Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Help And Im Very Sad

So how much have u guys lost at about 5 months? I know everyone is different but I want to know cause I'm just discouraged. :(

I will be 5 months out this Sunday, and I'm right there with you 48 lbs so far. Started at 238. It's been discouraging, especially when you read how people lose 40 or 50 lbs the first month or two. I figure the slower I loose, the less excess skin I will have. Just keep doing what your doing and be patient. Good luck.

I will be 5 months out this Sunday' date=' and I'm right there with you 48 lbs so far. Started at 238. It's been discouraging, especially when you read how people lose 40 or 50 lbs the first month or two. I figure the slower I loose, the less excess skin I will have. Just keep doing what your doing and be patient. Good luck.[/quote']

Aww thank u .. Now I don't feel like I'm the only one losing weight slow.. I heard its the best way to lose but I can't help to feel discourage but I will turntable frown upside down... Thank u :)

You might consider adding some other fruit than banana which is very high in sugar, carbs. How about berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.

6 months out and 57lb.

You might consider adding some other fruit than banana which is very high in sugar' date=' carbs. How about berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.[/quote']

Thank u I will try berries :)

6 months out and 57lb.

Thank u for ur post I guess we're on the same path..as long as we keep losing then that's all that should matter and ur doing good too so it does average about 10 a month hope I lose another 10 this month :) but it doesn't look like it.. What are you eating if u don't mind me asking.. I eat a lot more now today I had eggs, ham, little bites of sausage ...

Typical day:

1 Protein shake

Breakfast: 100g Greek yoghurt & fresh raspberries

Lunch: ham, cheese, Tomato, coleslaw

Dinner: chilli(made with ground turkey), cheese, gem lettuce - make chilli wraps using the lettuce

SF jelly

I use my fitness pal to work out Protein, cals etc. I have 1000-1100 cals and average 100g of protein

I have been using the herbalife healthy meal shakes to increase my Protein intake (this is a Meal Replacement shake). Also my dr and dietician have told me to avoid fruits as much as possible since they are high is sugars. Down 77 at 6 months but probably started at a much higher weight 107 total.

I use isoflex brand Protein mix. We have a store called absolute nutrition. (Alabama). I mix a scoop with my coffee every morning. About 18 oz. They have several different flavors all 110 calories a scoop. I'm hooked on this daily!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using VST

I have been using the herbalife healthy meal shakes to increase my Protein intake (this is a Meal Replacement shake). Also my dr and dietician have told me to avoid fruits as much as possible since they are high is sugars. Down 77 at 6 months but probably started at a much higher weight 107 total.

Well I started at 197 but I'm short I'm 4'9 and I lost only 50 pounds I'm 147.. I want to be at least 125-130 for my height..thanks for ur post

When you are short and/or have less to lose, you lose slower. I'm in your same club (hobbit sized) and I think you are doing great. Maybe instead of focusing on eating less, or eating more low calorie fake foods, exercise more and boost your metabolism. It might be enough to kick your system into losing.

Think about it this way, you're about 20lbs from your goal in 5 months. That's 10lbs a month! This is good!!!

Sweetie, that's not bad in the weight loss! So now you've learned and will move on. Please forgive yourself and stop beating yourself up (that's part of the journey we have to learn - I believe we ALL do this to ourselves and used to use food as a solace, perhaps even a punishment in a way).

I like the ready to drink Protein shakes (RTDs as they are called). I am not a chocolate fan (except usually certain times of the month, lol). My current "fav" is OH YEAH brand in vanilla cream. Strawberries and cream is good in Oh Yeah's too! Oh yeah's are 220 calories/32 g of Protein and usually about 2 g of sugar per 14 oz bottles. They also have an 8 oz bottle for the vanilla creams that is 130 calories and 18 g of protein per bottle, fyi.

Pure protein is another brand that I enjoy. They come in actual cans but fyi the protein they use is a blend of whey and caseinate which some ppl say isn't as good as whey protein (but it's really how caseinate protein is absorbed, it takes longer to absorb in your body supposedly). Those cans are generally about 170 calories/35 g protein and about 2-4 g of sugar in each maybe 11 oz can. I like the Cookies and cream kind in that brand and the bananas and cream is ok as well (didn't care for their strawberry and the mint Cookies and cream got a bit minty half way thru the can).

Also, Premier Protein in vanilla is a good IMO too (that's 160 calories/30 g of protein and maybe 1 g sugar). They are 11 oz per container.

Maybe I'm lazy, but I like the RTds - easy to grab and go and you know exactly what carbs/sugar/etc are in there as well as calories and protein.

Hope that helps you! I do have some shake recipes if you want the old fashioned blender versions too!

Just pls forgive yourself and move on... it's a learning experience hon. You are rocking it with 50 lbs in 5 months - AND you won't have saggy skin from loosing too fast (it's all about perspective lol) Best of luck! xxx

Protein shakes can be so gross. I do Protein Bars found some that range from 15-30 grams of Protein a bar. much better than nasty shakes.< /div>

When did you start to eat the bars?