Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision Friends....anyone Out There?

Hey there, Im scheduled to have revision surgery (from band to sleeve). Surgery scheduled 10/11/12 :D

Today is my first day of the 2 week liquid diet.....I'm dying.

HELP PLZ!!!!!

I'm a revisioner....had my surgery in June...take it one day at a time and remember your goal!!

You can and will do it!!!

How'd u make it through the pre op diet. My first surgeon only required 24hr fast. I got 13 more days!

Hi I will have my revision on Oct 22nd..I had my band out back on June 26th. I'm almost there :lol:

No sadly..I went in for the revision, but left with just the band removed do to " erosion " the nasty E word!!! :angry:

luckily for you its kind of rare, so keep your chin up not every case is like mine. Most people have the revision without any problems at all, so don't despair.

my surgery was all in one...

I wanted to add its probably over or close to 90% that can just get the revision without any problems!!!

I had revision surgery on 7/10.12. I have lost 42lbs and am so glad to have that band out. I had it all done in one procedure. My surgeon is excellent and does lots of them. Every surgeon is different. Knowing what I know now, I would have never had the band. The sleeve surgery is a major surgery, no getting around that, but when you are over it, you are able to eat most anything in very small amt. without getting sick or sliming. It is so nice. Good luck to you.

I had my revision on September 10th 2012 and it was the best decision ever. The band is definitely not forever and I knew it would have to be removed eventually. Well wishes to you and your surgery.

I'm going in for revision from band to sleeve as well with DR D. Kim as well on the same day.

My biggest fear is that I have the band removed and then have to return for a 2nd procedure.

I started my liquid diet on the 26th and just got creative with mixing 1 T of s/f Jello pudding (cheesecake) with blending my vanilla Protein powder and 3 ice cubes...delicious!! (lunch today will be mixed with 1 T of PB2 powder) yummy!

I had my revision surgery with Dr. Kim on the 10th of September. I was fortunate that he did it all in one step. His P.a. Told me he was doing it in 2 stages from now on but I am sure he will look at it on a case by case basis. Praying for you to get it done all at the same time!

I'm having my revision from band to sleeve with Dr. Chris Sanborn in Chattanooga, TN on Wednesday! I'm having trouble with my inner fat person who is yelling "don't take away the food!" But I know I'm doing the right thing, and I'm pushing her away. She's making me want chocolate today. Ugh! I'm so excited to have my revision!!

I have had my band for 4 years and am getting it removed in 2 weeks due to a slip. My surgeon will not do the revision to VSG in one procedure. He wants to wait 6 weeks with the band out. I am also getting my gall bladder removed at the same time as my band. There is a possibility that he will only be able to take my gall bladder out and then have to go back in for the band at a later time but I am hoping he can do both at the same time. I guess it depends on how much inflammation there is with my gall bladder. I am scheduled for VSG on 12/10.

All in one- removal/revision here. Best wishes!