Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Used to drink almost a pot a day. doc said i could start on Decaf on week 2 but it just doesn't taste right. tried regular and it tastes funny. i miss my coffee.< /p>

A lot of people ask about coffee post-op and, as usual, there are many different answers depending on different doctors. My doctor, for example, said we never had to stop drinking coffee pre or post op with the exception of day before surgery. could someone give a sound medical reason why some doctors are telling their patients to abstain from coffee? I just don't get it other then coffee is a diuretic and may increase/decrease appetite. I have not been a coffee drinker since about 5 years ago (now 36), but so far coffee is a part of the day, that extra boost in the morning or just a comfort when it is cold outside,

I get a Starbucks White chocolate Mocha a few times a week: tall, skim milk, no whip, one pump vs two, caffein free... I know, I know - you may be saying "what is the point?" It's still so darn good to me - and at 240 calories I totally enjoy it!

I mix or with my Protein Shakes every morning.

I have tried your coffee Protein Shake and now am addicted to it and have one every morning, :wub: and I won't even be sleeved until Oct 22nd.

I drank a cup of black coffee with stevia about 4 days post op. It feelt really good in my tummy since I was barely eating. I had it black because my surgeon told me to withhold dairy products because I had IBSEN

I drank a cup of black coffee with stevia about 4 days post op. It feelt really good in my tummy since I was barely eating. I had it black because my surgeon told me to withhold dairy products because I had IBS prior to surgery. I used to love my caramel ice coffee but since its Syrup what they add and that's pure sugar I eliminated it from my life. The only thing I've noticed now is that if I drink my coffee too fast I may feel nauseated, but other than that no problem. Enjoy!

Wow!! I just signed on to ask about coffee because my NUT said it was not allowed and I quit pre-op. But now it's Fall and the Fall blends with spices are so attractive!! I bought the pumpkin Spice blend at Trader Joes and it tastes wonderful with Splenda and a splash of skim milk' date=' and felt like I was committing a mortal sin by drinking it!! Now I've read all your posts, I feel better. Try this coffee, it's wonderful. (I will use in moderation, as I know nothing in excess is good for me or anyone)[/quote']

I just ordered some of this. I hope it's good!

Thanks everyone! I am so looking forward to returning to my morning cup of coffee!

I went back to my two cups with sugar-free vanilla Creamer every morning when I was ~2 weeks post-op I think' date=' and have had no problems. Life is good.[/quote']

I cool it down a little with soy milk and add a scoop of vanilla or chocolate Protein powder and though I never used to drink coffee it is a great way to get my Protein. 30 grams in one cup and 130 calories.

coffee is a diuretic so docs ard cautious about caffeine to avoid dehydration since keeping fluids and Proteins in check are the priority.

I miss my coffee so much and am counting the days until my first cup. Did anyone have problems with coffee when they started drinking it again?

My doc let me have coffee from day 1. He said that it wouldn't hurt me as long as I add a sugar substitute and lite, non dairy creamer. I love my coffee... I am only able to sip 1/4 of a small coffee cup though. Oh, I was sleeved Oct 4th. Good luck!

The rationale given to me about not having anything caffeinated was, caffiene can cause gastric ulcers?? I'm not so sure about that and besides, it would have to be very corrosive coffee and a lot of it... Go figure.

I am not so sure about gastric ulcers as have been caffeinated from about 5 weeks until now at 10 weeks. I enjoy having 1 cup of coffee a day, sometimes not every day, with Splenda. Another hot drink I enjoy is hot sugar free apple cider with sugar free caramel. Hits the spot and only at 15 calories. Now that we are moving into cold months and I am generally colder after losing layers, I need something to warm me up inside. Hot Tea works for some folks I am sure.

I miss my coffee so much and am counting the days until my first cup. Did anyone have problems with coffee when they started drinking it again?

I actually hv problems w liquid intake. Its been an ongoing struggle since surgery. Last week I just started back on coffee & hv absolutely no problems with it. I hv always drank mine black too. I was sleeved July 16th. I personally made myself wait. The doctor never told me I couldnt hv it, it was just a preference for me.