Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aetna Sleevers - Share Your Approval And/or Denial Experiences Here!

Yeah' date=' its sounds like we should be sleeved about the same time, can't wait:)[/quote']

Cool keep me updated!!

I'm new to all of this posting stuff so you'll have to pardon me but I felt like you all could alleviate some of my anxiety! The dr's office sent in all of my paperwork to Aetna on 11/21 and my "clinicals" we're sent by fax on this past Thursday, 11/29, which not many people have actually talked about. Aetna said now that they have the clinicals it should only be a day or two before they make their decision...which is where my anxiety lies! I hope it's a YES!!!! Also, my dr has actually scheduled my pre-op for 12/06...but no word on when my surgery might be if the insurance company even says yes...I'm nervous and anxious!

Hi nailsbyniki! The waiting game is awful!!! As for as the clinicals being submitted to insurance, I think when most of us say that paperwork was sent to Aetna that the dr sent everything all at once. I cant speak for all, I just know mine wouldnt send it till everything was in hand.... I am unfortunately stuck waiting cause they needed further weight documentation, but otherwise Aetna seems to have a pretty quick turn around time. I would call aetna and just check on the status and they are always so helpful in keeping you updated.

I don't think that they call everyone once approved, some people seem to just get the approval letter in the mail so that might take an extra day or two.

Good luck and congrats!

For sure call. Every day. On a Wednesday I was told to call back the next week. Called Thursday and I was approved!

I'm new to all of this posting stuff so you'll have to pardon me but I felt like you all could alleviate some of my anxiety! The dr's office sent in all of my paperwork to Aetna on 11/21 and my "clinicals" we're sent by fax on this past Thursday' date=' 11/29, which not many people have actually talked about. Aetna said now that they have the clinicals it should only be a day or two before they make their decision...which is where my anxiety lies! I hope it's a YES!!!! Also, my dr has actually scheduled my pre-op for 12/06...but no word on when my surgery might be if the insurance company even says yes...I'm nervous and anxious![/quote']

You should call and check, usually they wouldnt schedule for pre-op without being approved.Your surgery should be sometime this Dec. bc pre-op prepares you for the surgery (liquid diet etc..). Good luck!!! Aetna works pretty fast:)

I got my surgery date!!!! 12/28/2012 so excited!! Pre op liquid starts on 12/14/2012. Going to grocery store for sugar free popsicles and Jello this week chicken broth and poweraid zero. When I go to the dr this week for my pre opt appointment I will be buying my Meal Replacement shakes!!!

Congrats to you!!!! So happy for you but so envious too! I called today and mine is still pending even though my pre-op is Wednesday! Ugh! I'm so frustrated with waiting...and I know patience is a virtue!

Congrats to you!!!! So happy for you but so envious too! I called today and mine is still pending even though my pre-op is Wednesday! Ugh! I'm so frustrated with waiting...and I know patience is a virtue!

Yes I understand I was originally denied I got approved on appeal... I prayed and I asked god you know if this isnt for me then so be it. I would just have to work harder. And I left it with him. Less then 24 hours later they called me and said I was approved. Dont worry just pray and leavint with god whats for you is FOR YOU!!!

Yes I always have a problem with "letting go and letting God"! I need to do that in this case for sure or it will drive me crazy! I resolve to do that now. Thank you for the advice and reminding me that it's what's in His plan!

I got my surgery date!!!! 12/28/2012 so excited!! Pre op liquid starts on 12/14/2012. Going to grocery store for sugar free popsicles and Jello this week chicken broth and poweraid zero. When I go to the dr this week for my pre opt appointment I will be buying my meal replacement shakes!!!

Finally,everything is working out,so happy for you:) On to the next phase,now it seems like everything is coming up so fast.

Good morning...Unfortunately I found this post to late and I can't hang around to write a long response. I have Aetna, had the BMI, Co-Morbidities and yet was denied. I did finally win the last appeal. My problem was that I had not maintained the BMI required for a consistent 2 years . I did have 23 years of weight documentation showing my roller coaster of cycling over three year periods. Read my profile.. feel free to ask questions. I was sleeved 12/28/11 and am now just 3.5 lbs from goal. The best thing I've ever done for myself. Good luck!

Ok so now i have good news. My surgeons office got their act together and submitted my paperwork on 11/30. I called Aetna to confirm and they infact have the paperwork. The Nurse even told me that I was next in line to be reviewed. Soooooo... Fingers crossed everyone! Hopefully i will hear something by the end of the week. Honestly, if it takes another 2 weks im fine with it. I am just glad it made it to its destination.

Finally' date='everything is working out,so happy for you:) On to the next phase,now it seems like everything is coming up so fast.[/quote']

Ikr im like dang lol but im so happy!! Cant wait until that date! Have you heard anything yet.

PRAISE GOD, I BEEN APPROVED! Now I just need to finalize a date :)

PRAISE GOD' date=' I BEEN APPROVED! Now I just need to finalize a date :)[/quote']

Yippie!!! Congrats have you got your date yet.