Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico Octosleevers! Add Your Name, Date And Surgeon!

Anyone on MFP? I thought there was a thread about this but now I can't find it. Anyways..if you are, add me..my username is tiachristian87.

Sleeved 10/6/12

I'm glad it's over for you Zenoosh, yay! How nasty was the leak test stuff? :) Any puking?

The salty crap was really gross...i had to take 2 big sips that were difficult to keep down. I did wretch a little afterwards. The blue dye was not that bad...gatorade with bitterness, but at least I could drink it at my own pace.

So I've gotten mt drain out :-) and IV out :-) and still waiting futvthem to take the staples out...notvreally looking forward to that, but oh well...i think the worst is definitely over.

Btw, im so glad they worked it out for you, hazelsmrf! I know that's gotta be very frustrating..

Keep in touch! <3<3<3

The salty crap was really gross...i had to take 2 big sips that were difficult to keep down. I did wretch a little afterwards. The blue dye was not that bad...gatorade with bitterness' date=' but at least I could drink it at my own pace.

So I've gotten mt drain out :-) and IV out :-) and still waiting futvthem to take the staples out...notvreally looking forward to that, but oh well...i think the worst is definitely over.

Btw, im so glad they worked it out for you, hazelsmrf! I know that's gotta be very frustrating..

Keep in touch! <3<3<3[/quote']

If they take staples out like in the US then it shouldn't hurt...glad you passed the leak test. I'm in Dallas waiting on my connection to San Diego. Little delayed.

The salty crap was really gross...i had to take 2 big sips that were difficult to keep down. I did wretch a little afterwards. The blue dye was not that bad...gatorade with bitterness' date=' but at least I could drink it at my own pace.

Keep in touch! <3<3<3[/quote']

Take the staples out? What staples? The only staples I got was the ones to seal my new stomach but they dont take those out.

I remember when they took the staples out for my C-section I was dreading it and when it happened I didn't feel a thing. I didn't know they'd staple any of the external sutures though!

Take the staples out? What staples? The only staples I got was the ones to seal my new stomach but they dont take those out.

Yeah, this was interesting: So they explained that up Until a few days ago, they were using the dissolvable sutures on the incisions, or like a glue kind of stuff--on all except the draIn opening, which stays open and kinda drains for a couple days, ya know..but on my other two incisions, they used 4 little metal staples on each, and removed them, then sprayed them with medinciney smelling disinfectant, then covered them with a very light suture tape that is supposed to stay on for at least 5 days, then I can peel the tape off gently and the incisions should be totally healed at that point.

I was dreading the staple removal--Im such a wussy--but it was NOTHING! Super easy.

I was really suprised at having only 3 incisions---they said if I had been sleeved in a couple weeks, they'd have done the spider method--Only one incision. I guess their technique keeps getting better and better! Im okay with what I got--

Anyone on MFP? I thought there was a thread about this but now I can't find it. Anyways..if you are, add me..my username is tiachristian87.

Sleeved 10/6/12

Yep, Im on MFP, and I know there are tons of others on there as well...I think you're right--there is a thread.

I prob wont start until I can actually track something besides broth and gatorade, but I really love the idea...I cant believe I paid weightwatchers to basically have access to the same type of thing....My username is zenoosh.

Awww man, I want one incision! That rocks!

Oooh I'll add you guys on MFP too when I start up, hopefully you won't shun me for being a filthy november sleever :)

Good luck tomorrow, theNEWME!, yanik, and dhowell64! We're all thinking of you! I hope everyones travels are safe and I hope everyones homes, families and loved ones are safe and out of harms way.

I'm glad it's over for you Zenoosh, yay! How nasty was the leak test stuff? :) Any puking?

btw, very shortly after surgery, I felt really nauseated and had to shuffle to the sink and dry heaved a few times...I was really worried that I was gonna bust my guts open, and it kinda freaked me out because I puked up some brownish-reddish slimy stuff (sorry guys--just trying to as informative as possible) kinda like a lougie consistency? Im sure it was just whatever crap was in my stomach after surgery. After that I was fine--got nauseated one more time after the fluoroscopy test and heaved a little bile--but after that I gotta say I was pretty ok and no more puking or nausea.

I HATE being nauseated and I really dont like to puke (ok--no one likes to puke..Im not special) Im just a total wuss when it comes to getting sick. I probably made those noises and cried out out for my mom!!!

Oooh I'll add you guys on MFP too when I start up, hopefully you won't shun me for being a filthy november sleever :)

No way, dude---keep using this thread and start a NOVEMBER Mexico SLEEVERS thread, too--Im sure theyre are a few. Actually, there are a few I know of that have posted here--One is AngelEyesinNJ and

realtor05 with DR Lopez Nov 10th

And, you might ask your surgeon whether they are doing the single incision..I know there are a couple mexico surgeons who've been doing it for months---yours could be one of them!

As happy as I am with my experience, I'm stunned to read 'one' excision. I have 5! Add that to my many other prior surgical scars on my chest I'm looking like Edward scissor hands

Sister underneath my clothes :(

As happy as I am with my experience, I'm stunned to read 'one' excision. I have 5! Add that to my many other prior surgical scars on my chest I'm looking like Edward scissor hands

OH! Im sure you'll be healing up in no time. Just to clarify, I have 3 incisions total--One drain hole, and two slit incisions.

The technology and technique is improving all the time, and they told me the'yd be doing the single incision within a month, on some patients. But everyone is different: although my BMI was around 42, I am tall and my belly is not very big. Im pear-shaped and carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs--I believe body type has a lot to do with how many incisions we get. Also, everyones insides look a bit different, so they probably do what is safest for us. I was expecting at least 5, so I was pleasantly suprised, but I gotta say, they look so small and thin--I know they're already healing, and I would expect they'll be barely detectable in a week ot two.

Im just SOOO glad its over. I wasn't like, outwardly freaking out, but inside, I was kind of a wreck. I tend to keep my emotions to myself. I was dreading the recovery.

Bottom line, we're SLEEVED!! We're ALIVE, we're RECOVERING! and we're on our way to a HOT BOD!!!!! (and maybe some loose skin...)

Im glad you're OK and recovering...be prepared to say goodbye to Ms. Scissorhands soon! B)

OH! Im sure you'll be healing up in no time. Just to clarify, I have 3 incisions total--One drain hole, and two slit incisions.

The technology and technique is improving all the time, and they told me the'yd be doing the single incision within a month, on some patients. But everyone is different: although my BMI was around 42, I am tall and my belly is not very big. Im pear-shaped and carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs--I believe body type has a lot to do with how many incisions we get. Also, everyones insides look a bit different, so they probably do what is safest for us. I was expecting at least 5, so I was pleasantly suprised, but I gotta say, they look so small and thin--I know they're already healing, and I would expect they'll be barely detectable in a week ot two.

Im just SOOO glad its over. I wasn't like, outwardly freaking out, but inside, I was kind of a wreck. I tend to keep my emotions to myself. I was dreading the recovery.

Bottom line, we're SLEEVED!! We're ALIVE, we're RECOVERING! and we're on our way to a HOT BOD!!!!! (and maybe some loose skin...)

Im glad you're OK and recovering...be prepared to say goodbye to Ms. Scissorhands soon! B)

post-35684-13813660647383_thumb.jpg

Mine are all thin and recovering well. My bmi was 36, just weighed in and lost 13 pounds since surgery (Friday) . Am incredibly happy. I'm also tall, (5'11) but carry most of my weight on my arms,

Belly and back. Kind of tank like ;)

Isn't is fantastic to be done ? I'm excited for the next chapter. Back to work tomorrow though , this is less exciting ..