Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 25Th Sleevers!

Hello everyone!! Haven't been on in a long time!! Hope everyone is doing great!! I have lost 53lbs since surgery' date=' only like 2lbs to be in the 100's but I seem to be in a stall pattern. My 3 month blood work showed my Vitamin D was very low, Iron was border line and potassium was low. So added a prescription of D, over the counter iron and eating a banana a day!! Still struggle with getting the 80 - 100 grams of Protein a day but am trying to make every meal count!!! Had started a pretty good exercise routine but got sick the day after Christmas and have fallen off the exercise wagon!!! Going to get that started again today!! I have found that if I eat too much I get the hiccups and I have started losing hair, it's not noticable to any one but me at this point. Have a great day!!![/quote']

80-100?!?! That's gotta be impossible! My surgeon suggests 60 grams of protein a day. I'd had to drink 3-4 Protein Shakes a day to get hat much!

Well tomorrow is our 4 month Sugiversary...yay for us. I have now lost 88 pounds....27 pounds before surgery and 61 since. I went from 308 to 220...just 21 more pounds to be out of the 2's. I feel great. I also struggle to get in my Protein and Water. I am drinking Protein Shakes to get the protein. I am able to eat everything. Never had a bit of pain or vomiting since the surgery. I never needed any pain meds and was up walking 15 minutes after being brought back to my room from recovery. I had my surgery on September 25, 2012 and was back to work on October 1, 2012...6 days later. I workout 5 days a week for an hour. So happy I did this and wish I would have done it years ago....

i too was sleeved in september 2012. my starting weight was 237 and im down to 179!!! its awesome! i have the same problems as yall with the Protein. i still drink a Protein Shake for Breakfast that has 17g in it and i got a treadmill for christmas so i've been walking 30 min everyday. i am noticing that my skin isnt as "tight" as it use to be. i dont guess we can have it all lol. overall i am extremely pleased with my results so far. good luck everyone

I've hit a stall I guess. Wish it was a stall, I've gone up .2 pounds each day this week. Not sure what is up. Scared that my tool is worn out and this is where I'm going to be. Only lost 7 pounds in the last month. Want to be 175 by my 40 th birthday on the 17th but that is between 7-8 pounds away and if the past month is any indicator, I'm screwed. I'm getting my Protein in, thats not the problem. It really depressed me when I sat down today and figured out that I only lost 7 pounds this month. Hope you all are in better spirits.

How is everyone doing! Can you believe it's been 6 months?!?!?! Down 96 and ecstatic! Actually looking forward to getting on the doctors scale tomorrow for me six month check up. Would really like to hear how everybody else is doing!

Haven't been on in quite awhile. Surgery 9/25 in Mexico with Dr Alvarez. As of 3/25, I have lost 100#. Weight loss has slowed to 8-10# average per month, but have not had any stalls. Did not have any problems with recovery. But it is still difficult to get all my Protein in. Cannot stand the strongly flavored protein products, eggs taste yuck, & sick of chicken. BUT, have lost cravings for Pepsi's & sweets! Yay for that!!

Was working out 2+ times a week until the end of February when I found out I had a hernia. Had it fixed along with my gallbladder removed, 3/20. Can't work out for a couple more weeks! My hair started falling out at 3 month point exactly, lasted for exactly (!) 2 months & now back to normal pattern. So it's still thin, but not too horrible. My skin is not too bad either. Thighs are the worst for sagging, upper arms are flopping, but overall I don't think it's too bad. Maybe because I'm not losing super fast? Still have 50-60# to lose and hope to be at goal by our one year anniversary!

Hello 9/25/12 sleevers, how is everyone doing? I haven't been on in a while. Barisaxylady you are doing great! As I said before I had another surgery in Dec. and it was a hard surgery unrelated to vsg. Now here goes, I started at 229 pds and now down to 160 so that's 69 pds. I will take that loss. Just started walking on treadmill and working on eating and Protein now. I had my checkup and dr said I was doing good. She said the goal weight they give you have a year to a year and a half to reach. I'm short really short 4'11.5 and the dr goal is 148 but I think I can go 10 pds less 138 that's my goal. I hope we all have continued success and shopping sprees!

All 9/25/12 sleevers have continued success!

I am down 80 pounds as of this morning!! So exciting :) Just curious how other end of september sleevers were with their weightloss?

i am down 75lbs since surgery! i have had a 2 month stall that im finally coming off of. i have been cheating with sweets lately but i am getting back on track and still walk on my treadmill everyday. i have 15 more lbs to go before i am at my goal of 150!!! i am completely satisfied with my lose thus far. i have devoleped a shopping habit though but its fine---everything fits now! everyone is doing great!!

i am down 75lbs since surgery! i have had a 2 month stall that im finally coming off of. i have been cheating with sweets lately but i am getting back on track and still walk on my treadmill everyday. i have 15 more lbs to go before i am at my goal of 150!!! i am completely satisfied with my lose thus far. i have devoleped a shopping habit though but its fine---everything fits now! everyone is doing great!!

I'm right there with you on the shopping. Isn't it nice to turn stuff away because you don't like it, not because it doesn't fit?! It was really hard for me to stop going into Lane Bryant. All those stores at the mall and I had no idea where to start!

Hard to believe its been 7 months already! scale read 151 for me this morning which is my surgeons goal for me (I'm sure his scale would read differently!) I want to be far enough into the 140s so I can fluctuate a few pounds and always see a 1 and 4 as the first two numbers on the scale! Lol

i seem to be stuck at 165 and cants get lower! i keep saying that thats good to be down 75lbs since sept but ive been in a stall for months - any ideas??

i seem to be stuck at 165 and cants get lower! i keep saying that thats good to be down 75lbs since sept but ive been in a stall for months - any ideas??

Are you still getting a Protein Shake in a day? I start every morning with a nectar Fuzzy Naval Protein shake with strawberries. lunch lately has been Greek yogart and dinner a chicken thigh or pork with mashed potatoes. I also snack on mini baby Bel cheese and those 100 calorie packs of chips a couple times a week. I'm No saint, when I pick My strawberries up from Wegmans in the morning a chocolate croissant more often than not finds it's way into my cart but I really believe these indulgences help keep me on track and the scale moving. I'm down 105 pounds with about 7 more to go.

So excited! Normal BMI as of this morning!