Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's talk about spanx

Wheetsin

I know from searching here that some of you use them, and I have a question for you. We'll have some candid girl talk...

I bought some slacks yesterday and need them Monday so there's no chance I'll be able to have them altered in time. Kind of a good emergency - I bought a bunch of slacks a size too small a few weeks ago thinking I'd be good to go, but when I went to try them on they were already way too big... which means one of those last minute runs to the store again (big business trip next week, meeting with the CLO... can't really get away with my Saggy Baggy Elephant pants). Not being able to have them tailored means compromising on fit - I'm a bit high waisted, and at 5'10 right between the "average" and "tall" sizes. Point being, without having the time to get these altered, I get a bit of "my butt is eating my pants" syndrome. Not bad, but a little wedgie action, unless I wear the pants low on my hips, which is not it terribly comfortable to me, it gives me a bit too low of an inseam in front, and when I wear them low they're about an inch or two too long... just long enough that I can't disguise it with a pair of heels. But all of that is better than walking around with a minor crack attack.

I was mentioning this to a co-worker this morning and she suggested Spanx. She said they'll hide panty lines, and keep your pants out of the places your pants shouldn't be. I saw them a week ago at LB ("power panties") and didn't give them a second thought because they just looked like really expensive panty hose. Is there more to them than hose? And for those of you who use them, will they fix my issue? They'll be well worth it if the answer is "Yes, and yes"...

I bought a bunch of slacks a size too small a few weeks ago thinking I'd be good to go, but when I went to try them on they were already way too big...
I can't help you with my (personal or reading) knowledge of Spanx, but I would like to:

CONGRATULATE YOU

on your terrific weight-loss.

YOU GO, GIRL!!!

Spanx are wonderful!! Dont care for the bra alone its frumpy. If you get the body Spanx you will love it. No bra no panties required. The only mistake I made was I bought mine too big. Its like a compression body suit. Love it!! The thigh high hose are great too!!

Ok ...so your wondering how do I go to the BR. It has a crotch split perfect for voiding. If nature calls and you have to poo then I undress. Somehow the possibility of getting it on me dictates I undress!!

I would not give mine away!! It is the one undergarmet I LOVE!! I use it under skirts too!!

Link to the one I like. Only problem too hot in texas for summer!

http://www.galapagosboutique.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=SPX%2D108 the model is wearing underwear- DONT!!

I wear the capri length Spanx when I am wearing "snug" pants. They definitely should solve your issue of pants going where they shouldn't. The power panties always leave a line across my thighs when I am sitting, that is why I prefer the footless capri length ones. They definitely offer more control then pantyhose.

PS dont get "body wrap" brand it clings and makes clothes appear as though you have something under them where Spanx have perfect amount of lycra- NO CLING!!

I heard Oprah say that Spanx are all she every wears anymore. When she said that I ran out real fast & bought me some. I truly do love them!! It works like a girdle without "feeling" like a girdle. I can still breath & move, but my tummy is still held in. :confused: And yes, it keeps you from getting weggies!!!

I don't wear them everyday, just the days when I have somewhere to go & want to look good. Try some!!

Spanx are the bombiggity! I have the braless Hallelujah bra, the underwear, the tube tob that sucks in the midriff and the footless tights. Luv them! You can get them much cheaper on eBay by the way. Good Luck!

I know from searching here that some of you use them, and I have a question for you. We'll have some candid girl talk...

I bought some slacks yesterday and need them Monday so there's no chance I'll be able to have them altered in time. Kind of a good emergency - I bought a bunch of slacks a size too small a few weeks ago thinking I'd be good to go, but when I went to try them on they were already way too big... which means one of those last minute runs to the store again (big business trip next week, meeting with the CLO... can't really get away with my Saggy Baggy Elephant pants). Not being able to have them tailored means compromising on fit - I'm a bit high waisted, and at 5'10 right between the "average" and "tall" sizes. Point being, without having the time to get these altered, I get a bit of "my butt is eating my pants" syndrome. Not bad, but a little wedgie action, unless I wear the pants low on my hips, which is not it terribly comfortable to me, it gives me a bit too low of an inseam in front, and when I wear them low they're about an inch or two too long... just long enough that I can't disguise it with a pair of heels. But all of that is better than walking around with a minor crack attack.

I was mentioning this to a co-worker this morning and she suggested Spanx. She said they'll hide panty lines, and keep your pants out of the places your pants shouldn't be. I saw them a week ago at LB ("power panties") and didn't give them a second thought because they just looked like really expensive panty hose. Is there more to them than hose? And for those of you who use them, will they fix my issue? They'll be well worth it if the answer is "Yes, and yes"...

Wheetsin, your co-worker told you true, but check to see if the store you are thinking of has the sizes that will work for you. And if you have anything more than a wide and flat rear end be sure to go up a size. :confused:

Someone made a suggestion that you get them on E-bay where it is cheaper, but if you need them for Monday, you won't have that much time to wait. Lane Bryant does carry them. I don't where you are located, so here's the link to other retailers that carry the brand. A quick call will let you know if they have plus sizes.

Click here: SPANX - Retailers

Best of luck!

Jo Ann

Questions:

Do the Spanx bras or tops give you support? Or is it like a sports bra where you get some compression but not really lift?

So the waist bands roll? Or do the waist bands on the tank roll up? Ugh, I hate that! I have some Jockey slimming underraments. They work, but they roll and pretty much you want to tear them off at the end of the day.

I guess i am in the minority but i hate Spanx. I have watched the infocomerical so many times so when i saw them at LB i got so excited and i grabed a pair. I think they are the most uncomfortable things i have ever put on. i find a regular girdle much kinder. I am a size 22 right now so i think they are designed for smaller women. They claim no bulges but thats all i got. Good luck with your pair. Oh i got the power panties.

I love spanx! The only problem I have is the price. I don't mind paying that much for something that lasts, but the capri length Spanx had a run in them after the second time I wore them. That is a big issue for something that costs almost as much as pants!

Anyone have any solutions for this?