Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved aug. 21, have has a few complications, but I'm getting treatment. Two things that does not seem to go away are the nasty taste in my mouth and the cramps/sour stomach feeling....anyone else go thru this? The cramps/sour stomach really bother me, surgeon tells me it's part of the healing process, but I'm getting soooooooo discouraged!

I have the yucky mouth taste too! It is better if I drink something, but not everything tastes "right". Even my Jello will have an off taste some days. And Water, jeez! Tap is awful and I can tell a difference between different bottled brands! My tummy is more of a "rolling" than sour, seems worse if I haven't put anything in it for awhile. I am 7 days out, you?

Oops, saw you are over a month out! What are you able to eat?

I am right at 2 months out and my tastes are starting to come back. Certain flavors of crystal light I found bland and nasty a few days post op have started tasting like they are suppose to, or more like before surgery. The cramps I had a little of and my doc prescribed Hycosamine and that helped tremendously. I'm not sure your case is like mine but maybe something to look into.

Good luck!

Yes on the taste!!! I used to be able to drink tap, but it tastes like metal! I do notice that the cramps get worst with time if I don't eat, but still get cramps even if I eat! Sucks!! I can't get much down, a spoonful or so, I'm soooo annoyed

Sounds like your cramps are part of your healing process. Give it another couple weeks & hopefully you will be feeling better.

I'm glad stuff will soon taste "normal". I miss Water, lol!

***UPDATE***

So this whole cramp/sour stomach thing landed me a 4 night stay at the hospital. Vomited 5 times on Friday!! I'm sooo discouraged and regretful! Finally came home last night, but the sour stomach is still here. I really hope to feel better soon!

I hope everything has turned out OK for you. I am scheudled for Jan 11 with Dr. Strom. How did you find them and did you have any issues or concerns.

Absolutley loooooooooove Dr. Strom!!! They my ordeal (which was not sleeve related) he has been awesome. His entire staff is great. He has been so concerned and extremely helpful. I would recommend him any day. I found him thru my insurance and went to the seminar.

***UPDATE***

Soooo after another trip to the hospital and an 8 day stay, I'm finally home, with a picc line and on TPN, I'm hooked to it now for just 12 hrs, but started at 20 hrs. Dr. Found that the problem was the blood clot, which apparently had been there for some time, and it damaged my liver. But thank God almighty the blot clot has opened and the liver is recuperating. The sour stomach/vomiting was because of that. I no longer regret my sleeve, now I am thankful, is it wasn't for the surgery I would have never known about the clot, I could have had my liver completely shut down, I could have died. I'm back on track, I'm getting better and best of all I'm smiling again.

Thanks so much for your reply about Dr. Strom. I am glad you are feeling better and I hope it only continues to get better for you.

I am new to this thread and more importantly this site. I am actually 2 years post op as of today I think. I feel bad that I have not been in here to support others. I also may have a major regret of not checking the blogs to see what is normal vs. abnormal.

With that being said I have had issues with food since the beginning. I thought it was sugar, I don't mean ice cream & candy sugar, but any food or drink with more than 15grams a serving. I ate it and up it came. This would even include the Protein Shakes. I could manage on dry & bland. Now I am basically skin and bones 127# from 240#. It sounds great but I can't eat anything now. It all comes up. The sour (kinda metallic taste) in my mouth started about two weeks ago. This is also when the nothing staying down started.

How did you get the hospital to check for the blood clot, where there other things they were checking for? My surgeon has been absolutely no follow up help. With it being the holidays I am not even sure whether I should wait to get into see a gastrointestinal dr or just go to the ER. I am already pretty weak so the ER does sound the best idea, but with ER doctors you never know how much they will look into something.

I am hoping you can help me with some more information about what you went through so I can push for the help I know I need.

To anyone that reads this, I do not regret my surgery. I wondered the first couple of days after the surgery what I had gotten myself into but once that passed I have never looked back. This surgery saved my life. The issues I have now are most likely my own, and not normal.

I would appreciate anyone that may have information to help me get my issues fixed. I am in the Houston area.

Lana- the metallic taste could be your body in ketosis. Can you up your carb intake? I'm not sure I understand your situation though....have you felt crappy for 2 years? Did something suddenly change? Can you find a bariatric doc that can see you? Have you been having your follow-up bloodwork these past 2 years?

That is soooooo great to hear! I always say things happen for a reason!