Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often does everyone throw up?? I'm 3 1/2 weeks out and threw up today 3 times. I tried to eat like 3 chips with mango salsa ( was sitting in the break room and looked really good!) and then twice when I tried saltine with laughing cow tonight. It normally doesn't hurt when I throw up. Sometimes it's because my stomach feels like its stuck and sometimes my mouth waters and it just happens. I never know what will trigger it. One day fish is ok the next it's not. The only think I'm sure is ok it's Soups and shakes. Am I hurting my stomach??? It's never like before my sleeve where my stomach cramps and flips its more like a baby spitting up, just regurgitating, sorry I know gross. But I guess stranger body functions are par for the course now. I just don't want to hurt my body but sometimes I feel bulimic lol.

Every dr. Has a different plan, but I do not think you are supposed to be eating chips 3 1/2 weeks out. You should let the surgeon know about that.

I'll be two weeks out on Tuesday and I've never once thrown up. Knock on wood because vomit is my biggest phobia ever. But yeah chips are greasy and also salsa is spicy and we aren't supposed to be eating greasy/raw/spicy things so soon. My doctors plan will have me just off pureed and onto soft foods at three and a half weeks.

I haven't thrown up once & I'm almost 3 weeks out!

Im 4 months out and have never thrown up

Maybe your progressing onto real foods again to fast? I personally have two weeks of liquids and then 1 week purade and 1 week mushy. I dont think throwing up is normal? But not sure. Hope your tummy settles down and you can find more foods that work for you :)

Im a week out....so far no nasuea or vomitting....any tips to avoid the same when progressing to pureed n mushy stuff???

my advice is just to take it very slowly, pureed & mushies should be fine, its probably more prone to happen when moving on to more solid foods. My first time I had eaten a small piece of watermelon. I figured this was a good choice but omg it hurt so much & then felt like it was stuck. I vomitted and felt much better. I HATE vomitting also but its not like vomitting when you are sick which is very smelly & lots of it. Its just a little bit of food that comes back up & doesnt have that sick smell. Sorry if TMI :/ I think if you eat really slowly & dont try solids too early you should be fine. :)

I'm 3 weeks out have not vomitted. I'm eating puréed foods, creamy Soup, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.

If solids aren't agreeing with you, maybe regress to the last foods that sat well?

I'm 3 months out and have thrown up quite a bit. Early on if I took one bite too much I wd throw up. I found out what sliming actually was and really listen too my body very carefully while I'm eating to try to avoid throwing up now. I discovered that I have to put my fork down between bites and just wait a few moments before taking the next bite. Doing this it slows me down and sometimes I actually get a feeling that if I take that extra bite it will put me over the edge. Unfortunately I have no signs like so many people do before l take that extra bite that takes me over my stomach limit so I typically just try to play it safe by eating about 1/2 cup of food and stopping. I have also discovered spicy foods don't agree at all, nor any type of ground beef. My stomach is very finicky. The throwing up has gotten a lot better but hasn't stopped completely.