Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a quick question if anyone could help me out that would be awesome :)

I have natural curly hair, for the most part it has always been on the coarse side and is dry and frizzy, it seems like since surgery it has gotten even dryer. I usually will put in some type of cream or gel in my hair and scrunch it and let it air dry, even when I put products in it after my hair has air dried it is still so dry and brittle looking, it looks like I didn't put anything in it, its driving me crazy!

Can anyone recommend any good products that they think would help? I would really appreciate any help, thanks <3

I have naturally curly hair, too. I'm only 7 weeks out, so I'm not sure that I'm seeing changes yet... but I've read about doing a treatment with coconut oil. I've yet to determine if this is a recommendation from the coconut board to sell more oil, or if it really works. Worth a try, I suppose.

If there's a Sally's near you...I suggest "Ion Repair Solutions" night repair. It says overnight repair, but I use it weekly after I get out of the shower. You just put a pump or two in your hand and massage it through your hair. No rinsing. I have curly hair that seems to get dryer as I age. This product has made my hair feel great again!

I have very curly hair too so I know what you mean. I straighten it a lot but when I wear it curly it gets really dry really fast. A few things that have worked for me, a product called WEN. If you've ever been up late and night and randomly came across one of those infomercials for it lol, I was very skeptical but my aunt recomended it to me and I tried it and it definitly restored a lot of moisture to my hair. I basically damaged the heck out of my hair by bleaching it for over a year which killed my curl and left my hair like STRAW. The WEN helped quite a bit, especially the leave in conditioner that comes with it, so check out their product line if you can.

And something else that I LOVE LOVE LOVE and really can't live with out, especially when wearing my hair curly is a product called Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy from Organix. You can find it in the drug store in the hair care isle- its a little brown bottle and its SO good. It just makes my hair soft and silky. You use it right after the shower on towel dry hair and it just makes it SO soft and shiny. I think it might be intended for when your straightening your hair, but I used it even when I'm not because it makes my curls look awesome.

Do you deep condition it? That will work. The truth is that we curlies have to work harder at maintain moisture. It's just the facts of life.

I have very dry, super thin, curly/wavy hair, that falls out in a men's balding pattern. It really stinks! It's pretty long, so you can't tell all that much at first.

Mine got thinner and stayed thinner because of the hundreds of pounds I have gained and lost over the years. First, I use Pert or Prell to wash out the oils that seem to pile up so much on my hair, and then I use Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo can be used quite sparingly, and the conditioner, I largely put right in the front on the top of my head and spread it out from there onto the scalp. I massage a little, let it sit on top of my head and then use Herbal Essence pink bottle...color me simple I thin it is...on the ends of my hair and work to the top, and let it all sit while I do the rest of the shower. Sometimes, instead of that conditioner, I will use Pantene's conditioner that they have for Black women, or I will follow one up with the other, then rinse it. After that, especially now, I will use Ion's shine oil...just a teeny bit on the ends where it's really in need of care, and work it up...but not too much toward the scalp because it's an oil that will make me have to wash my hair again. I also use an Ion cream for curly hair...it's a white tube with green writing....and only a little...it isn't greasy and makes the curls pop more. Sometimes I spray my hair a little after the shower with Johnson and Johnson detangler after I put the Ion oil on the ends, and that helps too...especially after being layed up and not able to take as many showers...the hair gets knotted up a bit.

I also bought a product called Foltene from a discount store. I don't know if it works, but it can't help and isn't greasy, so I use that too.

I always wanted to try that Wen. However, Morroccan oil and Argon oil absolutely do nothing for my hair but grease it up. Your hair doesn't look too fine, so maybe it will work for you, but if it is fine, I'd buy a sample and try that before making the investment on a larger bottle.

I'm a collegiate swimmer/water polo player and my team and I have come to one conclusion- Sally Beauty Supply and it's Generic's line is a god send. Specifically we ALL use GVP Smoothing Serum - Compare To Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, (http://www.sallybeauty.com/smoothing-serum/SBS-264130,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH) and several of their other off brand- they are just as good if not better and a fraction of the price. We have to wash our hair 2 to 3x's a day which is horrific and leave to seriously damaged/dry hair, these products can be found on any female at any time on our team :)

Here's some general ones we use too for shampoos and conditioners: http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/Search-Show?prefn1=brand&prefv1=GVP&start=0&sz=48

I'm a hairdresser Moroccan oil is awesome! Also alterna curl Cree rocks! It leaves the hair soft unlike gel and eliminates frizz! It's the best product I have found for curly hair!

I have thick curly hair and I really like the ouidad line..it tames and shapes my curls. Its sulfate free (which is extremely important for us). I used the leavin in moisture lock conditioner and the humid and frizz control gel. There is also a 12minute deep treatment thats good to use once a week at least for a month and then once a month after.

For what ever product you choose try your best to stay away from sulfate. (in your Shampoo and conditioner too)

Good luck! :)

I have crazy curly/kinky hair, it is long and it is fairly fine and dry dry dry. I stopped using Shampoo years ago (except after swimming in chlorine) - "wash" with a product that is more like a conditioner.

I use an amazing leave in conditioner/detangler called "mixed chicks" that I buy at Karin's beauty supply. I top it off with a tad of that Morracan oil. This has helped my hair alot. My hair is soft, but I get nice defined curls with no frizz

I lost alot of hair in this WLS process, my hair is actually now easier to manage as i think my hair was too thick before.

I did a deep cond. treatment on my daughter of olive oil and conditioner mixed. It worked wonders. Look it up. Some people's hair hates Protein and with WLS that's what we get most of!