Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had hunger from about 4 weeks on. I'm 14 months post op and I eat about every 3 hrs. Not full meals of course but maybe cheese and a couple of crackers or a couple of Peanut Butter crackers. My family jokes that my grandbaby and I have to stay on our feeding schedules or we aren't ourselves. Lol I take an acid reducer too but I'm still hungry that often. It hasn't effected my weightloss though that I can see. I just count the calories in for my daily amount.

It comforts me to read this! I too am on a pretty strict "feeding schedule" or I get very miserable very fast. But it hasn't affected my weight loss either.

I'm sure the hunger would sound scary not being sleeved yet, but it is much different than presurgery because after eating a very small amount of food you are stuffed again. You do, however, have to choose the foods you eat carefully - lean Protein first etc etc.

I take Prevacid - prescription strength - twice daily. I have had a major problem with reflux even before I gained weight. I tried many different acid reducers before finding that Prevacid worked whereas omeprazole and the like did not. Everyone responds differently I imagine.

i take omeprazole, 20mg twice a day

Im almost 13 months out and it seems my appetite is a lil bigger but too I havnt been drinking my h20 properly and my Protein shakes..i c a huge diffrnce in my hunger wen I do the rite thing oppose to the rong thing..im bak to the basics to this week becuz I have been eating a few Cookies cake and potatoe chips to often..i neverd stop eating those things I just reduce eating junk but latly I been a lil pig and now I have gave myself a reality chek to the tenth power! I been doing so great and I will continue too!

Once in a while my doctor perscribe adipax 37.5 mg to me and I mite take only 8 to ten a month to help me with apetite control but im not saying u shud im just saying wat my doc do for me..i want to make myself clear before I get badgerd here..

i take omeprazole' date=' 20mg twice a day[/quote']

thanks, i do take them to but no diferent in my hunger, i take then because i do take other medicines so it help my stomach..

Sent from my iPhone using VST

U mean the adapex u take? Somtime thy tricky..it seem to work better for me on an empty stomach..i take wit my Protein Shake and I dont eat intil 2 or 3 hours later after taking them..u kno thy do have one called fasting..thy capsels wit lil crystals inside.thy great too.

U mean the adapex u take? Somtime thy tricky..it seem to work better for me on an empty stomach..i take wit my Protein Shake and I dont eat intil 2 or 3 hours later after taking them..u kno thy do have one called fasting..thy capsels wit lil crystals inside.thy great too.

tanisha, i take them after breakfast.. but i do not take them every day...

I dont either..do u take dem an hour after Breakfast? And sumtimes u have to stop taking dem for a while becuz thy wont work..sumtime I take and im too still hungry so I just eat low cal stuff like activia lite. fruit. Crackers and cheese or ccereral with fruit so I cant gain weight do to my crazy appetite.

Im in the same boat with you all. Can someone just tell me how to get it out of my head please!!!!!

I know a lot of people don't have this problem. But I did. The first thing I heard when I woke up from surgery was my stomach "growling". It scared me to death! I kept thinking I'm not supposed to be hungry!!

But I try to ignore it until its time to eat. I eat 3 very small meals filled with Protein. I will eat 1-2 Snacks. Try to stick to protein or veggies for snacks. If I growl in between food time I drink Water to fill me up. The body often times mistakes thirst for hunger.

Tell him to stick with it. We all want people to notice. Pretty soon every single encounter will have someone saying how awesome he looks.

I use to take it but it was to high with insurance. But boyee did I love it. It worked excellent and that was before surg. Maybe once I have ins again I will ask my doc to change me back. I take 40mg of omeprazole which is perscript strength of prilosec.

Once in a while my doctor perscribe adipax 37.5 mg to me and I mite take only 8 to ten a month to help me with apetite control but im not saying u shud im just saying wat my doc do for me..i want to make myself clear before I get badgerd here..

I don't want to have to take Adipex that's the reason why I had the operation. Adipex is really bad for you and it gives me heart palpitations. As for the people who have yet to be sleeved. Yes i get hungry and probably eat every 2-3 hours however I only eat a small amount. It's not like it was. I had hoped I wouldn't be hungry at all and had no thought of food but thats unfortunately not the case :(

I am three weeks out and I feel hungry every morning when I wake up. I can only eat/drink 6 oz at a time. Trying mushies bit something still hurt.

I am 6 weeks out and lately I've been hungry every 2-3 hours. Will this feeling go away? I hope so it's scaring me. I am trying to eat high Protein to fill me up for longer periods but it's not working like before.

yes!!! u r right about that. had sugery may 15, 2012 with a low bmi of 35 and since then i have lost 20 lbs. thats almost in 4 months. i have been in stall for about 6 six week. i am doing everything by the book and i am stocked in there. DONT now what to do!!!! Any advice out there.. Please!!!!