Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

I had my surgery 10/5 didn't have much gas pain or other pain for that matter in the hospital, but once I got home everything hit me at once. I felt like I had every symptoms for every major concern after this kind of surgery. Even had a regret cry for getting surgery and being selfish because it was my daughter's birthday weekend. I prayed and asked God to not let me die with my daughter laying next to me. I mean took myself through the ringer, but I felt better after crying.

On another note, I have been having crazy gas pain all in my back, under my chest bone area and on the side where the drainage hose was. Is it normal to still be having gas pains like this? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do to make it go away?

I know. I was surprised. It is just so different here. I don't even do Protein Shakes. It is different and has been effective with their patients. She told me she knew I had been reading a bunch on the internet LOL' date='

That 23lbs includes my pre-op diet weight. But I gained like 7# in the hospital with all the fluids pumped in my body. But I am sure my husband is going to hide my scale to night. I will not know my weight until my next appointment. I need to break the a habit anyway!

How are you feeling?

Edit to add: Thank you![/quote']

So happy for you! I ma 8 days out and having my first post op appt today. Feel great, painting walls in my house, getting ready to move. I will be back to work on Monday. I had my last isopuke yesterday. Will be starting my shakes and yogurt and puddings today. Yumyum. I have lost 28 pounds since sept 10. About 19 since starting my pre op diet. And about 8 since surgery. I am happy with this. :)

Hey everone had mines Oct 4th and im having a problem eating. At first I was always hungry now i never want to eat. I cant get my Protein Shakes down and havent had one in over three days... Any suggestions??

Yea, the nurse lady n discharge girl came in n said well they are gonna talk to my dr and see what he says n that it's still only 10:45am and I can change how I feel :( they really don't care how I feel I told her that I dnt feel well, I don't even have a appatete or thirsty :( yesterday I was fine :( I dnt wanna go home :(

Tiffani - I hope you feel better soon. Just keep telling the nurses that you have nausea and lots of pain. Don't be afraid in beep the nurses station and ask for pain meds. I am not pushing them, but they really helped me. They will let you know if its too soon to have more meds. Did you bring any Gas X strips with you to the hospital? I did and I didn't ask if I could use them...I just used them when I needed them and they worked!! I think you said you are Buff Gen....I had RN's Stephanie and Veronica and they were wonderful!! I know how hard this is...and how painful...but you have to WALK. Thats the only way to get the gas out. Hang in there honey...it gets easier.

I have no drains at all, I'm walking, coughing ad using the blue suck in thingy, the pain is so going through my whole right side when I breathe in, it's horrific! It's not that I have a problem drinking I can drink its just it hurts when I do, if that makes since, they Hear my stomach they hear a little bit of stuff but not much, whatever that means they didn't tell me what they heard, I'm still on dalatid and loratab liquid for me to go home I gotta be off the dalatid totally but I get so uncomfortable and hurting that the dalatid is what keeps me comfortable ad helps me sleep! I don't know what's going to happen today I'm honestly not ready to go home but it's all up to the nurse, and I just want something to help with the gas!!!!

I'm no doc but after I had my gallbladder out (10yrs ago), I had leg cramps etc. and they said anesthesia side effect blah blah...then I had chest pain and they said gas. I kept walking. That started on a monday. By friday I was back admitted for a pulmonary embolism. We thought I was have an asthma flare up.

Be safe... ask what the risk is that it's a PE. Don't go home in pain like that. They can call the insurance company for "concurrent review" and keep you admitted.

Feel better...sending hugs and prayers your way.

So here's the deal, they are going to keep me another night, and he's gonna order a cat scan to check or blood clots, a d keep my hydrated through IV

So here's the deal, they are going to keep me another night, and he's gonna order a cat scan to check or blood clots, a d keep my hydrated through IV

it's for the best. I hope it's a CTA or even a VQ scan but all will be well. More hugs... little light non painful ones.

I was sleeved on mon 10/8 and came home yesterday. Ive been focusing on getting my fluids in cant reaally get alot of Protein in yet. Eating a littlr cream of wheat and thinned vanilla yogurt. My biggest problem is headache pain. I have sleep apnea and use my cpap. But even in daytime when my loritab wears off i have bad headache. Honestly this would be a breeze if i didnt have headaches. Anyone else have them? Is it possibly from the CO2 they use?

So here's the deal' date=' they are going to keep me another night, and he's gonna order a cat scan to check or blood clots, a d keep my hydrated through IV[/quote']

This is good. Better to be safe and of course the extra hydration is always good. I hope for the best for you. Hope u feel better soon. For now just rest as best as u can.

I had my surgery 10/5 didn't have much gas pain or other pain for that matter in the hospital' date=' but once I got home everything hit me at once. I felt like I had every symptoms for every major concern after this kind of surgery. Even had a regret cry for getting surgery and being selfish because it was my daughter's birthday weekend. I prayed and asked God to not let me die with my daughter laying next to me. I mean took myself through the ringer, but I felt better after crying.

On another note, I have been having crazy gas pain all in my back, under my chest bone area and on the side where the drainage hose was. Is it normal to still be having gas pains like this? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do to make it go away?[/quote']

I ate gasx strips (no more thsn 8 per day) and got up for short walks alot and didnt have too much gas pain. I really think the strips help.

I was sleeved on mon 10/8 and came home yesterday. Ive been focusing on getting my fluids in cant reaally get alot of Protein in yet. Eating a littlr cream of wheat and thinned vanilla yogurt. My biggest problem is headache pain. I have sleep apnea and use my cpap. But even in daytime when my loritab wears off i have bad headache. Honestly this would be a breeze if i didnt have headaches. Anyone else have them? Is it possibly from the CO2 they use?

None stop. I'm hydrated and now eating more so isn't from hunger. I'm thinking it's sort of from sugar withdrawal. Or who knows. But that is my only pain

Hey October Sleevers!!! I am an April sleever myself and just was checking in on some of the various groups to see how you all are doing. I can tell you that the pain will get better, so hang in there. As far as the headaches go, pain medication can actually give you headaches. If you really don't need the pain meds, try some liquid Tylenol instead and see if the head pain eases up. Of course, follow your doctor’s orders first. Anything I put here are only suggestions for what worked for me. I could not get down Water for the longest time. I mean, plain water. I still can only drink so much of it. My go to for fluids are sugar free popsicles (I should buy stock!!!), low calorie Gatorade. It only has 30 calories in 12 oz. and you need some calories and you surly need the fluids. I had better luck with it than almost any other drink product. It also put my electrolytes back in balance, a real plus as my heart would race some times. Had it checked out, no heart issues, just low fluids and the electrolytes being off.

Start slow on the foods, don't rush anything. Head hunger is normal. I still go through periods where I know I am not hungry, but I "feel" hungry. Other days, I could forget to eat at all. I just now have my calorie intake back up to 700 to 800 calories a day. Once I got on solid foods, I was at 550 to 650 for the longest time.

As far as Protein Drinks, the only one that I can stand even to this day is Premier Protein - chocolate. 30g of Protein in 11 oz. of Fluid (I buy it at Sams Club). I wish you all the best of luck and to those that are yet to be sleeved, my thoughts are with you. Hang in there everyone!!! Talking to others who are sleeved during the same month is a real plus. Enjoy the journey.

Yea' date=' the nurse lady n discharge girl came in n said well they are gonna talk to my dr and see what he says n that it's still only 10:45am and I can change how I feel :( they really don't care how I feel I told her that I dnt feel well, I don't even have a appatete or thirsty :( yesterday I was fine :( I dnt wanna go home :([/quote']

I was afraid to go home and ended up staying almost a week. But once I got home I wished I had come sooner. Resting in your own environment will help. As long as your not having any medical issues that are problems you will be ok. You can rest at home in your night gown. Eat and drink what you can. They will send you home with good pain meds. Just don't worry so much.

Hey October Sleevers!!! I am an April sleever myself and just was checking in on some of the various groups to see how you all are doing. I can tell you that the pain will get better' date=' so hang in there. As far as the headaches go, pain medication can actually give you headaches. If you really don't need the pain meds, try some liquid Tylenol instead and see if the head pain eases up. Of course, follow your doctor’s orders first. Anything I put here are only suggestions for what worked for me. I could not get down Water for the longest time. I mean, plain Water. I still can only drink so much of it. My go to for fluids are sugar free popsicles (I should buy stock!!!), low calorie Gatorade. It only has 30 calories in 12 oz. and you need some calories and you surly need the fluids. I had better luck with it than almost any other drink product. It also put my electrolytes back in balance, a real plus as my heart would race some times. Had it checked out, no heart issues, just low fluids and the electrolytes being off.

Start slow on the foods, don't rush anything. Head hunger is normal. I still go through periods where I know I am not hungry, but I "feel" hungry. Other days, I could forget to eat at all. I just now have my calorie intake back up to 700 to 800 calories a day. Once I got on solid foods, I was at 550 to 650 for the longest time.

As far as Protein drinks, the only one that I can stand even to this day is Premier Protein - chocolate. 30g of Protein in 11 oz. of Fluid (I buy it at Sams Club). I wish you all the best of luck and to those that are yet to be sleeved, my thoughts are with you. Hang in there everyone!!! Talking to others who are sleeved during the same month is a real plus. Enjoy the journey.[/quote']

Thank you for this. I thought of the possibility of it being from pain meds too. I will switch to only the tylenol to see if that helps. Im not having too much pain to require loritab....only bad headache. I have mild gas pain that comes and goes but not bad. Thsnks also for the tip on the light gatorade. Im gonna get my DH to get me some to try. Im so glad to have this forum!