Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I KNOW THIS WAS MY CHOICE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THIS **** IS FOR THE BIRDS I WAS SLEEVED SEPT 24TH I AM WEAK I FEEL LIKE **** I CAN BARELY GET Water OR ANY TYPE OF liquids DOWN WITHOUT MY STOMACH FEELING LIKE I BEEN KICKED IN IT I TRIED SOME pureed food LIKE MY DOC SUGGESTED AND GUESS WHAT THE SAME FEELING LIKE SOMEBODY KICKED ME WHEN IT GOES DOWN WTF AM I NOT SUPPOSE TO EAT ANYTHING THIS FEELING SUCKS THEN I HAVE TO KEEP SIPPING SIP SIP SIP IM TIRED OF f**king SIPPING IM THIRSTY I WANT TO DRINK AND EVEN WHEN I SIP ON THE WATER HITS MY STOMACH IT HURTS SO NEEDLESS TO SAY EATING AND DRINKING ARE LIKE A CHORE I WAS HAPPY FAT I ATE WHAT I WANTED WHEN I WANTED AND DRANK HOW MUCH I WANTED WITHOUT THE PAIN JUST A SIP OF WATER HURTS A SIP OF juice HURTS MAKES AN UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING IN MY STOMACH TO THE POINT WHERE I SAY f**k IT AND DON'T EAT OR DRINK AGAIN IM MISERABLE I WANT A f**king PEPSI AND A CORNEDBEEF SANDWICH AND I WANT TO EAT IT WITHOUT MY STOMACH FEELING LIKE SOMEBODY KICKED MY ASS.......IM SORRY THIS RANT IS AWFUL BUT DAMN MAN I FEEL AWFUL :angry:

I am really sorry you are having these issues.. have you talked to your doctor?

Hang in there! Everyone feels like crap initially. It will get better. Keep following the plan.

Thats only a week ago, give it some time. You should probably not be eating food yet anyway.

If it is OK with the doc, try some children's liquid tylenol, see if it takes the edge off.

Some people stay very raw and irritated for awhile.

Is your Water source from tap? You may want to try different Water sources and even different temperatures...sometimes cold helped, and sometimes warmth was the answer. It varies.

Hope it is better soon.

I hear ya!!! I want to eat some real food.. I'm almost 2weeks out and can drink but I'm still so thirsty my mouth is never wet my skin is drying out I want to eat some subway and a salad .. when something taste good I'd like to enjoy it instead of lick the spoon and forget about it.. I know it gets better my mother in law did this 2yrs ago and she can eat to a point.. but damn do I really have to wait 2yrs to have a normal life again..or somewhat normal

Sorry you are going through this, it will get easier, I know everyone says that, and at this time you wont believe it, but it does!

When I was first sleeved I was in the same boat as you when it came to fluids, I thought "Great I can barely get down liquid, is this how its going to be for the rest of my life??" Your stomach is still swollen, once it goes down things will get easier, I can now basicly drink liquids like I did pre-op.

I'm going to use tough love here. First, if you were that happy fat-why did you have the surgery? Secondly, your goal weight of 165 will NOT happen with that kind of attitude. Does your Dr not have an aftercare support group? Have you gone & seen him & told him what is going on? I found out I am allergic to whey Protein & it has made it difficult to get my protein in as the alternatives don't taste that great-but ya know what? I went into this knowing it was NOT a quick fix...that I would need to change my eating habits & my thoughts about food for the rest of my life. I was ready! It sounds like you are not mentally prepared for this. Are you sure your sips are sips & not gulps? Make sure the liquids aren't ice cold. Make sure you are taking small bites & taking 30 min to eat. No liquids 30 min before or until 30 min after. These instructions make a difference in how it feels to your stomach. It takes 4-6 weeks for your stomach to heal. In the meantime, it is inflamed, so adding things to it is going to hurt a little but it shouldn't hurt that much. Again, make sure your Dr is aware of the issues you are having & make sure he takes them seriously. You CAN do this if you really want it!!!! I wish you the best of luck.

I had no problems at all except the whey allergy. First day home from the hospital, I got my 64 oz of Water in & my 70-80 g of protein. No pain, no heartburn.

Wow why are you yelling at us? Like shewolf asks did you not do your research before you had the surgery. Regardless, THERE IS NO TRUNING BACK NOW!! You need to get a grip and take full advantage of this time to lose weight. It may not be an easy road, which I sense it is not for you, but you have no choice at this point. I agree you need a support group or your surgeon to get you on the right track. Your eating life will NEVER be the same, so mourn its' loss but MOVE ON!

Why have u done this if u was happy bigger? This is only a tool and not a magic wand to take all the food demons away is the bigger picture u have to work hard

The first two weeks are the worst... it WILL get better. Remember why you did this in the first place. It's not the easy choice, but it's a good choice. Yep, recovery SUCKS. Getting used to eating less is not easy... but give it a month, give it two months... you will be AMAZED at how much better you feel. There will days that you forget you were sleeved.. until you have a meal and get full with just a small amount of food. But then you will be satisfied. You will have had just a few bites of that corned beef sandwich that you so desire... you will have enjoyed it... and you will be full and happy. Hang in there!!!!

I know you are frustrated, but you are only a week out from surgery. This early in the process, you will definitely have some discomfort. You just need to grin and bare it for awhile. I promise you, it will get better. I don't really believe you were happy when you were fat, at least not that happy. Otherwise, you wouldn't have decided to get sleeved in the first place. You might not be able to eat the way you want to, but soon your weight will start melting away and you'll remember why you did this in the first place. The sacrifices are worth it. Hang in there.

Wow why are you yelling at us? Like shewolf asks did you not do your research before you had the surgery. Regardless' date=' THERE IS NO TRUNING BACK NOW!! You need to get a grip and take full advantage of this time to lose weight. It may not be an easy road, which I sense it is not for you, but you have no choice at this point. I agree you need a support group or your surgeon to get you on the right track. Your eating life will NEVER be the same, so mourn its' loss but MOVE ON![/quote']

I'm not really sure why you or anyone else is passing judgment on this post. Clearly OP is frustrated and I read that post and put myself in a room full of us and listened as though we actually heard the frustration.

This forum IS a form of support and if you don't want to do that- don't reply by chastising someone. To take a post so personally is not only ridiculous- but rude and insensitive.

No it's not ur decision ur choice and yes this is a forum to vent anything u wish but some of us want a new life we know its not easy but we are doing it to make our lives better xx

**HUGS** No fun!!! I am sorry to hear things are so challenging right now!!! Sending positive thoughts your way! I hope things start to look up soon!!!

Hang in there. We all heal differently and I'm sure you will feel better in a few weeks. Lean on us on here- we will support you :)