Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico Octosleevers! Add Your Name, Date And Surgeon!

Zoriahdiana5........you feel my excitement!!!!!!! I ready to buy new panties!!!!!!!

Thigh highs and new panties only!

I was sleeved in Mexico by Dr Ortiz on October 8. Great experience, no complaints, would do it again. Down 5 pounds on my pre-op diet (3 days liquids), and 11 more since surgery.

Hello from TJ Marriott!!

I arrived a couple hours ago.

Samuel picked me up at the airport, and it was a quick drive to the Marriott. BTW, Samuel is VERY nice, totally down to earth, and if anyone is concerned, he speaks PERFECT english...(Hes from LA/ grew up between LA and TJ). We met up with my coordinator, Rosie, who is so sweet and she speaks english, as well. She and the bellboy, Alberto (who also speaks perfect english) walked me to my room,, which just happens to be the closest room to the elevator...I wish I could get this room when I come back here for recovery! The rooms are soo nice. Big, warmly decorated, everything is right here. I got WiFi, and Im on my laptop right now.

Its early still, so Im thinking of taking a little' walk to Walmart (I think theres a little mall there too) to pick up some Water and get a bit of exercise..I also need some Retin-A....Who knows, maybe Ill just hang in this great room!!

Ive got a date with a bowl of broth....

I get picked up by the shuttle tomorrow morning, 7:45...

So far, everything has been fantastic. Everyone Ive been in contact with has been great.

Have a good night, everyone.

I hope everyone recently sleeved are doing well.

Keep me posted and Ill do the same!

ps,

the only thing Ive had trouble with is using my smartphone for calls and texts. I turned off my data, and Im unable to text or call from my phone. Ill ask the front desk and see if they can help me with that, but the WIFI works great...I shouldve gotten skype or something to call my mom.

ERp yeah, I'm in Canada so we got Dell Voice, I have it on my iPad and my smartphone, it allowed us to make calls from anywhere using the wifi (or it lets us text too). Google Voice would be the equivalent for americans but I think you need to set it up while you're in the US? Can you download the Skype application onto your smartphone using wifi?

ERp yeah, I'm in Canada so we got Dell Voice, I have it on my iPad and my smartphone, it allowed us to make calls from anywhere using the wifi (or it lets us text too). Google Voice would be the equivalent for americans but I think you need to set it up while you're in the US? Can you download the Skype application onto your smartphone using wifi?

Thank you so much! I brought my laptop, luckily, and searched for "sending texts from my computer"....seems to be working just fine! Man, technology kicks a**!!!

Thanks again....

B)

Good luck to you, Zenoosh! I wish you a great surgery and a great recovery. Mine was perfect so I always feel for those that are gassy or vomiting...none of that stuff! You will be on the losers bench before you know it. :D

I'm doing my 3 days pre-op diet. I have found that making your own Soup, like chicken & rice then straining broth tastes far better than any broths commercial bought. Also, to fight headache from calorie reduction & hunger, it's helping me to have a chilled Blender Bottle of Unjury and Water to sip when I feel the above.

My pre-op diet is only yogurt :( I asked if I could have broth or other Clear Liquids and was told no, I would kill for a big hot bowl of broth right now, I'm really not so much into sweet things so a little bit of yogurt is fine, but all day only yogurt has gotten old and it's only day 2.

My pre-op diet is only yogurt :( I asked if I could have broth or other clear liquids and was told no, I would kill for a big hot bowl of broth right now, I'm really not so much into sweet things so a little bit of yogurt is fine, but all day only yogurt has gotten old and it's only day 2.

Yogurt will totally clean out your gut, but I'd be sick of it, too if thats all I could have!!

Thats funny...I want yogurt, you want broth---I get broth, you get yogurt: the grass is always greener....

I started yesterday and I work 12 hour shifts in an ER. I was tired yesterday but today I feel better with the constant sipping and real broth

Yogurt will totally clean out your gut, but I'd be sick of it, too if thats all I could have!!

Thats funny...I want yogurt, you want broth---I get broth, you get yogurt: the grass is always greener....

Well I'd love to have BOTH! :) I don't even know if I can chew gum... I didn't ask. I have lots of different flavors of yogurt so at last I can switch it up, I do miss actually biting into something though! It'll be a while before that happens again I guess!