Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Help And Im Very Sad

I drink the banana muscle milk exclusively.. I love the cake batter too but the banana RTD is awesome. Its lower in carbs too. I have had no trouble with my loss and I have used it in the mornings for about a year now. Quick, convenient and sold in GNC and HEB if they have that store where you are! Good luck and you are doing great! Dont get discouraged!

I'm hitting my 5 month mark on sept 27 and I've lost total of 48 pounds I know right not much.. I just realized what I've been doing wrong. I had a hard time finding a good Protein shake so I found one I loved it has no flavor it's Soy Protein and it has 110 calories I believe. So I make my shake with scoop of protein, and scoop Peanut Butter, 1/2 bananna, and soy milk and its very delicious but I just realized its a weight gainer. Smh no wonder I'm stuck.. I knew it was high calories but I figured that's all I was really able to enjoy it was ok but now I realize its not.. So please help any one know some good low calorie Protein Shake that are delicious ? I don't care for chocolate. Any suggestions will help thank you

I tried MANY kinds of shakes and finally found one I like...it's called Chike. http://www.chikenutrition.com/. I understand your frustration with feeling like it's coming off slow--I'm in the same boat. Tomorrow is my 5 month mark as well and I have been stalled for the past 5 weeks. I have definitely let sugar and other bad things creep back into my diet...not on purpose of course but--well, old habits are really tough to break.

On a positive note, our weight is going in the right direction. Keep on truckin' and doing your best and good things are bound to happen.

If ur having such a hard time finding a healthy Protein Drink, I would suggest you try to reach your Protein goals without the drinks. I'm 6 months post op and while I will have an occasional 1-2 shakes a week. I do get all of my protein from food. It is challenging, but it can be done I was at 800 calories for 60g but per my doctors request I am now at 75g and about 950 calories.

I love the Banana Cream Isopure Protein Powder. To me it tastes more like banana flavor than other products made to taste like them. I really, really like banana flavor, so it works for me so well that I usually have them 2x a day.

You are 5 months out, why are you still doing shakes? Those won't keep you full as much as solid foods. I'd go more low carb and if you insist on doing shakes Premier Protein is the best.

Judging from the ingredients in the shake in your original post I'd recommend Chike banana flavor and a bit of PB2. I'm sure it won't be a perfect match and it is a bit higher in calories that I prefer, but it does have that rich taste you'll like & it is prodomanantly a whey Protein isolate. As far as anybody claiming any shake is the "best", the best is a pure whey protein isolate. Anything else might be someone's "favorite" but it is assuredly not the "best".

First of all, you have done great! You have lost 10lbs a month, which is fantastic. You can't compare yourself to others, there are just too many variables.

Secondly, if you like your Protein powder, I would stick with it. Everything in your shake is healthy (if you are using plain PB). If you want to try and cut a few calories from it, try the powdered Peanut Butter like someone else said (PB2) or you can buy Peanut Butter flavor Torani sugar free syrups. I might get flack for this, but I believe there are healthy carbs and unhealthy carbs. From day one, I never cut out food groups to cut carbs. I knew I couldn't go the rest of my life never eating fruit or drinking milk. It is the refined carbs that are killers (think white). You need to find something that works for you!

I love muscle milk, french vanilla rtd is great and i can add things for flavor. I like chai powder (found a sugar free mix at world market) or i also do coffee extract for a cappucino flavor. Ive also added sugar free raspberry Syrup. World market has a huge selection of sugar free turano syrups.

Also, muscle milk has a banana cream flavor that is very banana-y. Banana isnt my favorite bit i like it enough to have once in a while. They also make Peanut Butter extract if you really like that flavor combo. A couple drops of extract goes far and adds 0 calories or carbs! :)

For me any ready to drink shake is nasty, way too sweet! I use only Unjury Protein powders, they are top quality medical protein. You can order canisters or packets. If you leave out the banana, and use PB2, you should be fine. Add some banana extract ( you can find it in baking supply stores) and they have tons of other flavors. You can make something similar but cut way back on the calories and carbs.

I was having a problem with protien shakes also when I was trying to lose weight, but I found one that I actually like. I'm not normally a"vanilla or chocolate" person but I found that EAS has a chocolate fudge drink thats really good it has only a few carbs 1g of sugar and more protien than slot of the nasty tasting shakes. I get mind st my local Sams club and they are very affordable. Its worth a try. Good luck in your venture :}

Here is a list of drinks that help me get my Protein. I hope you find one that you like I think there are 198 shakes on it.

sleeveshakes.doc

I have a milk allergy and can't use most of the Whey Protein Shakes. I love the Jay Robb Egg Protein shakes, all flavors. They are great with Water, soy milk or almond milk.

Protein Shakes can be so gross. I do Protein Bars found some that range from 15-30 grams of Protein a bar. much better than nasty shakes.< /p>

you could try PB2 it is a Peanut Butter powder only 45 cals per serving. It helps when you crave that peanut butter taste. I add it to my shakes or plain greek yogurt or even spread it on a lo cal bread.< /p>