Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Has anyone found themselves to be freezing cold all the time? I am 2 weeks post op and down total 31 pounds since oct 11 (pre op diet included). I used to be hot all the time or comfortable. Just not used to being cold I guess.

Day 11 post-op, still on full liquids. Tried broccoli and cheese Soup blenderized with some canned chicken chunks! Not too bad, ALMOST felt like I was having a chicken with broccoli and cheese dinner. So weird what our NEW normal is...

Has anyone found themselves to be freezing cold all the time? I am 2 weeks post op and down total 31 pounds since oct 11 (pre op diet included). I used to be hot all the time or comfortable. Just not used to being cold I guess.

My nutritionist said that being cold after surgery is very normal. I have experienced it yet, but will be glad when I do cuz I'm always hot.

Hello all, I deserted for quite a bit but thought I'd check in. I was sleeved on 10/29, the start of the hurricane here in NJ. I don't really remember the day well, the anesthesia really knocked it out of me. Because of the storm, I had no one with me at the hospital. Hubby came and waited until I was in my room. Then 2 of my daughters stopped up for a bit. He came back that afternoon but by the time he got back, the hospital was asking visitors to start to leave due to the storm. I mostly slept.

Monday night, into Tuesday I had the worst dry heaves EVER! I was sure I was going to rip something. Tuesday was the leak test and I swear the stuff they gave me to drink was bile. :( Luckily I only had to do 2-3 sips.

They let me go home tuesday afternoon. I was nauseous all day from the UGI. I've never had a drop of pain and like someone else posted, I wondered if they just punched holes but didn't really do anything.

My surgeon said, No Vitamins and NO Protein until I see him at my post-op appt. That confused me because up until that moment, all I heard was Protein, protein, Vitamins forever! =/

Still, I'm learning. I've found that my stomach gurgles when it's trying to tell me I'm full. This happens after a few sips in a row. I'm never hungry (but then I didn't get fat because I ate when I was hungry... I ate when I wasn't) I LOVE peppermint tea. I have at least 2 cups per day and it helps to calm the demon sleeve.

I confess that I'm afraid this won't work, eventhough I can already see and feel a change.

at my pre-op clearance on 10/16 I was 223. Now less than 20days later, I'm at 200. I see the surgeon on Tuesday to go over the operation, the game plan, and to be released back to work. Being home is making me crazy.

I'm glad to see that most of us have gotten through with only minor issues. Good Luck and God Bless. :)

Hello all' date=' I deserted for quite a bit but thought I'd check in. I was sleeved on 10/29, the start of the hurricane here in NJ. I don't really remember the day well, the anesthesia really knocked it out of me. Because of the storm, I had no one with me at the hospital. Hubby came and waited until I was in my room. Then 2 of my daughters stopped up for a bit. He came back that afternoon but by the time he got back, the hospital was asking visitors to start to leave due to the storm. I mostly slept.

Monday night, into Tuesday I had the worst dry heaves EVER! I was sure I was going to rip something. Tuesday was the leak test and I swear the stuff they gave me to drink was bile. :( Luckily I only had to do 2-3 sips.

They let me go home tuesday afternoon. I was nauseous all day from the UGI. I've never had a drop of pain and like someone else posted, I wondered if they just punched holes but didn't really do anything.

My surgeon said, No Vitamins and NO Protein until I see him at my post-op appt. That confused me because up until that moment, all I heard was Protein, protein, Vitamins forever! =/

Still, I'm learning. I've found that my stomach gurgles when it's trying to tell me I'm full. This happens after a few sips in a row. I'm never hungry (but then I didn't get fat because I ate when I was hungry... I ate when I wasn't) I LOVE peppermint tea. I have at least 2 cups per day and it helps to calm the demon sleeve.

I confess that I'm afraid this won't work, eventhough I can already see and feel a change.

at my pre-op clearance on 10/16 I was 223. Now less than 20days later, I'm at 200. I see the surgeon on Tuesday to go over the operation, the game plan, and to be released back to work. Being home is making me crazy.

I'm glad to see that most of us have gotten through with only minor issues. Good Luck and God Bless. :)[/quote']

Hi Tammy. I can't imagine how scary it would've been to be in the hospital during the hurricane! I'm glad you're safe and doing so well.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm back!!

Well, my friends I am back from the Super Storm Sandy Aftermath. I had no power, heat, Water, phone, cable or internet for a week. Got it all back yesterday TG! It was rough, with 4 kids at home. We had a generator for the fridge, lamps, and hot plate, and the dvd player, bit our well pump is hardwired and we had no Water. Shlepping 10-20 gallons of water a day just to wash dishes and flush potties. Oh god.. I had two gigantic trees (40 and 60 foot spruces) fall on each of my properties. one on my garage, and one on my deck. Not near as bad as family in Jersey. My daughter was evacuated from her NYU housing, with no ability to go anywhere because of flooded train tracks. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

In the meantime, I have lost 23 pounds since my Oct 3 surgery, 43 pounds in all and My body is in Onederland!!!! 199 pounds today!!!

Still having issues with stopping before I am full. Made myself sick these past 2 days. I just love the taste of food and it is so hard to stop myself. I don't chew well enough either. I am having a problem with my gums bleeding, pretty sure its low Vitamin c. I am awful about remembering to take my Vitamins, especially after this mess. I am glad I am back, for some support and pushing to do the right thing.

My husband in front of half of the tree that fell on my deck.

Done Did It!

post-33539-1381366078676_thumb.jpg

Well it's my 1 week Post-Op update.... I was sleeved on Oct. 30th. I can't believe I'm on this side of the losers bench and can now report here!!!!

Highest Weight = 256.8

Surgery Weight = 247

1 week Post-Op = 239.6

That's 17 lbs lost in two weeks!!! YAY!!!! I'm so happy I did this! Trying to get my liquids and Protein in... kind of a struggle but not too bad. I can start my Full liquid diet today, which means, Protein drinks, yogurt, cream Soups, sf popsicles, sf pudding, etc.

I made dinner for my family last night and I actually did really well with it and didn't run away crying that I couldn't eat with them LOL!! :P I'm also back at work, it's just a desk job, I feel good, just a little tired and the incisions are a little achy but other that I'm doing really well!!!

Just wanted to say Hi to all my "losers bench" friends!!!

Is anyone else on blood pressure medication? I'm starting g to think that maybe mine needs to be adjusted already as I'm kind of shaky and weak after ANY exertion at all!

Has anyone had to adjust their medication already?

Is anyone else on blood pressure medication? I'm starting g to think that maybe mine needs to be adjusted already as I'm kind of shaky and weak after ANY exertion at all!

Has anyone had to adjust their medication already?

Yes! I'm already taking half what I took pre surgery and I am only one month out.

14 days post-op, with 7 more days of full liquids to go (per Dr.) and I am going crazy! I am starting to have crazy food cravings. I tried blenderizing some canned chili with cottage cheese and a bit of sour cream. NO WAY will that work, its too spicy for my new pouch. :(

I must respect the pouch....

14 days post-op' date=' with 7 more days of full liquids to go (per Dr.) and I am going crazy! I am starting to have crazy food cravings. I tried blenderizing some canned chili with cottage cheese and a bit of sour cream. NO WAY will that work, its too spicy for my new pouch. :(

I must respect the pouch....[/quote']

Yea. You will find there is a lot you can't handle. I became lactose intolerant and vomit every time I have eggs. Dairy products are my favorite so hoping the doc approves lactaid pills.

Had my first post op apt yesterday and it was the first time I got on the scale since the weighed me before surgery and I'm down 23lbs since my 10/16 surgery! With my preop I'm down 36lbs!!! I'm now able to eat most foods and can start going to the gym in one more week. Best thing I've ever done!!!