Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! With all the great nutrients my nails are growing long & strong. I've always kept them short bcs they broke easily. But i'm rethinking that. Can anyone recommend a good nail polish that won't peel off in a few days? I haven't worn nail polish in years! Thanks.

Drugstore? Grocery store? Or some place classier?

Thanks!! :-)

Have you ever had a shellac manicure? They are a little pricey but I think they are worth it! They are done in a nail salon and are about 20-40 but they will last for 2 weeks and protect your nail. I have noticed my nails are really growing too and I think it is because I am off those nasty diet cokes!

Get a good top coat. One of the best I've found is this:

http://seche.com/products/product-83005.html

The type of polish (to me anyway) doesn't matter as much as a good top coat.

Have you ever had a shellac manicure? They are a little pricey but I think they are worth it! They are done in a nail salon and are about 20-40 but they will last for 2 weeks and protect your nail. I have noticed my nails are really growing too and I think it is because I am off those nasty diet cokes!

Is that the same as the fake nails? They cover your nails?

Get a good top coat. One of the best I've found is this:

http://seche.com/products/product-83005.html

The type of polish (to me anyway) doesn't matter as much as a good top coat.

Awesome! I'm going to buy some. Thanks!

OMG- Shellac is the best!

Its a UV cured "polish" that goes on just like normal nail polish with a 2min UV light cure between coats- it lasts for 7-15 days before chipping and comes off by placing a cotton ball soaked in acetone on fingernail, wrap in foil and 7 min later it slides right off.

I have been "shellacing" for 2 years now and have had NO NAIL DAMAGE, discoloration or splitting. Its a miracle product in my book. Its worth every dime!!!!

BTW: My nails are fantastic lately.... I think that after your body adjusts your nails, skin and hair start using the additional nutrients better- I think the nails grow so quick that it shows up first and (sadly) the hair sees improvement last.

I just decided that i will shellac my nails as my reward when i am 199. I'm 212 now. I've been searching for something and this is it!! Thanks!

There is also gel polish, similar to the shellac mentioned above, but this is a do it yourself kind. The kit is a bit pricey at first because your buying the UV light and other supplies. The polish is $10 a bottle. It can be found in Ulta. I ordered mine through QVC by Mally. Was pricey but it is revolutionary, in my opinion. Using the UV for 30-60 seconds and it's completely dry. Last week when I did my nails I picked my puppy up right away and no damage. The color AND gloss is set! For over 40 yrs I would bite my nails. Now I actually have pretty nails. It's the added nutrients and gel polish.

Once you go SHELLAC you never go back!!!!

Thanks!! I think i may buy the kit. I'm not real fond of nail places.

I just may go shellac and never go back!!

Just saw the gel kit from Sally Hansen in Rite Aid that doesn't require uv light. It was like $8!

I usually treat myself to a spa-like place that does nails vs. a nail salon because it's calmer and cleaner. With shellac, I can usually go 3 weeks. I love it! I can't even wear normal polish anymore.

Another selling point about the UV light: your nails are dry instantly!

To the person who bought a UV light: does it really work at home like a salon?? I've been thinking about getting my own...

OMG- Shellac is the best!

Its a UV cured "polish" that goes on just like normal nail polish with a 2min UV light cure between coats- it lasts for 7-15 days before chipping and comes off by placing a cotton ball soaked in acetone on fingernail' date=' wrap in foil and 7 min later it slides right off.

I have been "shellacing" for 2 years now and have had NO NAIL DAMAGE, discoloration or splitting. Its a miracle product in my book. Its worth every dime!!!!

BTW: My nails are fantastic lately.... I think that after your body adjusts your nails, skin and hair start using the additional nutrients better- I think the nails grow so quick that it shows up first and (sadly) the hair sees improvement last.[/quote']

I had shellac before surgery. I had it removed before the procedure so they could check my oxygenation during surgery. I found that there was just as much damage as acrylic nails. They do look beautiful and last a long time. If you are going to have this done and keep it up great. For me I like to take a week off between here and there to let my nail beds breathe. I tried press on nails from Walgreens without the glue $7 for 24 nails. They lasted 1 to 2 weeks.