenge

Hi everybody... just wanted to let you know I will not be around from Nov. 4th to 12th. I will be on a cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Haiti. I intend on keeping up with the November challenge and hope that I can do better than I did this month. I think the biggest problem will be getting in my Water, but I'm going to do my best.

Roberta

I will be on a cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Haiti.

I thought I was lucky going to Martha's Vineyard this weekend, but you win the jackpot! I wanna go on a cruise too! Plus a cruise boat is totally set up for exercise, right? Swimming, fitness rooms, dancing, walking walking walking, shuffleboard... The major challenge will be putting down your fork. Do you have a food strategy in mind?

I thought I was lucky going to Martha's Vineyard this weekend, but you win the jackpot! I wanna go on a cruise too! Plus a cruise boat is totally set up for exercise, right? Swimming, fitness rooms, dancing, walking walking walking, shuffleboard... The major challenge will be putting down your fork. Do you have a food strategy in mind?

Do come along Bluehill !!! Although I'm not sure that they could handle two sexy senior like us!!:)

I so need this trip!! My DH doesn't like cruising so I'm meeting up with a friend who moved from NY six years ago. Every year she and her family go on a cruise through Royal Caribbean. This year it will be their new ship, Freedom of the Seas. It is supposed to beautiful. Yes, there will be plenty for me to do...except swimming... I swim like a rock!!:P Food wasn't much of a challenge the last time I went pre-band...except for the most delicious freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.:paranoid They were at a shop set-up like a Starbucks where you could get various teas, fresh coffee, small sandwiches and yummy freshly baked Desserts. I think if I continue to take the Trimspa that should help to cut my desire for sweets, which has been the case for sometime now. The other thing I plan to do is keeping in mind how happy I am to be able to fit into a lot of my old clothes. And that if I indulge in too many sweets I wont be able to do that, which is a big issue for me. I'm so afraid of losing my Band and having all that weight come right back on me. So I'm hoping that will be a deterrent. I've already told my girlfriend that I plan to hit the gym and she "says" that's her plan too. Either way I'm going. I too want exercise to be a major part of my life. I think that if I do lose my Band, that will be what might save me... being regular with exercise.

Roberta

I TOTALLY agree on keeping November's challenge at completing seventeen 35-minute workouts. This time of year gets crazy with fighting colds and allergies. I have to get in one more workout tomorrow...trick or treating door-to-door???

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! I really appreciate the personal notes regarding my stubborn weight. The scale weigh-in is an emotional event and always has been! I did lose ONE pound this month. But I receive compliments everyday! It seems that the running has changed my appearance enough to create a drastic reaction from friends and co-workers. Also, I didn't realize that I needed to buy clothes two sizes smaller. Wearing clothing that is too big really disguises the body.

Betty, I will pray for you, your son, and family. We never stop being the momma, and our kids never stop needing us.

Hey, JULIE!! YOU ARE RUNNING!!!! That is EXACTLY how I started, but could only run 1 minute before walking a bit. The knees and ankles will hurt if you overdo it. Won't it be a blast when we are all so light that running is a total pleasure?

ALL of my exercise BUDDIES: You are a tremendous support. I wish we could all meet. There have been evenings that I am tired and want to watch TV. Knowing that I am accountable and have to report to thr group really helps. And knowing that you are all working so hard with such positive attitudes is the perfect motivation for me!!!

November is a month of GRATITUDE. When I workout this next month, I am going to try to focus on all of the wonderful blessings in my life.

Good luck to everyone!

I forgot. Make sure you use all of those stairs instead of the elevators. We went on a cruise pre-band. Although we ate whenever we wanted, with all of the walking around the ship, climbing stairs and sightseeing, everyone in the family LOST weight.

I am all for the November challenge, especially the Water goal. I have really slacked off this month, although I have been drinking a bit more this week. Work is still killing me, in fact, I am at work now (bad, I know). But, I needed a break.

Looks like everyone else is doing great. I can't wait to get completely back on track again in November.

10/4: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/6: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/7: 50 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/8: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/9: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/11: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/12: 40 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/13: None

10/14: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/15: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/16: none

10/17: none

10/18: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/19: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/20: none

10/21: none

10/22: 4 hours walking around the zoo

10/23: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/24: none

10/25: 40 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/26: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/27: none

10/28: 3 hours house cleaning, 2 hours laundry, 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/29: None

10/30: 35 minutes on the treadmill<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Thanks for the tip, that's my intention.... now whether my knees and asthma will allow me is another story. For some reason this month I'm having a lot of trouble with my bad knee.. a lot of pain and swelling.:omg: Not being able to take an anti-inflammatory is not helping either.

Roberta

Eva, good for you in not giving in to your emotions after your break up. You should feel very proud of yourself! Whenever we change old habits it feels so good. Glad your finally up and around.

Roberta

Susan, you may have "slacked off" this month, but you still met the Challenge! Hooray for you!

Last day of the month, so I'm posting my totals for the October Challenge, which I have met and exceeded. I'm very proud of myself! I feel so much stronger, lighter, more balanced, more energetic. I may feel grumpy on the way to the fitness center, but I'm always happy on the way home. Endorphins will do that. heh

October Challenge Totals: 22 days, 41 sessions

1) 10/2: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

2) 10/3: 1-hr yoga class, 35-min lap swim

3) 10/4: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

4) 10/5: 1-hr yoga class, 35-min lap swim

5) 10/6: 35-min lap swim

6) 10/9: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

7) 10/10: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

8) 10/11: 1-hr movement class, 40-min lap swim

9) 10/12: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

10) 10/13: 40-min lap swim

11) 10/16: 1-hr movement class, 40-min lap swim

12) 10/17: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

13) 10/18: 1-hr movement class, 40-min lap swim

14) 10/19: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim, 1-hr firewood stacking

15) 10/20: 50-min lap swim

16) 10/23: 1-hr movement class, 40-min lap swim

17) 10/24: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

18) 10/25: 1-hr movement class, 40-min lap swim

19) 10/26: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

20) 10/27: 50-min lap swim

21) 10/30: 1-hr movement class, 40-min lap swim

22) 10/31: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

It is the 1st November already, this side of the world, I better get moving for the November challenge......................!!!! congrats to you all that finished, you all need a gold star!!!!! Very inspiring reading your posts!!!!

XX Amourette!

It is the 1st November already, this side of the world, I better get moving for the November challenge......................!!!!

Great that you're in Oz, amourette! That way, we can depend on you to lead us in exercise!

Have to point out though in New Zealand, not Oz, bit of a difference.................hehehe, who will start the thread for us?

Cheers:D

Have to point out though in New Zealand, not Oz, bit of a difference.................hehehe

Oh dear, I DO apologize! Just goes to show, never assume anything. How terrific, though, that you're in New Zealand! Makes our group very international, what with Eficka in the Czech Republic and you Down Under.

Eficka: Is it Eve or Eva?

:) Amourette, seeing it is already November 1st where you are, I vote that you start the November thread! :clap2: