Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uhc Choice Plus Ppo 5 Year Weight History... Need Creative Ideas!

Ok, so I'm gathering all my documentation showing that I've had a BMI over 40 for the past 5 years. This should be easy considering that I've been over 40 BMI since 2005... However, after I received the records from my Dr's office, I realized that I did not have any weights recorded for the years 2009 and 2011. I have official records from 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, and 1012. I also have pictures of me for the two missing years but the photographs don't have dates. I was thinking maybe I can show screen shots of the pictures on Facebook showing the dates that they were uploaded, but this is far from an "official record". My little sister graduated in 2011 and I have pictures from that too- so I was thinking a photo of me with her in graduation garb plus a copy of her diploma with the graduation date on it might be SOMETHING. I know these ideas are far fetched but I don't know what else to do!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I was self pay, but hopefully some people can come up with solutions they used.

Dont forget to search for relevant tags on previous threads.

I would get pictures taken during obvious events...birthday pics with you in them, baby showers, graduations, work functions or badges.

Do you have any instances you had to go to a walk in clinic on those years, get vaccinated for travel, or any other medical activity that your weight might be noted? Update an id? go to a licensed massage therapist? they are usually requred to complete an initial evaluation of body type, etc??

I would go for a bit of overkill, but not too much, hopefully you can find something each time.

And that is why you begin to prepare now, lady's and gent's even if you aren't decided or it is years away!!! ;)

Did you happen to see any other doctors outside if your primary? I have had 3 different primaries in the past 5 years due to moving around, but my gyno was the same for the past 14 years. I got the documents from them and that solved that issue. (Though, according to my plan, the 5 yr height/weight wasn't required. I think the dr. office just asked for it out of habit because so many other insurance plans require it.) Do you happen to have welness testing where you work? Maybe they would have it for those years? Do you donate blood or platelets? The Community Blood Center or Red Cross may have that history.

I have the same plan and I didn't have 5 years of weight history because I only went to the doctor when something was wrong. I don't know what the surgical coordinator did but I got approved anyway.

I have BCBS of NJ and they required 3 years of history, I had a one year gap , but submitted everything else I had (going back 7 years) . I was approved on the first try. My coordinator explained they want to see the history. But I had pictures ready if needed. I also submitted receipts from NutriSystem and Weight watchers just in case they helped.

Good luck!!

I have the same plan and I didn't have 5 years of weight history because I only went to the doctor when something was wrong. I don't know what the surgical coordinator did but I got approved anyway.

Is this the UHC plan that doesn't require 6 month diet?

Mine does have the 6 month requirement...