Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why No More Dr.kelly Threads?

When I first started doing research on doctors I recall many threads daily about dr.kelly. Did I miss something? I don't see any more threads regarding him. All of a sudden their seems to be a lot of dr.garcia patients posting. Just wondering If i overlooked something in my research.

thank you

When I first started doing research on doctors I recall many threads daily about dr.kelly. Did I miss something? I don't see any more threads regarding him. All of a sudden their seems to be a lot of dr.garcia patients posting. Just wondering If i overlooked something in my research.

thank you

I think right now Dr Garcia is about $800 less than Dr Kelly. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it :). I am 6 months out from surgery with Dr Kelly and couldn't be happier!

I think certain surgeons go through their 15 minutes of fame...which happens to correspond with deals and price breaks (not that that's the only reason people choose their doc, their name just seems to come up more). I'm scheduled with Dr Kelly on Oct 6th and each time I call, he's in surgery, so he's operating. Also, there have been some issues (patient death and the seperation from coordinators) and that can turn people off.

I am 6 months out with Dr. Kelly and I also couldn't be happier. I paid $5,500 +airfare. I wrote about my experience in my blog here on this site.

I was just sleeved by Kelly on 9/14, and my friend across the hall was done on 9/13 (there were some other sleevers there, too, but I didn't know them). From what they said, September is sort of a slow month for VSG down there. I haven't been talking a lot because my entire surgery and recovery were so textbook and uneventful that it doesn't even seem right to mention! My care was exceptional and my husband was really impressed with the entire process. I have lost 22 lbs. from pre-op diet to today, 12 lbs. from post leak test weigh in to today. I was up and walking around within hours of surgery, had minimal pain. Dr. Kelly visited us at the hotel to check up and Omar took us sightseeing and for several nice dinners (mine were broth, of course). Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

PLEASE do your research with Dr. Kelly!!! I'm hearing he isn't allowed to practice in a couple hospitals....DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER PPL!!!

For those of you that was sleeved by Dr. Kelly did hd use a drain?!?!

I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly 6 months ago and couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. I would do it 100,000 times over. And no, he did not use a drain.

I actually like the fact that I DIDN'T have to deal with a coordinator. I just wanted the surgery, so dealing with the surgeon directly was more convenient for me.

PLEASE do your research with Dr. Kelly!!! I'm hearing he isn't allowed to practice in a couple hospitals....DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER PPL!!!

For those of you that was sleeved by Dr. Kelly did hd use a drain?!?!

I guess I'd have to ask where you got your information? If it's from a coordinator, you need to think about their reasons for telling you this. They only make money if you choose from the doctors they're working with, and they make darn good money.

I'm not shooting any messengers, but I also don't believe in dealing with rumors. Unless you've confirmed these rumors with the hospitals where he's supposedly not allowed to practice? I do know that many doctors have preferred hospitals due to price points. There was one hospital where the same surgery would have cost me $10,000. It was amazing, but I was willing to settle for clean and modern facilities.

No, I did not have a drain with Dr. Kelly.

I actually like the fact that I DIDN'T have to deal with a coordinator. I just wanted the surgery, so dealing with the surgeon directly was more convenient for me.

I felt the same way! So excited that you had such a great surgery outcome. :)

@Sexy Slim I am glad that your operation was a success (as many others were) and Dr. Kelly was my choice up until 3 weeks ago!! The reason why I am on here to see if a thread would be made about this...No one works with Dr. Kelly anymore!!! That is not a coincidence that no one is working with him and he's not able to work at NUMEROUS hospitals...It SCARES me that he doesn't use a drain. He is the ONLY Dr. That doesn't use a drain in Mexico or the U.S.

it DID NOT come from coordinators and I could care less about who uses who!!! I have researched my @$$ off about all of these doctors... I am from NJ and by no means am I a coordinator!!! I asked Sexy Slim a VERY relevant question about him using a drain... How is that a rumor?!?! I am not sleeved and I am not a Dr. by any means!!! Just a RN nursing student that works in finance from NJ that has quite a bit of common sense to do my research when something seems fishy!!! Like I said Dr Kelly was my first choice up until recently!!!!

By the way I confirmed with Mi Doctor and Florence....If I sound testy it's because I am passionate about this situation and researching...don't get me wring anything can happen once you go under but I will damned if I let someone that I KNOW info about cut me open!!! SORRY...smh

By the way I confirmed with Mi Doctor and florence....If I sound testy it's because I am passionate about this situation and researching...don't get me wring anything can happen once you go under but I will damned if I let someone that I KNOW info about cut me open!!! SORRY...smh

Don't worry about it, but I was just sleeved at Florence/Oasis of Hope on 9/14 of this year...two weeks ago tomorrow. Are you saying that they told you he doesn't do surgery there? I'm really confused.

I came across a lot of the same data about Dr Kelly. He was my number one choice until the data unearthed about multiple hospitals refusing him access and not using the drain. Not gossiping here, just reporting my research findings. I found a site that claimed no affiliation reviewing a variety of WLS surgeons. I will post the link in a moment. Don't take the info as gospel. Just some potential data...

Amanda Rae

http://www.mexicobariatricsurgeons.com/

Here is the link to reviews. I found it in my own research. Take it with a grain of salt... I have no idea how accurate all the data is or how the research was done

Amanda Rae

"You can never be certain about the authenticity of quotes on the Internet." Abraham Lincoln