Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods I Will Miss

I decided tonight that two foods I will truly miss post procedure are chocolate and chili dogs :-P How silly is that? I am addicted to chocolate though and am sad to know I must say goodbye to it. A healthier, thinner me is more important than that chocolaty yummy goodness. Oh dear sweet chocolate i will miss you so! :-P

That makes 2 of us lol but we can do it.

You can still have a piece of chocolate or a chili dog every once in a great while as a special treat to yourself. Just dont make a habit out of it. Reward yourself for being good... give yourself something to strive for.

YOU WILL STILL EAT chocolate , CHILI DOGS NOW THATS TOUGH ONE.....

Not a food but POP! I havent had any since surgery and I plan to stay away from it, I use to be such a diet pop junkie, I know as soon as I had a sip I would be drinking them everyday.

Chicago Bears Football will be hard to watch without the "junk food" but I'm confident Cutler will get me through it ;-)

I don't miss any food. There is no food that I can't eat.

One good thing is people say your tastes change. I still love chocolate, but not as much as I used to. I drink a Protein drink every day, and lately I have been loving my orange cream and banana pudding flavors more than chocolate. It's weird.

I thought I would miss stuff a lot. There have been times when my brain has tricked me into thinking I do. The truth is that I really don't. I thought I wanted pizza for about six weeks. I finally decided I would try one piece a week or two ago and all it tasted like was greasy blah and made my stomach do turns. I loved candy pre-op. I used to eat a piece almost every day. I don't miss it and the further I get out from having it, the less I think about any of it. I still will allow myself treats here and there, but it's not as difficult as I thought it would be, at least not at this point.

Chili dog minus the bun is still one I love and have at least once a month. I add cheese and onions to mine. chocolate is something I thought I would have a hard time with but I really don't crave it like I used to. And one little piece is more than enough and it's weeks before I even think about it.

My nut taught me that food is not "good" or "bad". I can have anything, in moderation. Also I can view food as a trade off. If I eat a high calorie food to maybe consider doing a little more activity.

Sounds like you will be able to enjoy the things you love!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

i will have an Atkins Advantage Peanut Butter Bar

this is my chocolate "fix" - have it once in a while as a meal - ummm ummmm good

calories

carbs

Protein

carbs are kindof high though

Chili dog minus the bun is still one I love and have at least once a month. I add cheese and onions to mine. chocolate is something I thought I would have a hard time with but I really don't crave it like I used to. And one little piece is more than enough and it's weeks before I even think about it.

That is soooo wonderful to hear!!! I find it comforting to know that the two foods I will miss the most can still be eaten as an occasional treat, and ya know I never thought about going without the bun....perhaps I will start to do that even pre-op :-)

Hmm, the only think I really and truly miss is Mountain Dew. I don't drink coffee and it was my morning wake-up fix. One 20-oz bottle would last me 3 days. But I know it would do serious damage to my tummy. Anything else I can think of can wait till I'm at goal.

greasy cheeseburger and fries! I have had a slider minus the bread...no longer appetizing for me. I have also had a few fries at a ballgame. Again...the thrill is gone.

So hoping the thrill is gone for fries! I am a self-proclaimed potatoe ***** (just a term, not real) and I will eat them anything they're cooked. I think not eating potatos, Pasta and rice would save me!!!