Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

maxed weight loss

I was banded in April04 and have lost 110lbs sitting at 138lbs 5'3 and ouch 41 years young I am of a muscular build I haven't lost anymore weight in this past year. I would like to see 10 more lbs off but just can't seem to do this I feel and look great at this weight but would like a little breathing room however my Dr. explained to me that this is my body's plateau and I will most likely come back to this point even if I were to lose weight has anyone else got to this point and do u believe this to be true .I still reward myself with food this is my life and I will not ever get past this so I will try to keep it in check. I spent to much time trying to fight this obsession. Insight or opinions are great TIA Lori

Congrats on the loss. I can't relate to 138...I would be totally, utterly DONE and thrilled to be that weight. I think it does depend on body shape and height as to where our bodies want to stay weight-wise. Unless you're not very tall I would think you are at a wonderfully, healthy weight right where you are. Be proud of your awesome accomplishment!! Good job!

I kind of think that theory about a body's set point is true. There's certainly a level most of us get to--it may be lower than we've ever been before, or higher--where it's very hard to get beyond. I've certainly experienced this at prior times in my life, at different weights (280, 310, 340) where I'd be "stuck" for months or years on the way up or down even if my behavior didn't really change.

But that's not to say it's insurmountable if you really want to do something about it. Personally I'm at a point where I'm only halfway dedicated to taking the steps I'd need to take to lose another 10 lbs. When I'm completely dedicated I know it will happen.

If I'd sat at that weight for a year, I'd take it as a sign that that's where I was meant to be. I do believe in the set point theory to an extent only what I"ve found was that I had several setpoints - 75kg was easy for me to maintain, so was 84, so was 92, so was 97 and so was 104. I plantaeaued out on my down at those weights too, its quite interesting.

I think as big a battle as losing the actual weight is developing a good self image, and learning to love yourself for what you are.

Hmm...I am where you are at. I am not sure if the last 10 pounds want to come off or if I will have to work really hard only to return to my present weight.

I am eating more and probably could use another fill. However, I am doing well at maintaining and feel good at my present weight.

However, I am like you. I too want to lose the pounds to have some wiggle room...

Shawn

Are you exercising? A lot? This might help.

Have you done the plateau busting diet?

Would you consider becoming vegan?

Or this may be indeed where your weight belongs. What would be so different in 10 pounds? Why is it so significant to you?

Is that last 10 pounds extra skin? I know I am at 158 pounds and I want to be 145 my last 12 or 13 pounds are extra skin aound my torso. I have a huge rool of skin, I am in a size 12 but would easily be an 8-10 without the skin. All of my fitted pants are only fitted around my stomach, they are baggy everywhere else. I am totally happy with my loss. I just told my surgeon on wed that if I never lost another pound I have my life back and that made this band 100% worth it. ~Mandy