Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Upset With Myself

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and my dr released me to eat anything. So no more liquids or purred food. Yesterday I went crazy. I didn't have large amounts of stuff but last night I ate a bowl of cookie crisp. I wish sometimes I would get sick so I wouldn't want some of those foods. Ugh

Don't be to hard on yourself you know the right thing to do just get back on track. I'm sure your not the first nor will you be the last that eat something they've been missing when cleared for regular food. I'm a week and a half out and trying to figuare out what my first real food will be and looking for something high in Protein but really good to :) you'll be ok just remember your goal.

One bowl of cookie crisp wont undue anything......just get back on track, use myfitnesspal for logging all food and exercise. Dont keep food you cant controll yourself with in the house. If you have a family, they can eat right too, even kids dont need that junk.

Good Luck, you got this! Stay in control!

I did the same thing when I was free to eat what I wanted. I'm a sugar addict and I had a few things I shouldn't have had but I had this surgery so I wouldn't have to give up too much just as long as I didn't eat a lot of it. I'm losing the weight (albeit slowly) but I am getting there.

Much success on your Journey!!

I don't think one bowl of cookie crisp Cereal is horrible. Man oh man I found out what a major dumping episode feels like the other day. That will take the fun out of misbehaving.

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and my dr released me to eat anything. So no more liquids or purred food. Yesterday I went crazy. I didn't have large amounts of stuff but last night I ate a bowl of cookie crisp. I wish sometimes I would get sick so I wouldn't want some of those foods. Ugh

I know the feeling!

My stomach seems like it is made of steel and I eat much less, but nothing bothers me!

I also carry the same guilt! Once I was freed I are foods high in carbs :( I haven't told anyone because so many people believe in me and have been helping me through this journey! The amounts are small I am so glad my sleeve won't let me eat more! Thank you for starting this thread it was exactly how I was feeling!

I went crazy. I ate a bowl of cookie crisp

SleeveShelly

Don't beat yourself over what happened w/the cereal

Whats done is done - move forward

My NUT told me never to eat cereal with milk - cuz thats having liquids w/your meal

Take care cookie monster - you are new to the game here

You will eventually win

good luck

Were you craving the cereal or was it just the excitement over moving on to real food?

This thread made me concerned about some of the stuff I'm eating.... like Special K cereal or the bran one.. I eat it with skimmed milk.. one cup per meal, that's all I can take.... is that ok???? Also my sis got me Atkins bars.... caramel chocolate mousse... I read the dietary info on the packet carefully....I know it's not real chocolate or caramel, I see no harm in it every once in a while.....

Hey Teddy, if you can get myfitnesspal on your phone it helps so much. It let's you know the calories, sugars, carbs, Proteins etc of everything your eatting. It's easier to decide if something is good verses bad or even worth eatting. :)

It helps me a lot!

The Protein Bars are good but some brands are heavy in calories but its a personal daily decision based on your needs/intake.

:)

I don't think one bowl of cookie crisp cereal is horrible. Man oh man I found out what a major dumping episode feels like the other day. That will take the fun out of misbehaving.

I thought you didnt dump with the sleeve?!

Teddy Bear...Are you allowed to have liquids with your foods? I know all Doctors are different, but mine says no liquids a half hour before or after food. I am asking because I see you put milk in your cereal. I am not judging at all!! Just asking.