Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico Octosleevers! Add Your Name, Date And Surgeon!

As happy as I am with my experience' date=' I'm stunned to read 'one' excision. I have 5! Add that to my many other prior surgical scars on my chest I'm looking like Edward scissor hands

Sister underneath my clothes :(

[/quote']

OH! Im sure you'll be healing up in no time. Just to clarify' date=' I have 3 incisions total--One drain hole, and two slit incisions.

The technology and technique is improving all the time, and they told me the'yd be doing the single incision within a month, on some patients. But everyone is different: although my BMI was around 42, I am tall and my belly is not very big. Im pear-shaped and carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs--I believe body type has a lot to do with how many incisions we get. Also, everyones insides look a bit different, so they probably do what is safest for us.

[/quote']

I had my surgery exactly two days before Zenoosh with the same Dr and I have three incisions and a drain hole, so I'd say a lot depends on the persons weight, build, and BMI. I carry a lot of my weight in my stomach. I also had a BMI of 49.33 at the time of surgery. 50 is considered a higher risk.

5 days post op and just wanted to say all is well! I have lost a total of 11 lbs and praying they keep falling off:-). I had a very pleasant experience at Star Medica with Dr. Rodriguez. The facility was state of the art and the staff was excellent. Better treatment than I have ever received here in the states. I'm not gonna lie the first two days were hell. I literally felt like I had swallowed a basketball until the morning I flew home. Didn't sleep hardly at all cause I just couldn't get comfortable which I guess was ok cause it made me walk (pace) the floors. Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well!

So no leaks, both the blue dye and the other stuff were disgusted, GACK!! I was extremely nauseated the day of and after surgery. I think I recall this from my one prior surgery, just not this bad. I'm thinking some of how I felt might have to do with not getting sleep before hand and then getting my period the morning of surgery. Such luck since it wasn't due till next week. Anywho...I am drinking broth and juice and frequent walks help with episodes of nausea. I get the drain & I'VE out today then free to go home tomorrow. It will be great to be home and even more wonderful to not feel this nausea. Wishing everyone well, happy healing, happy travels...oh and I have 5 incisions. 2 are really small, the other about twice their size and the larger is about 1.5cm in length.

So no leaks, both the blue dye and the other stuff were disgusted, GACK!! I was extremely nauseated the day of and after surgery. I think I recall this from my one prior surgery, just not this bad. I'm thinking some of how I felt might have to do with not getting sleep before hand and then getting my period the morning of surgery. Such luck since it wasn't due till next week. Anywho...I am drinking broth and juice and frequent walks help with episodes of nausea. I get the drain & I'VE out today then free to go home tomorrow. It will be great to be home and even more wonderful to not feel this nausea. Wishing everyone well, happy healing, happy travels...oh and I have 5 incisions. 2 are really small, the other about twice their size and the larger is about 1.5cm in length.

Woo hoo!!! Congrats!!! Im sorry you're nauseated. Its such a horrible feeling...but, doesn't it feel great to be sleeved and leak-free?? You'll only feel better and better. Im happy you're done :-)

Yes it does and now I'm back in the IS headed to the airport. I feel ok today. Keeping my fingers crossed. I had a terrible headache last night and I think it was caffeine withdrawal because a cup of Joe with sweet n low did the trick. I can't wait to get home and see my puppies & kitties and my own bed...

Congratulations! Glad e headache is gone!

One month post op. 27 pounds gone.incision in belly button still oozing but healing. Exploring new foods. Strange how little food you need.

One month post op. 27 pounds gone.incision in belly button still oozing but healing. Exploring new foods. Strange how little food you need.

WTG on the WL, weezer! I feel you on the strangeness of the amount of food we eat. Im three weeks post op and every day when I log MFP I get the warning I'm eating too few calories and could go into starvation mode. I look at the recommended 1200 calories and just laugh.

Hey there, everyone! Hope all the Octosleevers are doing well. I weigh tomorrow, and I better have a decent loss! Im feeling good...trying to get in more Water, and Protein. My only issue has been taking bites that are too big, and not chewing well enough, then having that golfball in my chest type feeling--not fun!! That'll teach me to eat too fast! I've been on myfitnesspal everyday, and if anyone wants to add me, its "zenoosh"....

Hazelsmrf, how are ya doing, girl??? When is your surgery? Im thinking about ya, so keep me posted <3<3<3

Good luck to those who haven't been sleeved yet, and Happy Recovery to those of us who left our stomachs in MEXICO!

Ok I am dehydrated. I couldn't get enough sugarfree and Water in. Use to drink 2 two litersl of diet coke a day. Consulted Dr said ok to drink diet coke iced down and flat. Hopefully this is ok. Opinions?

Weezer, I know someone that drinks soda flay also. She really struggled with being able to drink anything for several months. If you Dr. Says it is a better alternative to dehydration, try it and see. Cola Syrup is a stomach settling ingredient , my dad used to get it from the pharmacist when I was a kid to settle my stomach. The fizz/ carbonation is not good for our new tummies so let it go flat for sure. I took a sip of my husbands one day in the car thinking it was tea. WOW! That was different. Good luck to you. I too struggle with my Fluid intake because nothing tastes right to me but coffee. :0

I wish I could find something else to drink. Idontdrink coffee. I started yesterday drinking diet coke. Allot of ice and no fizz. Seems ok.

I wish I could find something else to drink. Idontdrink coffee. I started yesterday drinking diet coke. Allot of ice and no fizz. Seems ok.

What about drinking Powerade or gatorade it has some electrolytes.

Ok I want to know the progress of the Octosleevers. My weight loss has slowed down. Surgery date. Oct 7. Loss 40 lbs